62..

Of Truth and Love

The sun was shining bright that morning and Dean woke up first. He yawned and stretched his arms up to the ceiling when he remembered he slept with someone. 

He looked to his right and there she was, Jin Chahye, sound asleep, her arms around his own favorite pillow. It must have smelled like him for her to dig her face into it. It made him smile. "So this is what parents feel like waking up next to each other," he thought as he felt a swirl of joy enter his heart. Dean turned and soon traced a finger across her cheek. It was puffy because of all the crying she did earlier. And it once again occurred to Dean that he has a very sensitive and broken woman as his girlfriend. "Would I ever be able to take care of you that much to make you feel whole again?" he asked himself.

After a few more minutes of watching her breathe, Dean decided to get up. They were both still and he took some clothes from his closet to take a shower. He picked up Chahye's clothes from the floor inside the bedroom. This must have been the craziest night he has ever done since he remembered some of their clothes were still lying on the living room floor.

He collected her clothing and piled them up on a chair inside the room. Dean took her bag from beside the table and placed it next to her clothes. She might want to put something on when she wakes up. As silent as he could, he walked out of the room and closed the door, slightly leaving it a bit open unless she wakes up crying again. He slid Kye Bumzu's "24" mini-album into his player and walked to the kitchen to prepare his coffee maker.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee lingered in the air, just the same smell she wakes up to every morning 12 years back. She saw her face smiling at her and she ran to her side, hugging her and tugging on her skirt to help her up on the stool. She was a skinny child and was weak but her mother was always there to hold her hand.

She watched her fry eggs and prepare the meat slices she took home from work. They weren't rich but being able to eat three times a day already made her feel blessed, especially if it was her mother cooking.

As she watched her mother prepare breakfast, Daejung came into the room, smiling, his guitar in hand. Their mother smiled and consoled him to play. He did. He sounded so much better now than the last few weeks he was practicing. She watched her brother strum through his guitar as their mother watched and clapped her hands softly along the beat. Then words were starting to form into the air, working their way into her ear. She looked to her other side and there was her light, singing, his eyes closed and concentrated on the music.

"Lovely...." she uttered as she reached for his hand. He opened his eyes and slowly turned to look back at her, light emanating from them.

Her light...

Sunlight...

She slowly opened her eyes, the light hurting them. She turned around to avoid it and once again hugged the pillow where a familiar scent was coming from. She wrapped her arms around it and she instantly opened her eyes.

She was .

Her eyes shot everywhere and noticed that she was in an unfamiliar room. and alone. She leaned forward on her elbow and scanned the room. Where was she?! Then she saw flashes of memories from last night. Bodies. Ecstasy. Alcohol. The smell of arousal. But then again, there was the smell of coffee and its embracing aroma lingering in the air.

"Dean..." She called out as she pulled the sheets to cover herself as she felt the movement from outside. "Dean..." She called out again, almost in a cry. She's inside Dean's room. She knew she was. She just wanted to be sure.

Then a knock came on the door. "Chahye... Did you call for me? Are you all right?" he said sticking his head into the room.
"Dean..." she said in relief as she saw his face. She was in his place. Thank God.

Dean walked over to her, now wearing shorts and a big white shirt. Chahye stared at him, memorizing his face as it glowed in the sunlight. He was mesmerizing even in wet hair and normal clothes. He sat right next to her and she held on the sheets tighter. She was still and felt shy that she was.

"Everything all right?" he asked running a hand over her head.
"Yes. I just... I just thought I was in another place," she admitted.
"I see. Well, good morning," he smiled.
"Go-Good morning," she hesitated to smile.
"Are you feeling all right? Want to take a shower first?" he asked as he sat beside her.
"My clothes," she said.
"Right on that chair. I brought your bag inside, too," answered Dean pointing to the chair on his desk.
"Thanks."
"Anything else?"
"I...I think I have a headache."
"Hang over. You had five glasses of alcohol. I made coffee."
"Yeah... I smelled it."
"Smells good, huh? Come on. Get up and let's eat. I already told Daejung you were here."
"You what?!"
"I called him."
"But... He's at our aunt's right now!"
"So?"
"He might tell..."
"Oh... Right..."
"Urgh. Kwon Hyuk..."

Chahye flopped herself back on the bed and kept the sheets over her shoulders. Dean just smiled at her.

"My head hurts..." she said.
"Well, you better get up and get ready so you could eat and take some medicine," said Dean standing up. "I already put a towel on the desk. Bathroom is the door beside this."
But Chahye reached for his hand, stopping him. "Thank you," she smiled.

