76..

Of Truth and Love

It was a hot afternoon. Not so hot but spring is almost over and the humidity is starting to kick in. 

Zico was on his phone, waiting for Fana to answer his phone. He didn't know who he should exactly ask for help but he knew Fana had more wisdom than anyone else in his crew. He would know what to do without feeling too nervous and hysterical.

"Yo. Fana."
"Hyung. Thank goodness. Are you free tonight?"
"Tonight? I don't know. Let me check."
"Hyung. I need your answer now."
"Okay. I'm checking. What's with the hurry anyway?"
"Something happened, hyung."
"Where?"
"It's... It's complicated."
"Unless this is with Seven Seasons or your family, what else gives you the scare?"
"Chahye."

There was silence over the line. Zico heard some shuffling at Fana's side, sounding like a chair or table moved. Zico waited for his reply and walked back and forth in his studio.

Suddenly, his studio door opened. It was Crush. "I came as soon as you texted. What happened? Is that Mr. Lee?" he asked restlessly.

"No. This is Fana hyung," Zico said.
"Did you tell him already? JTong hyung? Who else knows?" asked Crush as he stepped closer.
"He's the first one I told about in Buckwilds," answered Zico. 
"Jiho?" Fana said from the other line. 
"Hyung, I'm here," said Zico, Crush close by.

"I think I already know what you're talking about. Does Chahye already know about it?"
"No, hyung. We haven't told her. We met up with her lawyer and Doctor Park, her psychiatrist. She advised to keep it from her for a while unless we're sure she's safe."
"Good. It might trigger her fear again."
"Or her memory."
"That's right."
"So... Can we meet tonight?"
"I still don't know, Jiho. I'm trying to send Dolphin a text message about the plans. I haven't kept track of The Ugly Junction activities. I'll have to get back to you."
"Okay. Okay."
"Try and tell JTong if he can ask for a meeting or something. Or tell Ddolbae."
"Right. I'll ask Ddolbae hyung."
"Are there police around Chahye?"
"They said surveillance starts tomorrow."
"Okay. Okay. I'll go now then. Expect my call later."
"Okay. See you tonight, hyung. Bye."

"Hey. Who was that? I thought we were meeting tonight?" asked someone from the door.

Zico and Crush looked at the studio door and saw Dean leaning against it. He shockingly let his phone go and crashed on the floor, his jaw open. Crush looking quite the same. 

"What? You two looked like you saw a ghost. I told you I'll drop by," said Dean walking towards them.
Zico scrambled to pick his phone up and stuttered to answer. "I... Wh-why were... Why didn't you knock?" he asked.
"The door was open," answered Dean pointing to it. "What's up? Is there a problem?" he asked.
"No-nothing," smiled Crush.
"Are you two hiding something from me?" asked Dean.
"Huh?! Us?!" said Crush.
"Us? Hiding...something? Come on. What would we keep from you? Ha-ha-ha," said Zico with a fake smile.
"Then what did you say over the phone?" asked the youngest among them. "Why are you meeting tonight? I thought you guys wanted to eat out before I fly to America?" 
"Oh. Ha? That? Ha-ha... That... That was... JTong... That was JTong hyung," smiled Zico. 
"It's a crew meeting, I think. Right, Jiho?" said Crush.
"Uh... Yeah. You know... It's a Buckwilds thing," smiled Zico as he stumbled to get to the sofa.
"You okay?" asked Dean.
"Yeah. I am. Sorry about that," said Zico finally having a chance to sit down and breathe.
"I thought you said you were thinking of leaving Buckwilds," said Dean taking a seat beside him.
"Well... Yeah. Do'mains were thinking about it. But you know. The brotherhood doesn't really end even if leave," smiled Zico.
"So... You won't be with us tonight?" asked Dean.
"I... I don't know. I can follow after the meeting," Zico answered.
"What's gonna be your agenda anyway?" asked Dean again.
"It's none of your business," answered Zico starting to get a bit annoyed.
"Okay. Sorry. Just asking," said Dean raising his hands in defeat.
"Why are you here anyway, Hyuk?" asked Crush.
"Just wanted to ask if you guys already know about Chahye being an intern at Joombas," said Dean.
"Oh. Yeah. We heard," said Crush.
"So you already know she met her father already?" asked Dean.
"Yes," smiled Zico.
"Kwon Hyuk, we told you. She tells us everything," smiled Crush.
"And... Her father visited us the other day, too," said Zico.
"Then cool. I just really had to ask because I wanted to ask you guys a favor," said Dean.
"What is it?" asked Zico hesitantly while looking at Crush.
"She's going to be working with the promotions team and that kinda means that she's gonna be working with Hyuk Shin. And you know me. I don't trust him. Not a bit," said Dean.

