10..

Of Truth and Love

Zion.T and Crush has had another argument that day. Nothing big. Nothing serious. It was just becoming too often that Crush would get annoyed at him, and that bothered Zico.

They were out at lunch, Zico, Kyung, Crush, Babylon and Taewoon.

"Have you even talked to Gray hyung about everything?" Zico asked.
"Yeah. I tell him every time I argue with him. He talks to hyung after anyway," said Crush playing around with the steak on his plate.
"It's nothing serious, right?" asked Taewoon.
Crush shook his head. "He just really gets into my nerve too often now. He's still a cool hyung though," he said.
"Maybe it's because of his girlfriend," said Babylon looking up, hands held together in front of him.
"Yeah. I heard they were having problems. But he never told me any of those," said Crush.
"But wait," said Taewoon. "Is it true what I heard. Is Zion.T hyung leaving Amoeba?"
"Where did you get that?" asked Kyung.
"Suran," answered Taewoon.
"I remember Gaeko hyung telling me he had to prepare for the worst soon," said Baylon.
"Well, yeah. He's leaving," said Crush regretfully. "That's another reason I feel so mad at him."
"Where is he going to?" asked Zico as he sipped through the punch on his right.
"He's planning to start it all out with Kush hyung and Teddy hyung," answered Crush. "You know. That label they wanted to start under YG."
"Right," said Taewoon.
"YG's kinda getting crazy, don't you think?" said Kyung. "I mean, they're OGs are leaving and starting all on their own. And their rookies don't have that much respect from their fellow musicians."
"IKON," all the other boys said in unison.
"If it really hasn't been for Bobby-ssi, I wouldn't listen to that group," said Taewoon.
"He's cool. He just... He just disappointed too much when he goes and rap in the group," said Babylon.
"And he tries too hard. His voice. I don't believe that's his natural voice. But he makes himself sound as if he's already old or something," said Crush.
"The other members don't even get enough attention. It's always him and B.I at the center of everything," said Zico.

They all continued to eat, occasionally laughing and sharing another story or two. Another hour has passed and they all planned to go.

"By the way," started Zico. "Are you all going to be at the party?"
"Which one?" asked Babylon.
"Mad Clown hyung's party," said Taewoon.
"Oh right. He's going to introduce his wife-to-be," said Babylon.
"I'm going," said Crush.
"Who are you going to bring?" asked Zico.
"Bring?!" asked Crush wondering what he meant.
"Mad Clown hyung said we should bring our partners along. Like a girlfriend or something," said Kyung.
"Huh?! I didn't know that. Is that even required?!" said Crush frantically.
"Well... It isn't. But unless you wanna look stupid there, it's fine," smiled Taewoon.
"I'm gonna be bringing my girlfriend," said Babylon with a huge grin.
"I'm bringing Suran," said Taewoon.
"What about you two?" asked Crush pointing at Zico and Kyung.
"We're bringing each other," laughed Kyung. "I think bestfriends count."
"Why don't you ask Chahye to come with you?" asked Zico excitingly.
"Huh? But... Can she?!" said Crush.
"That's fine. We'll be there anyway. Tell her it's a date," said Taewoon.
"Wait. Is that the Chahye you have a crush on?" asked Babylon making Crush look at him. "She's your cousin, right?" he asked again, the brothers saying yes. "Wow. I haven't met her. Bring her, Hyoseob."
"I... I can try," said Crush. "I haven't asked her out to a party before. Omo... What should I do?!"
"Call her. Ask her. I know she'll say yes. She doesn't have anything to do at night," said Taewoon.
"But... She said she already has another part-time job at night. I hope she's free," said a worried Crush taking his phone out.
"Wait. Another part-time job? What job? Isn't she working at the cafe?" asked Zico.
Crush slipped. He shouldn't have said that. Chahye told him not to say it. "Uhm... Yeah. I was talking about that," he said looking at his phone.
"Will Dean be coming to the same party?" asked Kyung.
"Yes," answered Zico.
"Does he have a date?" asked Babylon.
"I don't know. Maybe? He didn't tell us," said Zico.
"I always wondered if that guy has a girlfriend. His songs suggest it though," said Taewoon.
"He doesn't have one. But he flirts everywhere so I guess that doesn't count," said Crush.
"The other night though... He came back to the studio talking about this girl he was so into. He even treated her to dinner and took her home," said Zico.
"He was a pain in the . He did all that while we were all waiting for him," said Crush.

They all went back to their cars to go home. Babylon went ahead first. Crush, Kyung and Zico got into Taewoon's car. They were to drop Crush at Amoeba before the brothers went back home with Kyung. Taewoon urged Crush to call Chahye and ask her out. The younger didn't want to but even the bestfriends insisted.

He fell for it.

And Chahye answered her phone so quick he wasn't able to think of a proper introduction.

"Chahye-ssi," he said.
"Seobbie oppa... You called," he heard her say.

Kyung snatched Crush's phone and put the call on speaker. The three of them did their best to contain their laughs and not make any noise while Chahye was on the phone.

"Oppa? Was that you?"
"Huh?"
"It sounded like your phone fell."
"Yeah. Slipped. Sorry about that."
"It's fine."
"So... Chahye, I just called because..."
"Just do it quick oppa. I'm on a very quick break."
"Ah. Sure. I was just calling to invite you."
"For what?"
"Uhm... You already know Mad Clown hyung, right?"
"Yeah... I met him years ago because of Hwana papa. Waeyo?"
"Well... He has a party on Friday. I was wondering if you could come with me?"
"With you? Will Jiho be there, too?"
"Yeah. They will be. Everyone else from Buckwilds, too."
"What time?"
"Anytime. Your shift ends at 5pm, right? I can pick you up after 6."
"That could work. But I still have my other work."
"Can't you miss out at least just for that night? Please?"
"I'll try. I want to go. I haven't seen everyone in a while. I'll ask tonight if I can skip."
"Can I call you later tonight to ask again?"
"I think it's better if I call you."
"Okay."
"Okay."
"Thank you."
"You're welcome, Seobbie. I'll call you back. Take care as you drive."
"Huh?! How did you..."
"I can hear the passing cars and it's obvious you're on speaker. Take care."
"Ah.. Right. Thanks, Chahye."
"You're welcome. Bye bye, oppa. Saranghae!"
"Sa-saranghae..."

The call ended and Crush could feel his cheeks heat up. They just heard Chahye say saranghae.
"So that's how you two talk to each other without all of us huh," said Zico looking at him with a raised eyebrow.
"You two are so sweet," teased Kyung.
"Shut up," said Crush.
"Good thing she didn't hear us," said Zico.
"Hey Hyoseob," said Taewoon, eyes on the road. "What were you talking about? About another work?"
"Yeah. You also mentioned that at the restaurant," said Zico. "What other part-time did she get? Why is it at night?"
"Uhm... I actually don't know what her other work is. She just told me," answered Crush.
"Why?" asked Kyung.
"Why what?" asked Crush.
"WHy did she get another job?" asked Taewoon.
"She said she just wanted to do something during the summer," answered Crush.
"Weird. Mom was talking about making her help at the lingerie store this summer," said Taewoon.
"Why,didn't she tell us though?" Zico asked his brother.
"And just you?" Taewoon followed.
"You two are together already, aren't you?!" said Kyung coming to a conclusion.
"No, we aren't," said Crush blushing behind his phone.
"At least not yet, huh?" teased Taewoon.
"Omo.. Hyung... What if Hyoseob hyung becomes our cousin-in-law? Can we handle that?!" said Zico laughing as he mockingly hit Taewoon's arm.
"Jiho... Stop! I'm driving," Taewoon said laughing.