Dean just patted her hand then smiled. He didn't say anything and then walked out of the room. Chahye got up just as he closed the door. She suddenly felt her cheeks burn and her hands had to cup them. He was right there, in front of her and she was , and the way he looked at her.

"Oh my god. I'm going crazy," she said not believing that she acted so normal in front of him. "What is happening to me?!" she asked.

She got up and took her bag and rummaged through her things, looking for the extra shirt and underwear she brought from yesterday. She found them and put to the side as she took her clothes form last night on the seat, folding them nicely and  put them back inside her bag. She finally took the towel from the seat and covered herself. But then she realized...

"He picked up my clothes?!" she told herself. "Oh my god. This is so embarrassing!" she said covering her face. 

Dean heard her grumble from inside and blinked, thinking if he should get in or not. But then she came out of the room wrapped in her towel, her bag in hand. They caught eyes and she looked shocked. Dean just smiled then looked back to the stove where he was trying to fry eggs for the two of them. He stole a glance back at her and saw her rush to the bathroom.

"Cute," he smiled knowing that she was shy. 

Chahye just took a really quick shower, making sure she was clean and all their juices off of her body. Somehow, even if she was starting to become comfortable with Dean, the thought of him inside her still felt embarrassing and scary. But she shouldn't be too worried about that, not when she already said she loves him, not when she told him she trusts him.

She was softly wiping herself dry when she caught her reflection on the mirror above the sink. Her face was puffy, even her eyes. She told him everything last night and she cried too much, even more than all her other fits of tears before. She just opened her life to him. Will she be able to live up to that? What would she do if the other things left undone would make itself known to Dean?

She came out wearing a big shirt and underwear. She was wiping her hair dry when she saw Dean put two plates on the counter, his back towards her. "Ami..." she called ad he turned around.

Dean smiled at her presence. When he noticed she wasn't wearing any shorts, he began to blush. "Are... Aren't you going to where....pants?" he asked.

Chahye looked down and smiled. "I didn't bring my pants to the bathroom because they kinda smelled weird. I hope you don't mind... I hung it near the window slightly open," she said putting the towel in between her hands.
"Ah. I see. That's fine," he said. "You can hang the towel on the rack near the bathroom window."
"Okay..." said Chahye as she walked back to the bathroom and hung the towel she used. She walked back and watched him prepare. "You cooked?" she asked stepping closer.
"Yeah... Just the easy ones. Eggs, spam. I hope you're good with some western food," smiled Dean, his girlfriend nodding. "By the way... I have something that you may need," he said opening the cabinet from above and reaching for a box. He put it on the table across Chahye.
"Is that... A Plan B box?!" asked Chahye in surprise. "Where did you get that?!"
"Remember when I went to your apartment with Crush? Honey J noona have that to me," he answered.
"Oh. I cannot believe her..." saod Chahye reaching for it.
"How do you even use that?" asked Dean.
"It's supposed to be taken the next day after . Four tablets in the morning, another four in the afternoon then at night, too, at least for three days," explained Chahye as she opened it and took a piece out.
"Any side effects?" asked Dean worriedly.
"This brand is the safest, according to Honey J eonnie. The side effect to me is that I get my period a day or two earlier."
"And is that supposed to be safe?"
"Yes. Don't worry."
"I still think you should visit a doctor about that before taking another set."
"Why?! Do you plan on ing me some more?!"
"Maybe?!"
"Dream on, Dean. That was your first and last."
"At least for now."
"Shut up."

Chahye put the box to the side and continued to watch him. "I smelled coffee earlier, by the way," she smiled.
"Yes. Want some? Milk or plain?" he asked walking to the other side to get the coffee pot.
"Milk please," she smiled leaning on the counter.

Dean poured coffee into cups and made Chahye's cup. She sat on the stool and happily watched him. He caught glances with her and occasionally smiled and blushed.

