57..

Of Truth and Love

It was Tuesday morning and Chahye woke up because of her phone ringing. It was only 4am. She just got back from a fever and she was being stressed out by this person calling. She grumpily picked up and her phone, talking in low volume, careful not to wake Daejung up.

"What the do you need at this hour?!" she groaned not even bothering to look at who the caller was.
"Hahaha! Jin CHahye. It's me, Dean. Good morning," the man said happily.
"Urgh!" she groaned again as she flopped herself back to bed. Even though they were already together, there were always times that she gets too annoyed because of him. And this was certainly one of those days.
"Chahye... Chahye... " he kept on saying.
"What do you need at this hour, Kwon Hyuk?!" she groaned as she pulled the sheets back up to her waist, the phone lying on her pillow next to her ear.
"Get up already. It's an amazing morning," he said.
"Please, Dean. I'm still sleepy and Daejung doesn't need to get up until 6am. Leave us alone," she said wearily.
"Get up already. I'm downstairs waiting for you," he said.
"WHAT?!" she said almost screaming. She put a hand over and got up. She looked at Daejung who was sleeping on the bed next to hers. He was still asleep. Not even a flinch when she screamed. "What the are you doing at our place?! At this hour?!" she groaned as she got up and took her bra hanging from behind the closet.
"I'm here to pick you up," he said happily.
"Why?!" she said as she struggled with putting her bra on and the phone between her ears and shoulders.
"No more questions, Jin Chahye. Just come down here," he said. "And make sure you wear sneakers."

And just like that, Dean dropped the call.

He just came straight from the studio and decided to drop by Chahye's place. He thought of asking her out before the sun officially shines on the horizon. She just came back from the fever and a little exercise and sun wouldn't hurt, right? Well... If there was even any sun out at that time.

After a few minutes, Chahye came down from her apartment wrapped in a big black jacket. She obviously wasn't that excited about the thought of being out of bed at this time as Dean was though.

"I'm giving you 30 seconds to explain why you let me out of bed at this hour," said Chahye sternly. "1... 2..."
"Come on, Chahye... It's just a walk..." said Dean.
"7... 8... " continued Chahye as she raised her eyebrow at him.
"Are you really serious about that counting?!" said Dean laughing at her. 
"11... 12... 13..." 
"Okay. Okay. I just wanted to take you out for a walk. Maybe beside Han River? There aren't a lot of people out there yet," said Dean.
"22..." ended Chahye.
"Please?" he said stepping closer to her.
"I want to stay near Han River," smiled Chahye instantly. "Let's go," she said taking his arm and pulling him towards his car that was waiting for them.

~

They arrived Han River and Chahye dashed out of the car and ran towards the river bed. She just stood there, arms around herself and eyes closed. Dean watched her as he slowly walked closer.

This was the same place she went to when she was mad at Daejung. Crush said this was her place of reverie, the only place she was able to stop, think and relax. He watched her with a smile and loving eyes.

Dean has had his fair share of love before, but all of them short-lived. The type of love that was crazy in the beginning but slowly died into nothing but emptiness and loneliness and another search for love. None of them has hit him with a great impact compared to how Chahye makes him shower himself with happiness. Just the sight of her with a grin is enough to make him smile. He wouldn't replace this feeling with anything, not even his fame.

Chahye stood there in the cool breeze, breathing the fresh smell of the river and the coming dew. There weren't any boats on the river yet and the sound of cars were minimal as they passed along the bridge. Dean stood right beside her closing his eyes as well, his hands in his pockets. If only he asked Millic or Crush to come with them, he would have made them take a picture of them standing side by side.

"Do you feel it as well?" he heard Chahye say. He opened his eyes and looked at her. Her eyes were still closed and she leaned and her face up to the sky. "Do you feel that serenity?" she asked again.

Dean looked back up to the sky and closed his eyes again. "I do," he said feeling the same peace his lover was experiencing.

Chahye opened her eyes and saw him relaxing as he stood there. She smiled realizing that this might as well be one of his most peaceful moments in a long while after being too busy with work. She looked down and saw his hands inside his own jacket. She took her left hand out and reached for his right arm. Dean opened his eyes and by reflex took his hand out. Chahye took his hand into hers and curled their fingers together. She was smiling as she felt his warmth, Dean doing the same thing. They both looked up the sky and closed their eyes together.

