35..

Of Truth and Love

Chahye got out of the car just as Dean opened the door for her. She smiled at him and stepped forward just as he closed it behind her.

"Thank you for today, Dean," she said.
"You're welcome," he smiled as he followed her. "Should I take you to the university tomorrow?" he asked.
"No. Hyoseob usually does that," answered Chahye.
"I see," said Dean slightly with a frown. "Can I ask you something?" he continued. Chahye stopped and looked at him. "Please start calling me ami more often. We already talked about this," he said smiling.
"Right... Okay. I will," said Chahye nodding her head.
"See you tomorrow, then," said Dean saluting to her.
"Wait," called Chahye not wanting him to leave just yet. Dean looked at her once more and waited. "Thank you..." she said. "Thank you for spending the afternoon with me... for listening to me. I appreciate it."
Dean stepped forward and leaned towards her. "You're welcome, ami-rang. Any time," he said smiling, not losing his gaze on her.
Chahye froze and stared back at him. He was smiling again and she felt as though she was being warped into his zone. Without even thinking, she stood on her toes and leaned towards his right cheek, leaving a kiss on it. "Take care," she said softly as she looked back at Dean whose eyes were stoked. 

Chahye bit her lip before smiling then turning around to the building. She was soon out of sight and Dean raised a hand to his cheek, the side Chahye just kissed. His mouth fell open, surprised by her actions. He felt his cheeks burn and he was smiling. He felt like a teenager getting his first hello from his crush. Yeah, they started off rocky and this gives him enough reason to keep it low this time. She was starting to open up to him and she barely gets too annoyed at him anymore, not that she doesn't annoy him as well. But it was better that way.

He smiled to himself one last time before walking back to his car. He was about to open the door when he saw a familiar Mercedes Benz parked near the compound entrance. The door opened and the driver came down. Dean let his car door go and turned to look at him, waiting for him to walk over.

"I was trying to call her but it looked like her phone was off," said Crush, his hands inside his jacket's pocket. "Now I know why."
"I didn't know you were calling," said Dean.
"Why should you know anyway?" asked Crush.
"Hey. I just took her out to eat. No need to get so mad about it," said Dean. "You can have her for the rest of the day."

Crush was starting to get mad but he couldn't act on his emotions just yet. He can't let Chahye see them.

"Get in your car and follow me," said Crush.
"Where to?" asked Dean.
"Just get in your car, will you?" repeated Crush turning around and walking towards his car and getting in.

Dean did the same and maneuvered his way as he followed Crush's car outside of the compound. They drove all the way to Hongdae, just right around the residential area beside the rows of cafes closed for Sunday, family day.

Crush got out of his car. Dean parked just behind his. Crush walked over to the park, to where the children's playground was located. Dean walked cautiously towards him, not knowing why Crush wanted to come here where people don't usually go to. He stood a good distance away from Crush whose back was facing him.

"I'm sorry," said Dean starting the conversation. "If you think I'm stealing and taking Chahye away from you, I'm not doing that. I would never want her to lose a friend like you," he said.
Crush then turned around and had sadness in his eyes. "I'm not a bad person, Hyuk. But I hope you forgive me," he said.

He walked towards Dean slowly. But he quickened his pace and was soon in front of him. After whispering, "I'm sorry," Crush suddenly hit Dean straight into his left cheek leaving him weak on his limbs and falling to the floor. Dean lifted his head and leaned on one knee as he tried to stand up and wipe the side of his lip.
". Another cut," he whispered as he saw the blood on the back of his hand.
Suddenly, Crush grabbed his jacket's collar and pulled him up to face him. "I hate you for being the guy my bestfriend likes," he said gritting his teeth and once again hitting Dean on the same side.
Dean pushed himself away from Crush trying to keep his balance. "I'm sorry," said Dean.
"I can get it over with if it was some other guy all around her. But it's you," said Crush walking over to him. "You're my friend, Kwon Hyuk!" he shouted as he kicked Dean in the stomach.
He fell to the pavement again clutching his stomach in pain. He slowly knelt on the pavement and looked up at Crush. "I'm really sorry, hyung," he said.
"Why don't you fight back, Dean?" shouted Crush as he leaned down and pulled him back up with his collar.

Meanwhile...

