56..

Of Truth and Love

Dean has had enough sleep and got up quickly, washing his face and getting ready. He drove straight to Chahye's place. It was a good 30 minutes before lunch and decided to stop by an Italian fast food chain. He ordered their mushroom soup and pasta. He knew Chahye loved pasta and ate western food. "I just hope she likes this," he thought happily, thinking of how he would be able to take care of her.

He parked his car and quickly got off. He literally dashed through the stairs to get to the third floor. He stood in front of her door panting, the plastic bag in his hand containing the food he bought. He looked through the hall first, making sure no one, specifically Honey J, was around. The last thing he wants to happen is for the rumor to reach AOMG and then have it spread to his manager.

Once the coast was clear, he knocked once. He knew Chahye would have been alone at home at this time so he knocked once more unless she was inside her room and didn't hear. The door finally opened at his third try.

"What is it?" asked Kyung as he opened the door with a wide smile.
"I'm here for Chahye?" said Dean.

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

"Dean," said Kyung as they stared at each other in wonder.
"Dean!" said Giriboy from inside the apartment waving his arms above his head.
"Uhm... Hi..." hesitated Dean as he realized Chahye's apartment was filled with men he barely talked to.
Lil Boi looked from behind Kyung and greeted him. "Hi Dean-ssi! Come in," he said pushing Kyung aside, allowing Dean to step inside and bow down to everyone.
"I feel offended," said Kyung as he closed the door behind them, his hand on his chest. "Here's the man that usually takes Zico's attention away from me and now he's inside Chahye's place, too."
"Haha.. I'm sorry, hyung," said Dean as he faced him.
"He's Chahye's boyfriend, Park Kyung. You can't do anything about it anymore," said Giriboy mockingly.

Dean looked around and saw the other guests inside the apartment. Louie, who was talking to BeWhy on the couch. CJamm was in front of the TV watching a replay of Doctors with PO. Giriboy told them Dean was there and they all just merely raised a hand to greet him. He looked back at the kitchen and saw UKwon and BBomb. He instantly bowed his head to them. Then he saw Taewoon.

"Hyung," he greeted as he bowed to him.
Taewoon didn't smile at his presence. He saw the plastic bag in his hands and asked what it was. Dean said it was food. "Oh. Good. We were just preparing lunch for everyone," he said pointing to the table where a lot of food was.

There was ginseng chicken and army stew. Dean glanced over a bowl of meat and kimchi, too. They certainly prepared for this. He put the bag on the table and took out its contents. UKwon helped him out to prepare

Just then, a woman stepped out of the bathroom and went straight to the table. "Oh. And this is?" she said as she saw Dean's presence.
"This is Kwon Hyuk, eomma," said Taewoon presenting Dean, the latter smiling and bowing to her. "She is Chahye's boyfriend, the guy we've been talking about," he added.
"Oh, really?" said his mom. "It's nice to meet you, Hyuk-ssi. Aren't you also friends with Jiho and Hyoseob?" she asked.
"I am, auntie," answered Dean with a smile.
"He's as old as me, Kyung and Jiho, auntie," said UKwon.
"Ah. I see. I see. Well, it's nice to know that you're here to see Chahye. But I guess a lot of her friends knew she was sick, too," she said looking at the boys at the living area.
"Haha... Siyoung said Buckwilds all came here earlier, eomma," said Taewoon.
"Oh really? Too bad we didn't see Byul-ssi," she smiled.
"Auntie knows everyone from Buckwilds, too," said UKwon when he saw how Dean look curious to why their mom knew about Zico's crew.
"They are fun boys, don't you think?" she smiled at Dean.
The boy nodded then looked at Taewoon. "I thought you wouldn't be able to be here today?" he asked.
"Yeah. But mom insisted," he answered. 