"Wouldn't it be nice if everything was this peaceful?" asked Chahye as she leaned her head on his shoulder.
"If only..." hummed Dean as he held her hand tighter, leaning his head into hers.
"Thank you for taking me here, by the way," she said.
"You're welcome," said Dean. "I didn't know it would be this lovely at Han river at this time."
"Now, you know why I love it here," smiled Chahye.
"I might have to marry you at this same spot in the future," smiled Dean as he imagined him walking down the grass.
"I actually dreamed of that back then. Maybe... Who knows," she said.
"Did you come straight from the studio?" asked Chahye.
"Yes. I had this idea in my head and I had to work on it," he answered.
"Want to take a walk, ami?" asked Chahye.
"As long as I'm with you," smiled Dean.

Chahye grinned then stepped away from her lover, their hands still holding each other. They walked up from the river bed to the road. Chahye led Dean to the open area where skaters usually go to. She let him go and she started skipping her way.

She always loved it here especially during this time. Ever since her cousins and Hyoseob started being artists, there were really less time for them to hang out. And usually, they were free at the wee hours of the day when they were done producing their tracks. And since no one was awake at that time, they had the Han river all to themselves, plus some of the joggers. That's when she started to love this place. Memories of her with them were always her peace.

Dean was just watching her as she happily skipped to the middle of the open field. He knew there was a smile planted on his face and he couldn't stop. "You know why I like it here, ami?" he heard her say as she stopped and turned around to look at him, her hair covering half of her face.

He now stood in front of her and pushed her hair away from her face. She hasn't had a shower yet but he could still smell the lingering berry aroma from her hair. "Why do you like it here?" he asked.

"Because whenever Hyoseob would take me here back then, it was always also at this hour where it's quiet and peaceful," she said pulling herself away from him. Dean just watched her open her arms up to the sky and smile. "If only life was as peaceful as this moment... No one would be crying," she said softly.
"We should come here more often then," said Dean.
"You know... I was thinking and wanted to tell you this," said Chahye looking back at him. "It doesn't matter if we see each other all the time. It's going to be really hard from now on anyway. But whenever we're both free, we should use that time to make the most out of it," she said.
"I agree," he answered.

Chahye walked back to him and reached for his cheeks with her hand. She stared into his eyes as she traced his jaw down to his chin. "I am happy and at peace just to know that I have you," she said in the softest voice Dean has ever heard from her. "I love you," she added.

She raised herself on her toes and kissed his lips, both of them closing their eyes. Soft. Long. Sweet.

Chahye pulled back quick and smiled at Dean before turning around and walking away, her arms held behind her. Dean just smiled and followed her with a sprint. He reached her and quickly put his arm above her shoulder. They walked back to the car all the while smiling quietly.

There were things that were bothering Dean about her. But knowing that Chahye was happy with him lifted his spirits up. They might not be able to see each other often but he knew he can trust her and in return, she could trust him as well. There might be secrets but he felt them slowly coming into the light. He knew she was preparing herself for that and he, too, was preparing himself. No matter what it was, he had to keep an open-mind. Even before Chahye said she loved him, he already decided on accepting her. And that meant everything about her, her past, her now and her future. For once, he wanted someone to finally stay in his life, he wanted someone he could devote his life to, he wanted someone that saw him as Kwon Hyuk and not the money-making boyfriend that he could be. And he was sure, it was Chahye.

They drove to a nearby Mcdonald's and bought burgers for breakfast. Not your usual food in the morning but since they stayed out too long, Chahye didn't have enough time left until Daejung leaves for school.

Chahye borrowed Dean's phone while they drove back to her apartment. Dean warned her not to read his messages. "Are you hiding something from me?!" she asked. Dean only said there were "confidential" messages from his manager that he didn't want her to see yet. Chahye listened and settled on using his mobile internet connection.