"You don't do this often, do you?" asked Chahye as she reached for the cup he made. "Having breakfast... Cooking..."
"No. I only do this when the boys are here. Camper and Chekparren cook," he answered, taking the stool right next to her, moving it closely. "And since, usually I'm in the studio until whenever, I wake up late. My breakfast turns out to be lunch," he added.
"Hmmm... I see," she said before taking a sip from her cup. "This can pass. Thank you," she smiled.
"It's not like your favorite flavor but thank you," said Dean as he took the bowl of rice and put some on his plate.
"What is my favorite drink then, if you know?" she asked leaning her head against her hand.
"Mocha? That was what Millic ordered for you when we went to a cafe with the crew," answered Dean collecting his memory.
"Millic knows exactly how I like my mocha drink," said Chahye taking a slice of spam.
"He tells me anyway," smiled Dean sadly. Because he was always busy, Millic has been the one always there to take her out. He wasn't bothered with it. He trusts Millic and he always tells him what they did. But it saddened him that it wasn't him. "What if we go out once for dinner before I get busy with the upcoming concerts? You up for that?" he asked looking at her.
Chahye smiled and put a finger on his nose. "Don't promise me, Dean. I understand anyway," she said. "I always had the same problems with my cousins and friends. I'm pretty much used to it already."
"I'm sorry," he said sincerely.
"There's nothing to be sorry for, ami. Don't worry. Let's eat?" she answered grinning at him then taking her spoon and fork in hand. But suddenly, Dean's hands crawled along her waist and his chin rested on her shoulder. She looked to her right only to see him hug her from his seat. "Dean..." she hummed.
"I love you," he said right next to her ear.
"Dean..." she hummed.
"I think I love you even more than how I did yesterday," he added. Chahye dropped the utensils and started clenching her fists in a shaky manner. "Chahye..." he said softly when he noticed, putting a hand over her right one.
"Uhm... Sorry... I just... remembered," she said as she recalled how she cried in front of him and how he softly kissed her after her cries.
"Chahye... I love you. Please try to trust me with your heart as I try my best to take care of you every single day," he said hugging her once more. Chahye just hummed and laid her hands over his. "Even though it's sad to know your story, I'm still happy to finally know about it," he said.
"Can...can you just promise me something, ami?" she asked. "Can you please not tell the others about this? I... I don't find it comfortable when other people know."
"I won't, ami," he answered.
"Then, let's eat now?" invited Chahye with a smile.
"I think I want to eat something else though," said Dean smirking.
"What?" she asked looking at him.
"How about you?" he smirked before putting his lips against hers.

Chahye tried to push him away but he kissed her so good, she had to close her eyes and let him slip his tongue inside, getting a taste of the coffee they had. He put his hands on her thighs and soon was rubbing against them, her arms going up to his shoulders. "You shouldn't really have walked out of the bathroom in just your underwear," he said as he pulled back quickly, kissing her again. "I want to know if women really get more aroused during the morning after ," he smirked while tracing kisses on her lips.

Chahye pushed him away and smiled. "Well, it looks like you're more than me. And I'm the girl here," she said.
"You just make me want to hold you all the time," he answered.
"Well, no. Not when you already gave me the PlanB box," she said turning in her seat. "Let's eat, ami..." she hummed.

Dean just smiled and turned to face his plate. She was the iest woman in his eyes and he knew insisting on another round with her would not help. He understood that already. There will be days she'd want it and there will be days she'll punch him if he ever insists. He just has to get himself ready for that.

He ate with her and shared stories to each other. It was a long time ago when Dean had his last enjoyable breakfast with someone and he's happy, it was with Chahye. She always had good stories to share. She even told him about the work she does at the advertising company and how everyone just seemed to be absorbed with their computers rather than actually "advertising" stuff. He also told her stories about himself, especially about him and his crew. They touched some of his stories of while he was in America last year. She seemed to have known a lot about America despite never being in the country before. Dean then proved that she was really intelligent.

"By the way, you're playing Kye Bumzu's 24 album, right?" she asked as she heard the music playing in the background.
"Yup. This album is cool," said Dean.
"Did you know that I know him?" smiled Chahye.
"Really? How?"
"He's friends with Jihoon and Jisuk oppa and also Hyeontae. They introduced him to me even before he joined Superstar K."
"Cool. You always surprise me at how many people you know in the scene."
"They make me meet people. But I don't really have a lot of good friends."
"What's your favorite song in this album?"
"Hmmm. I think it's the one featuring Mark oppa."
"Mark?!"
"Mark oppa... Don Mills? His English name is Mark."
"Oh. Right. I didn't know that."
"What's your favorite, Dean?"
"My favorite is 28.5."
"Oh... The one with Jung In."
"And I think it's the one playing already..."

(please click on this link while you listen andmilk read the lyrics. :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJzFk3U9G_o)

"The only romance in my life, you
I like how your lips curl up when you smile

When you fall asleep softly in my arms
Everything stops and it’s paradise

When you meet the end of dawn, I’ll be your morning
When the evening sun sets, I’ll be your star
Now and forever, if you want, be my moon

I’m on the Gangbyun Expressway
I’m going to you right now
There’s no u-turn between us
Going to see you feels new every day

When you’re anxious
I’ll hold you tight
You can cry all you want, it’s okay

When you’re anxious
I’ll hold you tight
You can cry all you want, it’s okay

Your voice resembles the spring scent
I like your shoulders that are wider than the summer ocean
You are more aromatic than the scent of coffee in the winter
Even in the middle of the winter, it’s warm when you hug me"

They sang the song together, Dean singing Kye Bumzu's parts while Chahye tried to sing Jung In's parts, all the while looking at each other.