Sameul Seo asked Nucksal to stop as he looked at the cafe they just passed by. He saw that it was closed but the lights were on, staff busy cleaning inside. He was looking at the place's interior and the glass shelf where the food is usually placed.

"I thought you wanted to buy a cake?" asked Nucksal as he approached him when he noticed Samuel wasn't beside him.
"This store usually has the cakes I really like but their closed," said Samuel pouting.
"Then let's look for somewhere else," said Nucksal as he walked ahead.

Samuel followed him as he crossed the street to the playground. Just as they approached the fountain, Samuel saw two men standing at the very far end of the park. He reached Nucksal's arm and stopped him. "Isn't that Dean-ssi?" he asked pointing at the black-haired boy in a jacket.
Nucksal looked and squinted his eyes to get a better look. "I don't know," he said.
"Aish. I told you months ago to start wearing glasses already," said Samuel rolling his eyes at his friend.
"My fans like me just like this, you know," said Nucksal proudly. He looked back at the men they saw and said, "Isn't the other one like Crush-ssi? He has unique lips, you know."
"Maybe," said Samuel taking his phone out as it vibrated. "Penomeco's already asking where we are," he said reading the message he received. He looked back up then they both had to step back.
"Oh my god! What just happened?!" shrieked Nucksal when Dean fell back after Crush hit his face.
"What the ?! Aren't they supposed to be friends?!" said Samuel as he hid behind Nucksal.
"Why are you hiding behind me?! I should be the one hiding," panicked Nucksal pulling Samuel's arm from him.
"Shut up. I'm calling Penomeco," said Samuel pushing Nucksal away and dialing his friend's number.
"Hurry up, Samuel. Crush just took his collar!" said Nucksal.
". . ," panicked Samuel.
"What should we do?! Shouldn't we supposed to stop them or something?!" said Nucksal.
Penomeco finally answered his phone and greeted his hyung. "Don't you dare speak a word," he said making the guy on the other line shut up. "Your friends, Dean and Crush are here at the Hongdae playground. And... Oh my god," said Samuel Seo taking another step back as Dean got hit again.
"HURRY UP AND GET HERE. CRUSH IS KILLING DEAN!" shouted Nucksal over the phone.

"Why don't you fight back, Hyuk?! Why?!" shouted Crush.
"I don't want to fight you, hyung," said Dean.
"Fight with me! You don't understand how mad I am at you!" shouted Crush.
"I know. And that's why I'm just letting you...." Dean said but Crush hit him again making him unable to continue. He got hit straight in the face again and fell to the ground. Dean turned around on his knees when Crush kicked his side, making him collapse onto the pavement groaning. "Why can't you just stay away from Chahye?! Why can't you just leave her alone?!" he shouted.
"I'm sorry, hyung. I can't," said Dean clutching his stomach once again, kneeling in front of him.
Crush knelt down and took his collar. "Fight me, Dean. FIGHT ME!" shouted Crush.
Dean looked at him and smiled. "I won't. Chahye wouldn't like to see you tomorrow when you take her to the university with a cut on your lip," he said.
"I can't take her tomorrow. Don't you know that we fought yesterday?! That was the first time I shouted at her. And it's all because of you!" shouted Crush, his voice starting to crack.
"I... I know, hyung... She told me," said Dean.
Crush hit him again in annoyance. "I hate you, Hyuk. I hate you," he said, already feeling guilty that he was hurting his own friend. "She could have been mine. But here you are entering her life and she's soon all over you. I hate you!" he shouted.
"I'm sorry, hyung," said Dean trying his best not to pass out. He never imagined Crush to be that strong. He wanted to fight back but he couldn't. Crush was his friend. And most of all, Chahye loves him.
"Is that all you can say to me, Kwon Hyuk?!" snarled Crush.
"No," said Dean. Crush kept his hands on his collar, kneeling in front of him, teeth gritted in anger. "She loves you, hyung," he said. "Maybe not the way you love her, but she still adores you."
"Shut up!" said Crush.
"She was crying. She knows she hurt you and she feels bad for not loving you the same way. But please, hyung..." said Dean.
"I told you to shut up!" shouted Crush punching him again, hitting his jaw.
Dean crashed to the pavement again, blood from his mouth dripping onto it. With all his strength, he got up on one knee and stood up, an arm around his torso. "Hyung, stop. I know you're mad. But I won't fight back. I can't hurt the only person who knows Chahye more than anyone else. You're my friend, too," he said in a pleading tone.