"Are we already eating, auntie?" asked CJamm as he stood up with PO.
"Oh. Yes. Please try and wake Chahye up," she smiled.
"Hey you!" CJamm shouted at Giriboy. "Wake her up!" he told him teasingly.
"Why me?! There's the boyfriend," said Giriboy pointing at Dean.
"You're hurting Siyoung," said Louie.
"I used to be in love with Chahye," said Giriboy pretending to be crying.
"Eh?" said Dean.
"Don't mind him, Dean," smiled Lil Boi.
"I used to have a crush on Chahye, too though," said BBomb.
"I don't really think Chahye would like it if Dean walked inside her room," said Lil Boi.
"She doesn't want anyone in her room," said Louie.
"I'll go wake her up then," said Taewoon.

Just then, a sleepy Chahye opened the door to her room and stood at the door for a long while, staring at the people in her living room. Her hair was disheveled and she was in her house clothes, black shorts and a big white shirt. She wasn't wearing a bra underneath her shirt. Everyone froze at the sight of her. She was blinking numerous times to get her focus.

"What the are you doing inside my house?!" she asked with eyebrows furrowed together; no smile on her face. "And what the are you doing, standing on the couch, CJamm?!" she shouted.
CJamm instantly jumped off the sofa and smiled at Chahye. "Trying to wake you up," he smirked. "I guess it worked."
" you," cussed Chahye at him emotionless. "Of all the people to visit me today," she said rolling her eyes at him.
"Good morning, Chahye," greeted Lil Boi.
"Oh. Seungtaek oppa," smiled Chahye wearily. "Sorry. I just woke up. I look like ," she said covering her face then walking to the sofa to sit beside Louie and hugging him.
"Did we wake you up?" asked Louie as he her hair.
"I heard laughing and I knew it was CJamm on the other side of my door," said Chahye.
"I'm always happy to bother your beauty sleep," grinned CJamm.
"Hi Kyung!" greeted Chahye when she saw him walk into the living room.
"Are you feeling any better, Chahye?" he asked crossing his arms.
"Of course she is. She's been cursing at CJamm. She's all better," laughed PO.
"Haha! I probably am," smiled Chahye. "But I still feel so sleepy," she said leaning her head back on Louie's shoulder.
"You won't feel sleepy anymore when you learn who visited you," said Giriboy.
"Who?" she asked.

Taewoon and his mom walked in and Chahye immediately stood up to greet them. UKwon and BBomb stepped inside, too and hugged her. Lastly was Dean, flashing a smile at her. Chahye's mouth fell open and quickly turned around to look at her friends.

"Why didn't you guys tell me he was here?! I'm not wearing a bra!" she shouted, mockingly hitting Kyung on his arms.
"You're the one who bravely walked out of your room like that, not us," laughed Kyung.
"Aish! You know I don't wear a bra at home!" groaned Chahye as she dashed to her room. "I'll be back," said Chahye closing her door, winking at Dean.
"Forgive my cousin. She always does that," smiled Taewoon.
"She's much more comfortable with house clothes," said his mom.
"Hurry up, Chahye! We're having lunch," shouted BBomb from the door.
"I will!" she shouted back.

~

Chahye asked Dean if she could sit next to BeWhy as they ate lunch. Everyone else was eating in front of the television with her aunt. Dean settled on eating on the kitchen table since he wasn't really that close with anyone in the group, except maybe for the Block B members. Taewoon saw how he ate alone and he sat right across him.

