21..

Of Truth and Love

Unlike what they originally agreed to, Zico was already at the concert hall early, arriving with Chahye. Despite Eunji initially disagreeing, Zico still ended up hanging out at the dancers' room backstage. Dean repeatedly wanted to go inside and talk to her but each and every time he would look through the door, he saw the cousins standing right next to each other as if they were talking about something so relevant. He hasn't seen Chahye smile that afternoon. The image of the man in the suit flashed in his head and he wondered if he was the reason of Chahye's sad face.

Minutes before their cue, the dancers already lined up near the stage, getting ready. It was GOT7 on stage and they were doing talk time. Dean took this moment to walk over to Chahye and talk to her. As he approached, Chahye was looking at him. But as he stood beside her, she looked down and avoided him. Dean ed the suit jacket he was wearing and gave it to her.

"Pour Up is first, remember?" he said. "You should be wearing that."
"Right," gasped Chahye as she totally forgot. She took the jacket and wore it.
Dean stood in front of her, pushing her a little away from the other dancers. He held one of her hands and made her look at him. "Are you all right, ami?" he asked in his most caressing voice.
Chahye smiled. "You used ami," she said looking up at him. "Yes. I'm fine. I just... I just didn't have enough sleep. That's all. I'm sorry. Don't worry about me."
"Are you sure?" asked Dean again.
"Yes," assured Chahye with a faint smile.

Dean sighed. With his other hand, he took out a band from his pocket and slid it through her hands. Chahye just watched him, curious. "It's the same band I wear. Yours is just wider. But if you look on the other side," he said turning the band inside-out. "There's 'love' written on it. I have the same thing," he said turning the band on his left hand inside-out as well, revealing the same word in the same design as Chahye's. As their eyes met, Dean pulled her into his arms, giving her one of his warmest hugs.

Chahye gasped as she felt her cheek touch his chest. He hugged her tight and it made her smile. She hesitated to hug him back but just then, Dean leaned back and kissed her forehead saying, "Do your best, ami." He let her go after smiling and walking away. She looked at the band now on her wrist. "Love" she read. She looked forward and sighed. "I shouldn't really let him get any closer to me," she thought.

They performed for a good 30 minutes, including Dean's talk on stage, with Millic because he was the DJ. And just as Chahye has predicted, Dean didn't engage too much with her on stage. The usual waist-grabbing and eye contact disappeared, just because he was expected to interact with fans more. As they performed his last song, I Love It, Dean flashed her an assuring smile. And every time he sang "I love you, baby", Chahye knew that he purposely looked at her.

The team didn't wait for the whole show to end and they headed to the Henz Club. Zico and DoK2 declined their invite to go. Chahye wanted to go home with Zico but he told her to enjoy the night with her team and celebrate. The other members of Club Eskimo came late. Chahye didn't drink much unlike all the other dancers and Joombas staff. She just sat right next to Millic, talking to the other members of their crew, a drink in her hand which was still half-full.

"Chahye-ssi," called Punchnello. "I thought you could drink way better than that," he said.
"I can but... I'm just not in the mood," she answered.
"Are you already tired from dancing?" asked Millic.
"Sort of. I guess I am," she said with a faint smile.
"You should drink more so you get more energy," cheered Camper.
Chahye just smiled and drank the remaining contents of her glass in one shot only to reach her hand out towards Colde who had a bottle in front of him. "Now that's what I'm talking about!" he cheered as he poured her another full glass.
"She's an even better drinker than Dean," laughed 0channel.
"I told you all she was cool!" said Punchnello.

Aside from not having someone she trusts within the group of people at the club, Chahye was really just not in the mood to drink. She stayed there, talking to everyone else, watching them get even more drunk as the night went on. Dean would sit beside her sometimes then stand up again to entertain some of his friends and people who would approach him for a talk, an autograph or a photo together. It irritated her the way she couldn't get into a proper conversation with him with people coming back and forth for him. But then the club DJ played one of Dean's songs, "I'm Not Sorry." Everything else got Chahye bored so she stood up and walked over to the dance floor. She liked the song so it wouldn't hurt to dance. She was still sober. She could handle herself.

She saw Dean on stage singing and she moved closer, close enough for him to recognize that it was her amidst the crowd. She danced and sang along. Dean saw her and he smiled at the thought of her getting hyped because of his song. As it ended, Dean passed the mic to someone beside the DJ deck. It was Jericho from DIPCOIN. Chahye recognized him because Uglyduck once introduced her to the crew. She never became close with them though. Goosebumps' "Umfff" started playing and everyone started jumping, even Chahye. Dean saw her enjoying the music and walked over to her, bumping into all the other people. He saw her smile at him as he approached.

