12..

Of Truth and Love

"Are you ready?" asked Hyoseob from the living room where a small mirror hung on the wall, just enough to get a look at his face and shoulders.
"Are you sure it's okay to wear a skirt this short?" asked Chahye shouting from her room.
"As long as you look decent, it's fine," said Hyoseob.
"You said so!" she shouted once more. 

Hyoseob combed his hair once more, admiring himself. He heard the door to her room click open and he turned around to look. Chahye stepped out barefoot and tugging on her skirt down. She was wearing a gray sweater over a white button blouse, a short skirt and black stockings. She wore her hair into a bun and put on very light make up and a light pink tint on her lips. She didn't stand out but was pretty enough to face anyone. Hyoseob felt his chest twist and a smile slowly curved onto his face. He almost couldn't speak. 

"Would this be all right? I mean, I don't want to stand out too much," said Chahye looking down to her feet.
"You look beautiful... no matter what you wear," said Hyoseob.
"Thanks," smiled Chahye. "Now, for the shoes."

She walked over to her door cabinet and took out a shoe box. Hyoseob followed her, admiring how good she looked whenever she wore girly stuff on which happens very rarely. She took a pair of white oxford tie-up shoes. She looked up at him with a smile. "What do you think?" she asked showing him the pair.
"I think that would fit. Try it," he said and Chahye did so.

She quickly stood up just after she successfully tied the lace on each shoe. She once again looked at Hyoseob, waiting for an approval. He flashed him his smile and two thumbs up earning a smile from her. "Great. Let's get going!" cheered Chahye pulling Hyoseob to follow him out of the apartment.

It only took them more than thirty minutes to get to the venue in Hyoseob's Benz. It always amazed Chahye at how he was able to drive and own his own car at a very young age. But her cousins were also the same so it wasn't really new. Hyoseob helped her out of the car and he made her stop just as they got to the front door. He asked for a selca with her, one that they usually don't get as often as they should. Gladly, Chahye said yes. Somehow, she felt sincerely happy tonight and she had Hyoseob to thank for that.

Inside the small restaurant rented for the event, a bunch of rappers have already arrived getting into small talk, whether with their fellow peers in the industry or with each other's partners. Some were seated on tables while other were standing up talking to people. Chahye recognized The Quiett from afar and Hyoseob said he was with his sister and nephew. He also pointed out Eluphant who Chahye had already met in another party from last year. They also saw Crucial Star with some boys. Hyoseob said they were independent rappers that he usually work with. Chahye wasn't familiar with them except Taylor who worked with Moonseop before.

Hyoseob took Chahye's right hand and made it hold on to his left arm. "Just in case you get lost or need something," he said smiling. Chahye just smiled and kept her hand placed on his arm.

"Crush!" someone called from behind them. They both stopped and turned to look. It was Simon D. The two bowed slightly and greeted him. "Hello. It's nice to see you here, Hyoseobbie. Who is she?" he asked.
"Ah. Hyung, this is Jin Chahye," said Crush.
"Hello Chahye-ssi. Are you Crush's girlfriend?" he asked.
Chahye grinned and shook her head. "No. I'm not his girlfriend," she said.
"She's Zico and Taewoon hyung's cousin," said Crush flustered.
"Oh. Really? You all have the same eyes, I guess," observed Simon D. "It's nice to meet you. Where are they? Zico?" he continued.
"They should be here soon," answered Crush.
"Ah. Okay. Well, I have to go. I see most of my friends here and I can't wait to catch up. See you later, Hyoseobbie, Chanhye-ssi." smiled Simon D as he walked away. Chahye bowed as he walked past them. "Hey, Double K!" they heard him say.
"He's a cool hyung, don't you think?" asked Crush taking Chahye's hand again and putting it on his arm.
"Yeah. He's cool. He has always been cool," smiled Chahye.
"Why don't we find a table so you could sit down?" offered Crush which she nodded to.

They walked over to the area where the tables and seats were. They happened to have passed by Gaeko and Choiza with their wife and girlfriend, Sulli, respectively. Crush also introduced Chahye to Gary and Gil who sat in the same table as Dynamic Duo. Just then, Chahye saw Fana with JTong, Vida Loca, DJ Wegun and Giriboy. Crush couldn't do anything but let her go and watch her reunite with her friends. There was a seat beside Fana and Chahye took that. Crush followed her but didn't take a seat.