"Sorry about my cousin," said Taewoon.
Dean looked at him as he put a slice of chicken meat in his mouth. "That's... That's fine hyung," he said after swallowing his food.
"She really enjoys having her friends with her. I know you notice that," said Taewoon.
"Yes. I know. It's the same way she approaches my crew, especially when they all started to become close," smiled Dean.
"Has she talked about her friends to you?" asked Taewoon.
"Uhm... Not much. I mean... I know she's close with Buckwilds, then her classmates from highschool. Then there's Hyukoh band," answered Dean.
"You should ask her these stuff," said Taewoon raising an eyebrow at him.
"I wanted to... But we haven't really been together for a while to actually just spend time and talk." admitted Dean.
"I see... to be a famous singer with a secret girlfriend huh?" smirked Taewoon.
Dean smiled and then shook his head. "Yeah. It is," he said.
"Well, then. Let me tell you something about those people in the living room so you just don't feel too awkward with them," said Taewoon leaning over the table, a bit closer to Dean, who did the same thing. Taewoon pointed to the living room and started pointing at everyone. "So there's my mom. She's cool. You already know that anyway," Dean nodded. "Then there's Giriboy. Hong Siyoung. This is the truth and he's pretty proud about it. He has a crush on Chahye and she knows that. Him and Takeone once competed to see who she'll go out on a date. She never said yes to either one. Giriboy has been in numerous some relationships but he still adores Chahye. He even once created a gallery on his phone with all of her photos in it and shared it with Buckwilds. Hanhae almost charged him of ."
"?" asked Dean with wide eyes.
"Well, because Chahye is like everyone else's younger sister in that crew." Dean just nodded. "Then there's the guys from Block B. Jihoon, you already know this. They were from the same highschool. They're close. But from the three best friends, Jihoon, Mino and Hyeontae... You know, Incredivle, Chahye is more close with Hyeontae."
"Yes. She mentioned that to me."
"Chahye is also friends with Hyeontae's other friends from underground. Wikiyoung, he's a rapper. And then, Gaka... He's a producer. You might have met him already. he's currently working with Hi Lite."
"I... I don't remember..."
"Well, ask Chahye to make you two meet. He's a cool kid. And the reason they're close is because Gaka speaks English, too."
"Ah. I see."
"Then there's UKwon and BBomb. She's known them ever since me and Jiho started training for Block B. They helped Chahye with her dancing. And did you know? Chahye helped UKwon in courting his girlfriend back then. I don't know how but he has always thanked her."
"Oh... I didn't know that."
"Now you do. And then there's Kyung."
"Are they close?"
"Oh yes. Jiho, Chahye, me, Kyung and Hyoseob... We all used to sleep together in one room, all beside each other."
"Really?"
"Yes. Chahye doesn't mind. As long as one of us brothers sleep right next to her. She's... She's sensitive towards other people."
"I was told."
"Since Kyung is Jiho's bestfriend, it was natural that Chahye liked him. Other than the moments that they piss each other off, they always love talking to each other. Kyung is pretty smart so he usually understands whatever Chahye is thinking of."
"What about GEEKS hyungs?"
"Oh. They're special to her. Geeks... How do I say this? When Jiho first introduced his crew to Chahye, to us, it was just Do'mains at first. So that's Giriboy, Andup, Uglyduck hyung, Lil Boi, Takeone, Gganmo. After a while, they all joined BUCKWILDS. Chahye has always had an eye for Lil Boi because you have to admit, he was one of the best MCs underground. Chahye was actually the reason why Lil Boi teamed up with Louie. She loved their voices. They're the only ones she treats like real brothers from their crew. While Louie hyung is a playful oppa to her, always treating her out, making her try new and fun things, Lil Boi is her strict oppa. He's always the one that makes her stop doing stupid things, nagging her when she does something... And she actually listens to her. See how Lil Boi made her sit properly?" pointed Taewoon at Chahye who now sat with her legs together after the older slapped her knee.
"Right."
"You better ask some advice from Lil Boi on how to handle girls and a girlfriend. I have very little experience in that field."
"I wwil, hyung."
"Then there's CJamm and BeWhy."
"BeWhy seems to be fond of her."
"They are. They all went to the same school. BeWhy was actually one of the best students in their highschool back then. But Chahye was just a lot better. They naturally became friends since they went to the same review classes and exams. BeWhy was secretly into hiphop just like Chahye. Then they learned someone from the lower sections were rapping underground and joining rap battles. They discovered CJamm. It's amazing how a devoted Christian like BeWhy became bestfriends with a wreckless CJamm."
"I was also wondering the same thing."
"And again, it's because of Chahye. Well, slightly. When they started being friends, Chahye and CJamm never ever started or ended a day without pissing the other off too much. And since they all had the same friends, they would meet every day. Even until now, CJamm will do his best to piss her off. But under that exterior, I believe that in this group of people, CJamm is the one who cares a lot about Chahye."
"How come?"
"Because... Because CJamm saw how she crumbled to her lowest one day. I mean... Something happened to Chahye and he was the only one who saw it. Ever since, he's been a lot nicer to her. I don't know if he told anyone else about it other than me and Jiho, but he was really worried about her. He just never said it."