Crush walked towards him with a clenched fist.  But right before he could raise his arm to hit Dean again, a hand grabbed his and made him stop. It was Oh Hyuk looking straight at him. Behind him were the other members of Hyukoh, Zico, Penomeco, Millic, Incredivle, CJamm, BeWhy, Andup, Giriboy, Taewoon, Samuel Seo, Nucksal, Takeone, Loco and Mino.

"That's enough," said Hyuk still holding onto him.
Millic looked at his bestfriend and quickly ran over to him when Dean finally lost balance. "You okay?" he asked as he held under his arms.
"I'm good," smiled Dean although in pain.
"That doesn't look really good, Dean-ssi," said Samuel as he helped Millic with him, holding him from behind. Penomeco approached to help as well.
Crush saw how they tried to help Dean. He pulled his arm away from Hyuk and groaned. " off. This is our fight," he said.
"Fight?! Dean doesn't even look like he can hit you anymore," said CJamm in disbelief.
"What happened, Hyoseob?" asked Zico. "What made you do this?"
"You know why!" shouted Crush.
"Is this about Chahye again?!" said Zico unbelievably.
"Chahye? What does this have to do with Chahye?" asked BeWhy.
"Woah.. So this is a love fight? I didn't know Dean hyung had a thing for Chahye," said Mino.
"You know you shouldn't have done this, Hyoseob. What if..." said Taewoon
"Don't talk to me like that! You hit him as well!" shouted Crush at him.
"Me?" said Taewoon as he stepped towards Crush. "I hit the guy twice and that was enough," he said as he stood only inches away from him. "You saw how Chahye cried with just two punches. Do you imagine what she would feel if she saw Dean like this?!" he shouted.
"Yeah. It's always Dean. It's always Chahye. BUT WHAT ABOUT ME?!" shouted Crush as he pushed Taewoon away from him with full rage. "Has anyone thought about what I felt?! I LOVE CHAHYE BUT NO ONE EVEN DARES TO UNDERSTAND THAT! No one ever asked if I got hurt with him all over her!"
Millic turned around to look at Crush. He shook his head slightly then walked over to him. Just as he faced him, he said, "I'm sorry, hyung." With a clenched hand, Millic hit Crush's face, making him fall back in surprise.

All the others gasped as they saw Millic punch Crush. BeWhy tried to stop him as he was closest but he charged at Crush, sitting on top of him.

"Chahye's your bestfriend, right? And you were hurt whenever she was sad or in pain, right?" said Millic as calmly as possible, pulling Crush up with his shirt's collar. "You hurt my bestfriend again and I'm killing you. You don't do that, not when he doesn't want to fight back. HYUK NEVER FIGHTS PEOPLE HE CARES FOR AND YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!" he shouted in his face.
"Seunghyun..." said Dean calling his bestfriend, Millic loosing his grip on Crush. "That's enough. It's not his fault. I  made all of this happen," he continued.
Incredivle helped Takeone take Millic off of Crush as Loco took him away. "That's enough, Hyoseob," Loco said to him.
"This is crazy," said Mino.
"I never imagined you two fighting like this over a girl...not over Chahye," said Zico.
"I didn't even know Dean knew her," said Penomeco looking at Taewoon who gritted his teeth.
"If anyone has a right to actually fight for Chahye, that's Hyuk-ssi," said BeWhy.

Hyuk just sighed then put his hands inside his pockets. He looked at his band mates then nodded. He turned around and walked away with Hyunjae and Donggun behind him.

"Where is he going?" asked Andup.
Inwoo took a glance at his friends slowly getting farther. He looked back at the groups, one helping Dean stay awake and up, the others trying to calm Millic and Crush down. "Do you know the bar above Basecream?" asked Inwoo.
Takeone, Andup and Giriboy looked at each other and hiked their shoulders. "Yeah. We know the place," said Giriboy.
"This isn't the time to ask for directions, Inwoo-ah," said Nucksal ruffling his hair.
"I'm not asking for directions," smiled Inwoo. "Clean Dean-ssi up and take them there. We'll be waiting," he said before saluting and running away, catching up to Hyuk and the group who waited for him at the corner street.
"What does that actually mean?" asked Samuel.
"I think we should just follow them," said Incredivle.