"Will I see you later at the studio?" asked Dean as they parked in the usual space Dean gets.
Chahye gave his phone back and unbuckled her seatbelt. "Maybe. It depends if you come down," she smiled.
"I will then," smiled Dean.
They both got off the car and Chahye stepped away with the food in the plastic bag in her hands. "I'll see you then," smiled Chahye.
"Who's going to pick you up to the company you work at?" asked Dean.
"Hanhae oppa. He promised me he'll pick me up," she answered.
"I see. Call me if you need anything okay?" he said walking over to her then kissing her forehead.
"Dean..." she said as she looked up at him. "I put something on your phone. Please look at it before you sleep today," she said.
"What is it?" asked Dean remembering that he left his phone on the car dashboard.
"It's just... Something. Bye!" she said waving her hands at him then running up to their flat.

~

Dean came back to his apartment and got ready to sleep. It was just 6 in the morning. He could still sleep then wake up at 1pm for another round in the studio.

Just as he was rumaging through his closet for a shirt to wear, his phone rang once. It was just a message. He took out a white shirt and put it on then sat on his bed to look t his phone.

From: Jin Chahye😍
When I close my eyes, you are right by my side. 💜

Good night, ami. Good morning. I don't know. Hahaha! Love you to the moon, to the stars and everywhere else. Hanhae oppa is already here. See you later!

Dean was smiling to himself as he read her message another time. They've been exchanging sweet messages ever since they became official but she was never the sweetest between them. It was usually him telling her he loves her through eternity and all those .

He exited the messages folder and saw a note on screen's wall. He was thinking of what Chahye said earlier about putting something on his phone. He tapped on the note and it read:

"I know you listen to songs when you're stressed and all. So I downloaded a song for you. I don't know if you already heard this before but I personally love it. Please listen to it. When you're done, open the third note under this one. :)"

He did as he was told. He opened his music folder and there was the track on top of all his files. It was saved as "01. You" but when he tapped on it, it showed a cover artwork of white background, prange images and a letter "D" in the center. He knew he's already seen this before. Then it played.

"The moment sunshine raises the temperature
The moment smiles turn into happiness
I remember them

You can’t try to stop time
Don’t be sorry it moves on
Yeah, we gotta go a long way Our feet light in air

All these beautiful pieces
I know them, so I smile
The world prepared this
Perfect moment and I’m breathing in it

When I close my eyes, you are by my side
When I close my eyes

The moment sea water rises to fall as rain
The moment you come up in my head and I run to you
I’m watching

I wanted life to be like a movie
A young boy dreaming of a noir, comedy, even romance
I feel the myths unfold in front of me I have the goddess by my side

All these beautiful pieces
I know them, so I smile
The world prepared this
Perfect moment and I’m breathing in it

My uncle used to say all the time
Be a man or whatever, yeah I love that word
My job is my mom’s purpose in life
Times I had everyone worry about me (When it’s sunny day)
So god bless you and me (When it’s rainy day)
Nothing’s for granted, but it’s all for me (It is only made for you)
And it goes the same for you, you gotta feel me bruh

When it’s sunny day When it’s rainy day
It is only made for you
This is your moment

How can a life cannot be wonderful
How can a love cannot be wonderful
Nothing is a coincidence
That I met you, that I love you

All these beautiful pieces
I know them, so I smile
The world prepared this
Perfect moment and I’m breathing in it

When I close my eyes, you are by my side
When I close my eyes"

(Check out the music video to it and listen well. This is Kim Dongwan's PIECE featuring CJamm https://youtu.be/ozMKjkZMFLg)

Before the song ended, Dean already opened the third note.

"Isn't it a wonderful song? I personally love it. CJamm was nice enough to hint me about this song last year before its release. I wanted to tell you this but I feel as though I would only cry if I do. I have had enough tears my whole life, Dean. Just like the song, I feel as though meeting you was no coincidence, that this was all planned for me, and for you. You are one of the pieces that were missing in my life and I'm happy I have you. My love for you stretches everywhere, to the point that even when I close my eyes, you're all I see. Through all my nightmares, you are my light. Whatever happens, you will always be part of me, you and everyone else that has been with me through it all. Thank you, Dean. I love you."

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

Since Dean said his stress reliever is listening to music, I thought of sharing some songs I adore as well to you guys, hence I shared Kim Dongwan's Piece. It's not really a full our love song but I guess, it perfains to everyone who holds a special part of your heart. Family, friends, loved ones. Please love the song as well because it's beautiful. I often cry everytime I listen to this actually.