Dean continued eating with Taewoon sharing stories when Giriboy walked back to the table and got more kimchi and meat. Taewoon walked over to the couch with him. Dean stayed there and hesitated to join them. Chahye noticed how they left Dean at the table and stood up. "You guys are horrible. Why don't you invite Dean here?" she asked as she walked to the table.

Chahye was still in the same clothes she wore earlier, only with a bra underneath. "You all right?" she asked as she sat right beside Dean on the table, taking a full scoop of the army stew.
"Yeah. I'm good," answered Dean.
"I'm sorry about the guys. They can be selfish sometimes. But I guess you already realized that," she smiled.
"Yeah. But it's fine. They seem to really love you so I'm good," smiled Dean as he looked at her sip through her spoon.
"I'm blessed to have these crazy people in my life, ami," smiled Chahye.

She was smiling but Dean still saw the exhaustion in her eyes. Her voice sound cracked and her shoulders dropped too low.

"Are you all right?" asked Dean.
"No," smiled Chahye, then laughed. "I'm actually having a very bad headache right now. But I have to eat first before I take some medicine. Then later, I'll go back to sleep."
"Why didn't you tell me you were sick?"
"I'm sorry, Dean. I had a heavy head at the university and I took a pill.It made me last until the dance practice but I was already running on a fever. I went home straight because I couldn't handle it anymore. I wanted to call you but I was just to tired to do anything more."
"Daejung told me."
"I know. He told me. I'm sorry."
"Didn't I tell you? No more secrets?"
"I... I know. I'm sorry."

She was looking at him with pleading eyes. "Does she think I'm mad?" thought Dean. He reached for her face and rubbed her cheeks. 

"Are you mad at me?" she asked.
"No. I'm not mad. I was just really worried about you," he said with a faint smile.
"Well, I'm better now. I guess. Thank you for worrying," she said taking his hand off of her. "But you shouldn't touch me. What if you get sick, too?"
"That's fine with me. At least I'm gonna have time with you," smirked Dean.
"Aish. You can't get sick. You have shows to do," she said going back to her stew.
"I missed you, Chahye," said Dean finally.
Chahye stopped and faced her boyfriend. She suddenly pouted at him. "I really want to kiss you right now. But I can't," she said.
Dean then her hair and patted her head. "Next time, babe. When you're all better," he said with a smirk.
"Aish. Don't call me babe," she said going back to her stew. 

Dean put his elbow on the table and leaned his head on his hand. "Ami..." he hummed making her look at him. "I'm happy I'm meeting your friends. It makes me feel like you really want me in your life," he said.
Chahye tilted her head and smiled. "I only have a few, ami. Please feel free to love them the same way I do," she said.

"Yah! Dean hyung! They're showing your music video on the English channel!" called Bewhy from the living room.
"Really?!" said Dean as he stood up and walked over to the living room. 
"That's Bonnie&Clyde, right?" said Bbomb pointing at the TV.
"Yes. What channel is that?" said Dean standing next to Louie, taking his phone out to record the moment on video.

Chahye was feeling the throbbing of her head and it hurt. But seeing Dean right in the middle of her friends brought a sudden happiness in her heart. It was no use trying to keep Dean away from her life, from her family, friends and most importantly, her past. Sooner or later, he would need to know. It scares her but she thought she was ready.