~ ~ ~

"I don't think we're making any progress," said Inwoo as he slumped on the sofa. 
"Yeah. I don't feel anything either," said Donggun.

Hyuk rested his chin on the edge of the table and huffed. Hyunjae continued to strum on his guitar and watched his mates feel hopeless. They were trying to finish a song but whatever beat they put didn't sound right. Neither did the melody Hyuk originally recorded at his home sounded inspirational at all. 

"I give up," said Hyuk.
"Maybe we should work on some melodies on our own in the meantime," said Inwoo.
"Maybe we should just go home for now," suggested Donggun.
"I want to eat," sighed Hyuk.
"I want ramyun right now," said Inwoo.

Suddenly, a knock came on the door of their studio. It was Dasom.

"Hey. Me and Ryu are leaving. I have a DIPCOIN meeting tonight," said Dasom.
"See you then," huffed Hyuk.
"Why do you all look so grim?" laughed Dasom.
"We're never going to finish this album," complained Inwoo.
"Haha. Well, cheer up guys. You have a visitor," she said. "I'll leave her and you guys," finished Dasom before waving goodbye at them.
"Wait! Who's the visitor?" asked Donggun but Dasom already left, the door to the studio closing. "Yah. Hyuk. Go see who it is," he instructed.
"Why me?!" complained Hyuk.
"Maknae..." said the hyungs in unison.
"Aish," said Hyuk standing up. "I'm supposed to be the leader here but they all still treat me like a kid," he said under his breath as he walked to the door.

But just as he reached for the knob, the door suddenly opened causing him to step back. A beautiful woman stood on the other side, wearing a large hoodie. Jin Chahye. She smiled faintly as their eyes met, time pausing for both of them, or maybe only for Hyuk.

"Hyukkie," she said. "Hi."

As though a sweet tune started playing in the background, Hyuk took a moment to recognize its melody as it played back in his mind.

Chahye snapped her fingers in his face as she tried to make him focus. "Oh Hyuk..." she hummed. She didn't fail as the man started blinking. "You always stare at me and then space out," she said as he reached for his arm.
"Sorry about that," he said finally smiling.
"Did I give you a song again?" smiled Chahye as she remembered how he usually writes songs while they were together before.
"Maybe," he answered with a smile before giving her a hug. "I'll have to think about it again," he said in her ear.

Chahye smiled in his embrace and felt comfort in his presence, an attribute only Hyuk has. The other boys saw her and immediately stood up to greet her, giving her a hug as well.

"Wasn't it a while since you last joined us inside a studio?" said Inwoo.
"Yeah. It is. How are you guys?" asked Chahye.
"Miserable," smiled Donggun.
"Why? Can't finish a song?" asked Chahye as she walked to the sofa, Hyuk following her.
"You bet," said Inwoo.
"We've been here for hours," said Hyunjae.
"Hmmm... Yeah. It kinda looks like that. Inwoo already looks like he hasn't had a bath for days," smirked Chahye.
" you!!!" said Inwoo.
"Why are you here, by the way?" asked Hyuk as he sat on the sofa and held her hand.
"Just wanted to check up on you guys. Daejung said you haven't been at the pub for two days already," said Chahye plopping herself beside Hyuk.
"Did you drop by the pub?" asked Hyunjae.
"Nah. Just called Daejung. Why? Want me to drop by?" she asked.
"No. I just wanted to ask if you've seen my dad there. He's been weak lately but still wants to go to the pub. Mom tells him to leave it," said Hyunjae.
"Ah. I see. I'll ask Daejung. And I'll try to drop by some time and check up on Uncle," smiled Chahye.
Hyunjae smiled hesitantly. "Thanks," he said.
"So... How's meeting your dad?" asked Inwoo.
"What?! Did Daejung tell you?" she asked.
"Of course, he did," answered Hyuk.
"Aish. You keep nosing around about my life," said Chahye pouting.
"That's how I love you," smiled Hyuk, teasing her.
"Well... It was kinda... Weird?" Chahye started to tell. "I didn't expect him to be that old. But I like him, sort of. He has beautiful eyes, too. Deep, but loving. And... I never expected I would love to be held by him. I swear it feels different."
"He hugged you?" asked Donggun.
"Uhm... Yeah. Once. But I was really talking about how he puts his hand on my shoulder, or my head," she said.
"Aaawww... Now you know what it feels like to have a dad," smiled Hyunjae.
"I wanna see your dad," pouted Inwoo.
"One day, maybe. I don't know," she said.
"Do you still talk?" asked Donggun.
"Yeah. Actually, he made me an intern at his company," she said.
"Eh?!" rected the four boys.