"How have you been Chahye? How were your finals?" asked Fana.
"It was crazy but I passed. I passed all of my exams," she smiled.
"We haven't seen you at the clubs lately. Are you busy?" asked JTong.
"Well, yeah. I am," she answered.
"Andup and TakeOne said you had another job other than the coffee shop. Is that true?" asked Giriboy.
"Yeah. I just needed to be busy while on vacation," said Chahye.
"Are you having fun there?" asked JTong leaning towards the center of the table. Chahye smiled and nodded. "That's great then," said JTong.
"Why don't you sit down Crush?" asked Wegun.
"Can I join you guys?" he said.
"Of course. Any friend of Chahye's is also our friend," said Giriboy shaking hands with Crush.
"Thanks," he answered.
"Is Crush your date, Chahye?" asked Vida Loca.
"Uhm... Yeah. He is," she smiled.
"Where do you plan to take Chahye after this party, huh?" asked JTong, the girl rolling her eyes at his questions.
"Back home?" said Crush laughing.
"Why do you always have to ask that question when I'm with someone?" asked Chahye.
"Just so we know where to find you in case your crazy cousins come looking for her," said someone from behind them. It was Louie. Behind him were Lil Boi, DJ Dopsh, Uglyduck, Hanhae, Ddolbae, Psycoban and Kirin.

The men immediately got up and shook hands and bumped shoulders with each of them. Chahye got up, too and hugged her friends.

"I missed you," said Chahye as she hugged Lil Boi.
"We missed you, too. The whole crew misses you," said Psycoban as he tried to pat her head.
"Yeah. I haven't been able to see your shows especially Daehee oppa," she said as she reached for Kirin.
"I'm going to be back to Japan so you still won't be able to see any of my shows," said Kirin.
"Hanhae has shows lined up though," said Uglyduck laughing.
"Why me?! I don't have any," said Hanhae taking the seat beside JTong.
Louie grabbed the chair beside Crush. "So. What do we have here? Someone from VV:D?" he said looking at Crush.
"Should I go now?" he said shyly.
"Nah. Stay there. You're Chahye's date," said JTong.
"Woah. Wait," said Lil Boi. "You're Chahye's date? Really? You had the guts to do that? To ask her out?" he said teasingly making Crush blush.
"I know right? I wanted to ask him were he got the guts cause I couldn't even ask Chahye to buy ice cream if it's just the two of us," said Giriboy sinking into his chair with a grin.
"What made you say yes to his invite, Chahye?" asked Psycoban as he took the chair on the next table.
"He said Jiho and Jisuk oppa would be here," she answered.
"That always gets her," said Crush with a smile.

Crush excused himself and went around to talk to other people. Zico, Andup, Kkalchang, Checkany, TakeOne and Hwaro arrived and joined the crew. Zico had to sit beside his cousin. Minutes later and Mad Clown started going around the tables greeting his guests, eventually getting to Buckwilds. He saw Chahye and hugged her. "Hello, Chahye-ssi. It's been a while," he said.
"I know, Donglim oppa. It's so nice to hear that you're finally getting married," she said.
"I also thought this day would never come," smiled Mad Clown.
"If Mad Clown can get married, I guess I could, too," laughed Ddolbae.
"Will we also be invited for the wedding itself?" asked Giriboy.
"Of course. I hope it doesn't get too crowded," answered Mad Clown. "You should come, too, Chahye. You should meet more people."
"I'll try oppa," she answered.
"No, hyung. She won't try. We'll drag her to the wedding," said Louie.

The event soon started and Mad Clown introduced his wife-to-be to everyone. She was beautiful. Most of them have seen her during personal events but she remained private most of the time. While the MC asked for Mad Clown's friends to give messages to him, Zico tapped his cousin's shoulder and made her look at him.

"Why didn't you tell us you had another job?" he asked in a whisper.
Although surprised that he knew, Chahye figured that Giriboy and the others have alredy told him. "I'm sorry. I just thought I needed it," she said.
"Jisuk hyung wasn't happy that you didn't tell us. But at least some of our friends do. Are you doing fine there?" he asked.
"Never better, Jiho," smiled Chahye.
"You sure?" asked Zico.
"Yes. Don't worry," she said.

Uglyduck saw how the two talked and figured out that it was about Chahye's other part-time job. He shot glances at TakeOne, Wegun, Hanhae and Andup. They all had the same thought. If only Zico knew who she was working with.

Chahye excused herself to the comfort room as the people started to get up and mingle with each other again. It was the chance for everyone to walk up to Mad Clown and his girlfriend and greet them personally. Andup walked with her towards the comfort room.