3...

Of Truth and Love
 
After discussing matters with the manager at the coffee shop, Chahye was granted a change of shift. She would now be working from 1 in the afternoon until 5, without breaks. Since her last subject at the university ends at around noon, she would have to leave early and travel to the coffee shop in Mapo-gu. Having lunch would only be an option she couldn't take. Good thing the studio she needs to be at in the afternoon is also at Mapo-gu. She could just walk from the coffee shop to get there.
 
It was a quarter to 6 when she finally got to the studio. She was introduced to a group of 5 female dancers and 6 men. One of them, Eunji, seemed friendly and walked Chahye through the start before the choreographer came.
 
"So, do you really dance?" asked Eunji.
"Yeah. I mean. I went Hanlim Arts Highschool and majored in performing arts. Dance was my favorite," answered Chahye with a smile.
"Wow. If you went to that highschool, that means you're also smart," said Eunji.
"I guess so," smiled Chahye shyly. "Can I ask you something?"
"Sure. Throw them at me," said Eunji.
"Who are we going to dance for?" she asked.
"Oh. Didn't they tell you? We're dancing for Dean," answered Eunji.
"Dean?"
 
Chahye knew she heard his name before but she couldn't remember how. The choreographer soon came into the studio and demanded their attention. He was a man of medium built and taller than the rest of the guys in the group. Since Chahye is the last addition to the team, he instructed the other female dancers to teach her the basics after the rehearsals. Chahye did her best to stay attentive and learn the steps as fast as she could. In her experience, backup dancers for idols need to learn a whole set in just one night. Time was always of the essence in work like this. But she enjoyed it.
 
Two hours has passed and Chahye seemed to have gotten the whole dance up her head. The choreographer said they would continue tomorrow with more defined steps and blocking because Dean would be joining the rehearsals. Most of the other girls got excited at the mention of his name. Chahye just stared at them and listened. She didn't care who it was they were going to dance for. All she needed now was to learn the choreography as soon as possible. 
 
"Don't you want to join them for dinner?" asked Eunji as she approached her on the benches.
"Nah. I can't. I need to catch up with the dance," she answered. "Aren't you going with them?"
"No. I can't. I have to teach you so you could catch up with us," answered Eunji with a smile.
Chahye smiled at her and stood up. "Thanks. I owe you one," she said.
"Well, if you want to repay me, I'm good with a little talk over a nice cup of hot coffee, " teased Eunji as she walked to the center of the floor.
"Anytime," said Chahye.
 
Eunji was smaller than Chahye with a fit body. Her hair was brown and her eyes were jet black. She was friendly and has an outgoing personality. She was older  than Chahye by 3 years and has been doing back up dancing for 4 years. Just like her, Eunji started off doing it as a part-time job until she became part of Def Dance School. Chahye was starting to admire her for her friendliness. She doesn't have that much friends and she appreciated that Eunji was open to that.
 
It was already 10 in the evening and the manager couldn't understand why Dean wanted to drop by the dance studio. But he insisted and so they did. Dean went up to the studio using the stairs, which he later on regretted because it was on the fourth floor. "They should have more than 1 elevator in this building," he said. 

He walked over to the dance studio and looked through the glass window on the door. His manager said there wouldn't be any more dancers here because their schedule is only up until 9pm. But there were still two girls inside resting on the floor. One of them, Dean recognized as Eunji. She's been dancing for him and some friends for a while. "That must be the new girl," he said as he saw the girl with jet black hair and a cute smile.
 
"She's cute," thought Dean.
 
He saw them stand up and Eunji pulled the girl's hand to follow her. They were practicing again. Dean spent almost half an hour watching them. "I want her in the middle with me," he told himself as he stared at the new girl. The girls did a spin and the new one stopped just enough for her to see Dean. He smiled and the girl smiled back. He saw Eunji turn around and he quickly ducked out of view.
 
"Aish. What did I just do?" thought Dean.
 
He crawled away from the door and ran to the stairs. He went down the flights and back to the car waiting for him.
 
"What took you so long?" asked his manager.
"I just walked slow, I guess. That's 4 flights of stairs I had to climb, you know," said Dean.
"You could've taken the elevator," said his manager.
"Well, I was stupid," said Dean sarcastically.
"So, were there any dancers left inside?" he was asked.
"Yeah. Eunji noona was there with someone I didn't know," Dean answered.
"That should be the dancer Honey J recommended," answered the manger.
"Really? Well, we have to thank her. She's beautiful, hyung," answered Dean putting his seat belt on.