"I’m on the Gangbyun Expressway
I’m going to you right now
There’s no u-turn between us
Going to see you feels new every day

Your smile isn’t a fad, it’s always the same
It feels like I haven’t done anything for you

Baby baby, don’t worry about that
No matter what, whatever people say, I am crazy for you

I’m on the Gangbyun Expressway
I’m going to you right now
There’s no u-turn between us
Going to see you feels new every day

When you’re anxious
I’ll hold you tight
You can cry all you want, it’s okay

When you’re anxious
I’ll hold you tight
You can cry all you want, it’s okay"

 

"Their voices are beautiful..." smiled Chahye. She was now looking at Dean who stared back.
"And the lyrics... They suit us both too well," said Dean. Chahye nodded and then smiled back. 
As if she needed it, she leaned forward and gave him a long, sweet kiss. "No turning back, Chahye," said Dean as she leaned back.
"No turning back," she answered.

But as they stared at each other with so much love, the doorbell rang and they both darted their eyes at the door. "Who should that be?" asked Dean as he stole a glance at his wall clock. It was just a good 30 minutes after 9 in the morning. "Why don't you get up and cover your legs, Chahye?" he said as he stood up.

Chahye nodded and stood up, walking over to his room. But even before they both reached their destinations, the front door already opened and they froze as someone walked in.

"Jeffrey..." said Dean.

Chahye froze at the door to his room, her hand already on the knob. Jeffrey saw Dean first, then shot through the counter where a pair of plates rested. Then he saw Chahye. He didn't know if she was from the hips down but he was sure she wasn't wearing a shirt Dean owned. Then he looked back at Dean.

"So this was the reason you weren't answering your phone last night?" asked Jeffrey raising an eyebrow at him.
"I... Uhm... Yes," admitted Dean walking over to Chahye, wanting to cover her in front of a stranger. And he was right. The moment he was close enough, Chahye held the back of his shirt tight.
"Having a lovely home-cooked breakfast, too huh?" said Jeffrey dropping the paper bags he carried onto the table.
"I tried to cook," smiled Dean as he opened the door to his room and told Chahye to step in.
"Well, maybe Chahye could finally teach you," said his manager. He saw her get in and Dean softly closed the door. When he was finally concentrated, Jeffrey continued. "So what I overheard from the dancers were real. You two are already together."
"This is the first time, Jeffrey."
"This is your second, Dean."
"Is this gonna get me in trouble?"
"Kwon Hyuk... You have always been trouble for this company. Especially when it comes to girls."
"This is different, Jeffrey. I'm serious with her."
"Then make sure she is with you. And you do realize management would want to know about this."
"I will tell them."
"Good. Make sure she leaves safely and make sure you guys are protected."
"I'm not sure if you're supporting me or what."
" you, Dean. I'm already bumped with trying to keep an eye on you wherever you are. Now, I have to be really careful that you don't spill about your relationship and keep an extra eye on all the other girls trying to hit on you."
"You don't have to do that. I told you. I'm serious with her."
"Dean..."
"Hyung. I am. I'm not turning my back on her and I don't plan to play around. I know what I'm getting myself into."
"Oh really now? You do? Do you even know who she really is?"
"Yes... I... Wh-what do you mean?"

Jeffrey was caught off-guard and almost opened his big fat mouth. He turned around and walked back to the door, putting his shoes on.

"We have a meeting at 4pm. Be there," he said before quickly walking out

"What does he even mean?" asked Dean. Unknowingly, Chahye was standing right next to his door and stuck her ear on it, listening to their conversation. And just like him, she had the same question.

"What does he mean?"

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

Hi guys! I AM BACK! hahaha! I was just so busy at work for the last week and I went to an event this last weekend and was unable to update. 

I really hope you guys get the chance to listen to Kye Bumzu's 28.5. It is such a beautiful song. And don't you think it fits Dean and Chahye so much?! The way Kye Bumzu mentioned the moon and stars. T^T omo.. This is cetainly their love song. Like these lines..

When you meet the end of dawn, I’ll be your morning
When the evening sun sets, I’ll be your star
Now and forever, if you want, be my moon

When you’re anxious
I’ll hold you tight
You can cry all you want, it’s okay

I like your shoulders that are wider than the summer ocean

Even in the middle of the winter, it’s warm when you hug me (this is definitely how Chahye feels about him. T^T)

No matter what, whatever people say, I am crazy for you (Dean towards Chahye. I CANNOT. T^T)

But Jeffrey though.... I wonder what's up.. ;~;