"Nice performance," Chahye shouted in his ear.
"Thanks. I saw you so I thought I had to perform better," he shouted back to answer, flashing a playful smirk.
"I have to congratulate myself then," smiled Chahye as she took his hand and made him follow her away from where the crowd was gathering. They were already near their table when she stopped and looked back at him. "I want to go home now, Dean. I'm sorry but it's getting too late," she said.
"It's only 11, Chahye. Can't you stay a bit longer?" he asked putting an arm around her waist and pulling her towards him. "You haven't even drank much," he continued.
Chahye smelled the alcohol from his breath. She looked at his face more clearly and she knew he wasn't drunk yet. "I really want to go home now, Dean," she said taking his arms off of her.
He didn't fight back anymore. "Okay. Get your things. I'm taking you home," he said.
"What?! No. I can go home alone. You have your people here to party with," said Chahye.
"But I can't let you go traveling home alone. You need to ride 2 buses to get to Mapo-gu. There wouldn't be any buses left in cycle once you reach the station at Hapjeong," said Dean.
Chahye thought and yes, he was right. It would soon be 12 and the buses at Mapo-gu only operate until 11. She saw Dean raise an eyebrow at her. She sighed and raised both her hands in defeat. "All right. Okay. Take me home," she said walking back to their table.
"Meet me at my car, okay?" he told her as he turned around to look at the person who tapped his shoulder. "JSin hyung!" he greeted.

Chahye looked back and saw Dean talking to someone. She just rolled her eyes and walked over to Millic to ger her bag which was right beside him on the couch.
"Where are you going?" he asked.
"I'm going home," she answered.
"Eh? Why so early? Did someone hit on you?" asked Millic standing up trying to balance himself. The dude's already drunk.
Chahye giggled and pushed him back down on the sofa. "No, stupid. I just want to go home. It's getting late," she said.
"Are you sure you can go home alone?" asked Colde.
"Yes. I'm sure I can. Don't worry guys. I'll catch up with you some other day. Enjoy the rest of the night," said Chahye as she bumped fists with 0channel, Colde, Camper and Punchnello.
"What about Dean? Have you told him you're going?" asked Millic.
"Yeah... Uhm. If he comes here, could you tell him he left something in his car?" she said.
"Okay," answered Millic.

She wasn't really sure Millic would remember what she just said but it was good enough. She said goodbye to Eunji who was starting to look wasted and headed to the entrance. She walked down the alley to where she knew Dean's car was at. She waited for a few minutes before he appeared.

"Millic told me I left something in the car. I was reminded you were waiting," he said as he opened the door to the passenger seat.
"I knew you'd get occupied with all those people around you," smiled Chahye as she slid into the car.
Dean walked over to the driver's seat and  buckled himself up. "Thank you, then. Now, let's take you home," he said starting the engine.

They both weren't too sure why but they were both so noisy and energetic during the drive. Chahye insisted Dean put the radio on and they listened to some rock music over the FM, bouncing and headbanging to the beats. Chahye ended up telling him the story of when her and Zico accidentally almost burned her apartment.

"I swear I wouldn't cook anything with Jiho anymore," laughed Chahye.
"How come you never call him oppa? He's older than you," asked Dean.
"I don't know. I guess it's because the difference in our age isn't that much. I just got used to it. He never complained."
"I see. But you should call me oppa."
"No. I am not calling you that."
"Come on. It's cute."
"With you? Na-uh."
"Hey. I'm cute. People never really think I'm already 24."
"If you're cute, what does that make me?"
"Beautiful?"
"Whatever. You know, sometimes, your flirting skills ."
"That's because usually, I don't really have to try too much."

Dean smiled his usual playful smirk again and Chahye had to laugh. Hearing her laugh was Dean's own sense of achievement. He loved it. He loved seeing the ends of her eyes wrinkle. Maybe he could finally gain her trust. They stayed quiet as they passed through Hapjeong, only a few more distance until they reach her appartment.

"Hyuk, thanks," said Chahye.
"For what?" asked Dean.
"For taking me home," she smiled.
"It's nothing," answered Dean. "Thanks for calling me Hyuk."
"I'm never doing it again," giggled Chahye as she realized what she just did.
"By the way, ami, who was that guy that visited you yesterday?" adked Dean hesitantly. "The man in the suit."
"Oh. Him," said Chahye pondering if she should tell him. "That's no one. He just... He just visited."
Dean noticed her hesitancy and obvious cover-up. "Is there something I need to know, Chahye?" he asked. "You can trust me."
She looked at him and locked gazes for a while, not until he had to look back on the road and drive. Chahye just smiled and shook her head, leaning it against the back of her hand that rested on the car window. She looked outside and saw the familiar neighborhood she goes home to. "Ami, do you think you could go for another round of drinks?" she asked.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean... Want to go up to my apartment and drink some more?"
"Hmm... Not a bad idea. What do you have?"
"Nothing."
"Is there a convenience store near here?"
"Yup. Just up that street."

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

The next chapter is gonna be a bit.... I don't know.. but.. yeah. XD