Chahye ended up telling Hyukoh the story of when she went to her father's house, how she met her other brother, how he owns Joombas, and how she got the position.

"Wow. Then that means you're rich, Jin Chahye," said Hyunjae.
"I'm not rich. My father is," she answered.
"Either way, when he dies or something, you're gonna get a big chunk of his money," said Donggun.
"Don't forget me when you're already filthy rich, Chahye. A new pair of Vans sneakers is all I ask," smiled Inwoo.
"Aish. Don't talk like that," said Chahye.
"Why don't we celebrate your new job and new life, Jin Chahye?" suggested Hyuk.
"Actually, that's one more reason I wanted to see you guys," started Chahye. "Do you guys wanna eat out with me and some other friends?"

~ ~ ~

Chahye brought Hyukoh to a restaurant where Club Eskimo and y Street were already waiting for them. And despite her sincere wish to let her friends become closer with each other, the air of awkwardness lingered especially between the two Hyuk's.

"I totally love how Oh Hyuk is sitting across Kwon Hyuk. It looks like a staring battle," smiled CJamm, Keebo laughing right next to him.
"Shut up, CJamm," said Chahye.
"What?! It's fun," laughed CJamm.
"Wait until Crush arrives," said Inwoo doing a high-five with BeWhy.
"Let the battle begin!" cheered LB. 
"Hey. Stop that. Crush's new girl is here," said Colde.
"Oh right. Miso-ssi," said CJamm. "I'm sorry."
"That's noona for you," said Miso sternly.

Crush and Zico arrived a bit later, after the first serving of samgyeopsal was laid on the grill. They were with Staytuned, Penomeco, Andup, P.O, Kyung and Incredivle.

"Wow. This looks like a reunion of Hanlim kids," said Crush as he bumped shoulders with the others.
"You didn't tell me you'll be here, Peno," said Chahye.
"Wouldn't want to miss the chance to see and greet you, Chahye," said Penomeco doing a fist bump with her.
"Since Jihoon is here, he's gonna be paying," teased CJamm.
"Eh?! Why me?!" asked P.O.
"You're the rich kid," said Eumko, which everyone cheered for.
"We should be asking Chahye to treat us," said Millic.
"Yeah. For a new internship job!" cheered 2xxx! holding his soju glass up.
"This was actually Dean's idea to meet up since he'll be traveling to America tomorrow," said Chahye holding his arm.
"Yes. I just wanted to spend time with you all, especially with my girlfriend who has a new and better job," smiled Dean kissing her temple.
"Aish. Not too much skinship please," said Zico.
"For Dean and Jin Chahye!" said Camper who raised his soju glass up, eveyone following and doing the same.

Dean really just wanted to spend time with Chahye before he leaves. And because he's going to be away, he felt that it was a good idea to meet up with her friends, also to see who he could trust to look after her while he was away. Although he has complete trust with Chahye, he feels as though something's bothering him and can't let him be at peace. This little gathering made him breathe freely though. He knows. Even if he wasn't her boyfriend, she'll still have loads of guy friends to back her up.

"Nothing will go wrong," Dean thought to himself.

= = = =

Sorry for the long update. I'm really trying my best to finish soon. Just went through a lot recently. But I'm holding up. Thanks for everyone still hanging on! 

Anyway... Who here knows the band, WETTER?! I'm thinking of a new fanfic with them. But it's just a plan. I don't have a concrete plot. So I may not be able to finish it.