52..

Of Truth and Love

After days, Chahye has finally saw a company she could do internship at. She just had to find the right time to slip from her extra classes, internship, rehearsals, house chores and having time with Dean. She never knew it would be this hard. Since Dean has barely any time to spare freely with her, they usually end up hanging out with his crew. She enjoyed it, yes. But certainly nothing beats alone time with your boyfriend.

Yes. Dean was finally her boyfriend and she couldn't ask for anything more. Having him was a joy she couldn't understand and yet was something she enjoyed too much to even care.

"Hey Chahye, aren't you going yet?" asked Eunji.
"No. I'll stay for a little more while," smiled Chahye.
"Isn't your brother waiting for you though?" asked Junyoung as he put his backpack on.
"Nah. He's with friends now," she answered.
"Okay. See you tomorrow!" waved Eunji as they all went out.

The real reason she wanted to stay was because Dean asked him for help. He was going to perform his new songs for the first time ever at the Hiphopplaya Festival that Saturday and he thought of a way to perform on stage so everyone would keep their eyes on him. Dean slipped down to the studio with Jusen, making it look like he was there for official business. At one point, yes. He was there for official business. On the other hand, he was just there for her.

"Should I leave you two?" asked Jusen.
"Nah. Just stay there," smiled Chahye.
"Yes. See me dance," said Dean with a wide smile as he went to the speakers and put a CD inside.
"Jeffrey's not around guys so it's fine with me if I go," said Jusen.
"Nonsense. I want you to laugh at him when he finally does his crazy dancing," said Chahye grabbing Jusen's arm and pulling him close to the mirrors.
"Hey. This isn't funny. This is called a performance," said Dean matter-of-factly.
"I wonder how you managed to feel so confident dancing when you actually at it," said Jusen.
"Come on. I have a dancer as a girlfriend. The least I could do is learn it," said Dean taking one of the microphones from under the speakers.
"I swear, Jusen... You'll laugh at him," said Chahye covering as she laughed.
"Jin Chahye," called Dean. "Could you at least be a little supportive here?" he said as he hit play and Bonnie&Clyde played.

(you may want to watch this video XD  https://youtu.be/mSmt9BLHBn8)

Jusen and Chahye watched as he pretended he was in front of a crowd and performed just like that. Jusen kept his phone up and recorded his friend dancing. Chahye did her best not to laugh as he did those flying steps in the chorus. He looked weird but he was definitely too serious. During the bridge part where he sang "Alright Even if this is the wrong choice, Alright Even if i regret it after, Baby Ooh you’re going back to the guy who made you cry, Ooh the result is already out of my hands, Bang Bang!", he suddenly fell down as though he was really shot by a gun. It made both Jusen and Chahye laugh too hard. He did a half twirl at the end and that left Jusen laughing too hard.

"I can't with you, Hyuk," he said in between laughs. "You're taking this performance too seriously."
"I told you! HAHAHAHA!" laughed Chahye as she held onto Jusen's arm for support.
Dean was also laughing embarrassingly and hit his friend's arm mockingly. "Stop it," he said.
"Your fans will definitely love this though," said Jusen finally relaxing himself. "Please excuse me though," he said stepping away from the two. "I have a video to show 2xxx! and Millic," he said then dashing to the door.

Dean and Chahye were left there alone, the girl still laughing. They didn't bother following Jusen. He could have a laughing fit as long as he wants.

"Is it really that funny?" asked Dean.
"No," giggled Chahye. "But coming from a dancer like me, yes. It is funny," she said.
"Aish. You didn't even give me enough inputs yesterday. How dare you laugh at me?" he said reaching for her chin and making her look at him.
"Because you look awkward. And that gunshot thing... You really have got to be kidding yourself," smiled Chahye as she took his hands off of her.
"What?! That's going to be the highlight of my performance. Remember? There's this pause after that. I can sing and I can make people run closer to the stage. The people will love it," said Dean happily spinning around.
"If you really want to do that, you better practice your landing so you wouldn't get hurt, and how good it would look like on camera," said Chahye standing in front of the mirrors.
"I think I'm doing it properly but okay. Show me then," said Dean standing right next to her.
"First, you have to lower your legs and make sure you land on your first. And make sure you always land at least on your arm. It'll be too bad if it's your back getting hit on the floor. And always watch your head. It would be a good effect if you slightly throw your legs up just as you land on your arms," explained Chahye.