At the bar, there was already a long table waiting for all of them. Waiters came with 5 cases of beer, a plate of nuts and some meat slices. Hyukoh were already sitting on one side of the table.

"What is this?" asked Taewoon.
"What better way to talk about things than over a couple of bottles of beer, right?" smiled Inwoo as he stood up with an open beer bottle, passing it over to Zico.
"Oh. Uhm... Thanks," said Zico as he took it.
"I don't think it's good for Dean to drink in his condition," said Takeone.
"No... I'm fine... Thanks," said Dean as he reached for the bottle Hyuk reached over to him. He took the chair right across Hyuk's and sat down, an arm still around his stomach.

The guys were able to fix Dean up, with the help of the Basecream guys downstairs. Kooky gave him an ointment to put over his cuts to heal them faster and better. All of them ended up at the bar with the group except Nucksal and Samuel Seo who had to get back to Stoneship, after they find a cake. Crush didn't want to go but Loco and Penomeco insisted he went. He ended up sitting in between the two.

"Well, this is weird," said CJamm. "I didn't even know Dean-ssi and Chahye had a thing together."
"She never mentioned him," said Incredivle.
"They're not together," said Taewoon sternly.
"Him arguing with Hyoseob definitely says something about that though," said Giriboy eyeing him with a smirk.
"You gotta loosen up on your cousin a bit, Taewoon hyung," said Takeone taking a beer from Hyunjae and sitting beside him.
"Are you two together already?" asked Mino.
"No. We're not," answered Dean.
"Really?" asked Penomeco.
"I swear," said Dean.
"But you like her?" asked Incredivle.
"Definitely," answered Dean seriously.
"Ah. Mean competition,"said Takeone. "I used to really like her as well."
"He actually still asks Chahye for a date and he always gets a no," laughed Giriboy as he took a bottle of his own sitting next to Zico and Andup.
"Didn't you ask her out once, too?" said Zico pushing him.
"I did. But that was just play. I knew she didn't like me," said Giriboy.
"She only did like Oh Sung hyung," said Andup shaking his head.
"She said that was just a crush," said CJamm.
"Did she date anyone else?" asked Dean.
"No. Just Hyuk," said Mino.

Hyuk smiled as he raised his bottle and drank up. Everyone else followed. Hyuk didn't know what he would achieve after inviting everyone to drink together. But everyone knew it was nice to talk over some drinks. Maybe... Maybe Dean and Crush would make up. Seeing how Dean kept himself from hurting Crush made him realize that he values Chahye and her friends as well.

"What were you two fighting about anyway?" asked Loco looking at Crush who avoided everyone else's stares. Even Dean didn't answer.
"What?! Is this suddenly a staring game?" said Hyunjae when the two kept silent for a long while already.
"Dean and Chahye have started going out, seeing each other," said Zico.
"These are just dates huh? Not really together yet, right?" said Mino. Zico nodded.
"And?" said BeWhy.
"That can't be the only reason Crush is mad at him," said Takeone.
Taewoon and Zico looked at each other from across the table and contemplated whether they should say it or not. "Well, you see..." started Zico. Dean looked at him as well, waiting if he would say it.
"I'm mad at him because I didn't know he was hitting on Chahye. She's my bestfriend and we're in the same crew together and I was oblivious to that fact," said Crush covering everyone else's . Knowing that they were with Chahye's friends and some members of Buckwilds, Dean might as well say goodbye to his pretty face if they ever talk about him touching her. "Chahye told me eventually but I still didn't like how he was all over her," he continued.
"Ah. You and your jealous ," said Incredivle smirking.
"Yes. Me and my jealous . And his pride as well. I don't know if he made it his task to annoy me with the thought of her with him," said Crush.
"I never meant it that way," said Dean.
"And I guess you brothers didn't like Chahye going out with Dean huh?" asked Loco.
"Of course. We don't want her dating anyone," said Taewoon.
"But Dean's your friend," said Mino. "Why can't you trust him?"
"Yeah. You trusted us," said Donggun.
"Yeah. And CJamm ain't that trustworthy, you know," smiled Inwoo.
"Aish! I was already keeping my mouth shut so no one mentions me," said CJamm reaching for Inwoo's hair.
"It's hard to give your trust just to anyone," said Taewoon.
"Because Dean never knew her story," said Hyuk as though he was reading everyone else's minds.

Everyone was quiet after that. Andup took a couple of slices of meat from the platter and drank up. Takeone just whistled. Dean knew it was Chahye's secret they were talking about, the monster Hyunjae and Jihye told him about. He wanted to ask but seeing how everyone avoided talking about it, he decided to just shut up. Millic looked over to him and he knew they were thinking the same thing. They have to shut up.

"You haven't done anything bad towards Chahye, have you, Dean?" asked Giriboy seriously.
"I...I haven't," he answered hesitantly.
"Good. Then we count on that," said Giriboy raising his bottle.
"You don't want to know what Zico hyung and Taewoon hyung could do if Chahye ever get....hurt," said Andup.

Dean took a glance at the brothers and at Crush. They were all looking at him as though he was fresh meat and they were ready to devour him at anytime.

"Dean already knows Daejung though," said Hyunjae.
"Eh? Really?" said Andup.
"Yeah. I met him last week. He's cool," smiled Dean.
"We took them out yesterday, him and Chahye, and went shopping. The kid was happy," said Millic.
"Aish. I feel regretful. Daejung asked us last week, too. But I wasn't available," said CJamm.
"Thank you for taking them out. Chahye rarely ever has time with him," said Penomeco.
"Nae... I think the last time they were together for a day was when we had a release party for 22," said Inwoo. "That was 2 years ago already."
"And remember when they fought right there because Chahye insisted he go home to Incheon that night," said Hyunjae.
"But Daejung wanted to stay," said Incredivle.
"Poor kid. All he ever wanted was to be with his sister," said Takeone.
"You seem to know a lot about Daejung," Dean said directed at no one in particular.
"The kid literally grew up with all of us," smiled Giriboy.
"Definitely," said Andup.
"If we could have changed his diapers, we would have," said Hyunjae. 
"But he was already 10 years old then so you probably wouldn't be able to do it," laughed Takeone.
"I bet Taewoon did," pointed Giriboy.
"Me? I was only able to hold him when he was 4 years old," said Taewoon.
"He would have dropped Daejung-ah if he ever carried him back then," laughed Zico with Crush.
"I remember that time when Jisuk hyung bought him a teddy bear and Daejung ran away," said Crush.

The night went on with everyone talking, drinking and being closer. Millic spent time with the others of his same line. Dean stayed sitting on the table as he talked to Giriboy, Penomeco and Loco.

"Sorry about Hyoseob, by the way," said Loco. "I mean... He's always our kind, little kid in the crew but he can be very emotional sometimes."
"Don't worry, hyung. I understand," smiled Dean.
"I wanted to say that you look very handsome in person," said Giriboy. "But with your circumstance right now, I can't," he snickered.
"Don't worry. The ointment Kooky gave you will help," said Penomeco. "He usually gets into a lot of fights so he knows stuff," he continued as Dean slid his hand into his pocket where the small bottle was resting in. He'd keep in mind to look for the same ointment when he's free.
"You know, everyone from Chahye's friends are pretty harmless," said Loco.
"Yeah. But you really need to take care not to touch the nerve of anyone from Buckwilds," said Penomeco.
"I... Can I ask why?" spoke Dean.
"Because..." started Giriboy, his cheeks starting to turn pink. "We know more about her than you. But you don't have to worry. Only Takeone gets too violent from everyone in the crew." Dean just nodded at his statement. "But you really wouldn't want to get on the hyungs' nerves as well. JTong hyung, Hwaro hyung and Ignito hyung are crazy," said Giriboy.
"So... Everyone in your crew knows Chahye?" asked Dean.
"Yes. I swear, if they knew you and Crush were fighting because of her, they'll be putting both of you in an interrogation," said Giriboy.
"Where are they anyway?" asked Penomeco.
"I don't know. But Fana hyung is at The Ugly Junction so he really wouldn't be able to come here," said Giriboy.
"I was just at Goodneck when Samuel hyung called me. Nucksal hyung was screaming over the phone," laughed Penomeco.
"I was with CJamm, BeWhy, Zico, Taewoon and TakeOne when you called Zico," said Loco pointing at Penomeco.
"We are all at the same crew so I was shocked they were fighting," said Penomeco.
"Where were you?" Dean asked Giriboy.
"Me? I was walking towards the restaurant these freaks were at when they started running towards me, saying I should follow," he answered pointing at Loco who was laughing. "I think Zico called Millic about it, too and that's why HIGHGRND is here," Giriboy continued.