She did it once and looked up at him to follow. Dean did so. They repeated it for another 3 times, pretending to be dancing before the actual moment. They both dropped to the floor at the sound of the gun. But neither of them stood up.

"I swear this is hilariously funny," said Chahye.
"How come?" asked Dean looking to his right.
"I just... I just really think you'll look funny on stage," she answered turning to lie on her side. "But since people seem to love you then I don't think people would laugh at you," she said crawling a bit closer to him, laying her head on his belly.
"I'm actually nervous for the Hiphopplaya Festival. It's the first time I'll perform for the Korean hiphop scene. Well, I'm part of it but do people actually accept me as one?" he asked brushing his hands on her hair that's starting to get oily because of her sweat.
"They love you. Don't worry," smiled Chahye as she looked up.
"Will you be there?" asked Dean.
"Uhm... I... I don't know. I don't usually go to places like that but..." started Chahye.
"Be there, please? So you could cheer for me," said Dean.
"I can't promise, Dean," she said regrettably. "I have to prepare for the next week."
"For what?" he asked.
Chahye then sat up and faced him. Dean leaned on his elbows as he looked at her. "My internship starts this Monday. And I have to go to the university on Saturday morning to pass my schedule," she said.
"Which company are you going to work for?"
"It's an advertising company. They're starting a project for an American company and they were looking for interns with English proficiency to help with the campaign."
"Oh. I see. You fit perfectly there."
"Yeah. I guess so."
"Should I bring you there Monday morning?"
"No. I can go on my own.
"But..."
"Dean... I don't want people looking at me and finally gossiping that I'm your girlfriend or something."
"Are you scared?"
"I'm scared, yes."
"You know, we should be proud of what we have together."
"I know. But... Now's not the right time yet."
"Why did you say that?"
"Dean, we haven't even told your manager that we're together already. Do you think the response from your fans and the public will be any nicer?"
"Actually... No..."
"See?"
"You could have just applied for internship here in Joombas, you know? I think they need more people to work on the promotions in the USA."
"I don't really want to go abroad yet, Dean. I can't leave Daejung alone. And besides," she said as she stood up. "It's awkward now that I'm a dancer in this company. Imagine what would happen to the two of us if I became one of the management staff."
Dean stood up and dusted his pants off. "So now you're worried about the two of us," he said with a smirk.
"Of course I am," she said.

Dean took her arm and pulled her close, wrapping her in a tight embrace. "I'm so happy you're finally mine, Jin Chahye," he said.
"Dean..." she hummed in response. 
He pulled away from their embrace. "I wanted to tell you, Chahye. From now on, I'll be more busy and I might not have enough time for you. And I think that as time goes on, we'll be finding it harder to stow away and meet in secret. In time, we have to tell everyone about this. Well, at least, the whole Joombas and your team," he said.
"I know, Dean. I understand the risks," she said.
"Then can you promise me something?" he said looking straight at her.
"What?" she asked.
"We'll work together for this relationship. We'll tell each other who we're with. We'll call each other at night. We tell each other where we are. We'll tell each other the problems we have. And lastly, no secrets," he said seriously.

Chahye didn't answer him immediately. She literally had to gulp in all of her fear and resistance to say a mere "yes". "No secrets," she thought.

She was doomed.

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

It may seem funny but whenever someone leaves a comment, I end up reading the chapter they put a comment on and then I reply. In this way, since I'm reading the chapter on a more "reader" perception, I get to see what you guys see as well and how you enjoyed or didn't like the chapter. And also, through that system, I get to realize some new things about my style writing that I never noticed while I was actually creating it.

Why am I saying this, you may ask?

Because I just realized that Chahye said I love you to Dean in a night sky. Dean was her light in that dark time. I just.. I don't know if you get me... but that's what I realized when I re-read my work. XD 

I'm just saying. XD 

Thank you for the support. We're now at 2600 views people! Much love!