Just then, Oh Hyuk sat right across Dean once again, with two bottles in his hand. "I wasn't at HIGHGRND when I learned about the news," said Hyuk passing the other bottle to Dean which he took gladly. It was his second for the night. "Hyeontae sent me a message," he said crossing his legs.

Crush then walked over to the back of Giriboy's seat and coughed. Dean looked at him. Zico was also standing beside Dean giving Penomeco a stern look which he understood.

"Do you want to play darts or something?" Penomeco asked Giriboy.
"I want to," answered Loco and then standing up from the table, Penomeco right behind him.
Giriboy looked at the two men standing. "I might just want to leave, you know. I have songs to finish," he said.
"Then leave. We don't care," smirked Zico as he took the seat beside Dean.
Giriboy stood up then flashed a middle finger at him before walking away. All of them laughed as Crush took the seat beside Oh Hyuk. "I swear Giriboy hyung is twisted," said Crush.
It was only them four on the table and Dean wasn't comfortable with it. He looked at Hyuk who had a bored expression on his face. "Where were you when you knew?" he asked.
"We were at the pub," he answered boringly not looking at him or anyone. Dean nodded not saying another word in the fear that Zico and Crush didn't knew anything about it. He remembered Daejung saying his sister knows nothing about it.
"I should just walk away from this group. It feels awkward," said Zico.
"Why?" asked Dean.
"Well, by now, you already know that I'm Chahye's bestfriend. Hyuk is her ex-boyfriend. And there's you. Her boyfriend," said Crush.
"You're forgetting me, her cousin," said Zico.
"And I'm not her boyrfriend," said Dean.
"Not yet," said Hyuk.
"Hopefully. I don't know," said Dean.
"You really still have a long way to go before you can make her yours," said Hyuk matter-of-factly.
"I'm sorry by the way," said Crush looking straight at Dean, the first time they did that day. "I was just..." he tried to say.
"I'm sorry for making you feel bad, hyung," said Dean.
"It's over. You two forget about it," said Zico. "But neither of you can take her to the university tomorrow morning. Not with your face," he said pointing at Dean. "And not with you and your hangover," he said pointing at Crush who was now at his 5th bottle. "I'll ask one of the hyungs to take her tomorrow."
"Good thinking," said Hyuk.
"I'll fetch her then," said Crush.
"Hyung. I know I'm pursuing Chahye but if you want to be with her, I won't stop you. Me and Chahye... We talked today," said Dean. All the three men suddenly locked their gazes onto him. "She was really sad that the two of you fought. She thought you won't be friends anymore and she cried. I wanted to comfort her but I didn't know how. You guys do," said Dean.
"She cried? To you?" said Zico.
"Yeah. Well.. Not really. She just cried. But she was looking somewhere else, so I don't know," said Dean honestly.
Hyuk then sat on his chair properly and faced Dean. He leaned his arms across the table and looked straight at you. "And what did you do?' he asked.
"Nothing. I just let her cry. Then I...I hugged her and she stopped. Then we continued eating. We were at a restaurant," said Dean slightly scared what their reactions towards him hugging her would be.

Hyuk leaned back on his chair and smiled. Zico and Crush did the same thing. Dean waited for them to speak but no one did.

"Hey Zico hyung," called Mino from behind of them. "Look at this," he said pointing at the table on the other side of the room.
"Your name's written on the table and look who wrote it," said Andup.
"It's Swings hyung," said CJamm.
"Woah. Let me see," said Crush excitingly as both him and Zico stood up to look.

Dean just turned around to look at them. Millic approached him and patted his shoulder. Meanwhile, Hyuk sat back on his seat and smiled as he took the bottle to his lips and gulped an amount into his throat. 

"That was the same way she became mine," Hyuk told himself as his smile disappeared.