44..

Of Truth and Love

It was Sunday and Chahye just got home after doing the groceries with Hyoseob. He came home with her and offered to help out with arranging what they bought into their kitchen cabinets while Chahye took a quick wash. She has a slight skin allergy whenever she was exposed to fish meat and they bought some salmon. She was starting to itch and she needed to clean herself up.

"Remember, the sausages go inside the chiller, not the freezer," she said before stepping into the bathroom.
"Noona," called Daejung.
"What is it?" she asked from inside.
"Dean hyung said he'll be dropping by early today," said Daejung.
"Why?!" asked Chahye as she stuck her head outside the bathroom.
"He promised to take us out to dinner remember?" said Daejung.
"Oh yeah. Right. He invited you to dinner with the crew, Club Eskimo," said Hyoseob as he scattered the contents of the paper bag containing bath essentials.
"Oh. Right. Okay. I'll be quick then. Will you take a bath, too, Daejung-ah?" she asked.
"After you," answered her brother.
"And you Hyoseob?" she asked.
"What? Want me to take a bath here? With you maybe?" smirked Hyoseob, Daejung laughing to himself.
"Urgh! We're not kids anymore, Hyoseob-ah!" shouted Chahye before closing the bathroom door shut.
The two boys at the table started laughing. "I swear she always hates it when I mention we used to take baths together," said Hyoseob as he took the bleach bottle and placing it in the cabinet below the sink.
"You guys were like what, 16 years old back then?" said Daejung.
"I think so. But we only did it at Jiho's place. I remember taking you inside the bathroom with all of us," said Hyoseob.
"Should we even be talking about this?" said Daejung shaking his head.

Suddenly, the door bell rang and a knock came rapping on the door. Daejung wiped his hand with the hand towel and went to the door. Hyoseob continued putting the eggs into the fridge tray. Daejung came back to the kitchen with a friend. Dean.

"Wow, you guys doing house chores," smiled Dean.
"Yeah. Sort of," smiled Daejung.
"Why don't you help us out?" said Hyoseob throwing the hand cloth to Dean.
"I just came. Are those dried mangoes?" said Dean pointing to the package near Daejung.
"Yeah. It's one of noona's favorite food. Kyung hyung introduced it to her," said the boy.
"Oh. Where is she anyway?" asked Dean.
"She's taking a bath. Got an allergy attack from the salmon," said Hyoseob.
"Oh. Okay. So, what time do we leave? I think Miso's gonna be at the restaurant with Colde and Jusen around 4pm," said Dean.

Just then, a loud rapping came from the front door like someone was trying to knock it down. Chahye didn't seem to hear it since the shower was on. The three boys looked at each other and waited for someone to open the door. Just as Hyoseob was about to walk around the table, the knocking stopped. He looked at the others and hiked his shoulders. He still walked over to the door. Another loud bang came from outside and Hyoseob almost toppled over. "Oh my god," he said looking back at his friends.

"JIN CHAHYE! OPEN THIS GODDAMN DOOR!" screamed the person from the other side. 
"That sounded like a girl," said Dean.
Chahye shouted from inside the bathroom. "Hyoseob-ah? Did you call me?" she said.
"No. Just... continue whatever you're doing," said Hyoseob. And she did as they heard the shower turn on again.

Hyoseob walked over to the door, Dean right behind him. He took the umbrella from the stand, ready in case anything bad happened. He turned the knob around. But just as he was pulling the door open, it suddenly slammed into his face. Hard.

"Oh my god!" groaned Hyoseob as he felt his cheek burn. "I think I twisted my nose," he added.

A head looked through the door and eventually stepped inside revealing a woman with intense eyes. "What the were you doing behind the door like that, Jin Chahye?!" she said.

Then there was silence.

There was no Jin Chahye.

Just three men all wondering who she was and what she was doing there. In return, she was also thinking why there were three men inside her friend's place. She looked at all three of them, then took a step outside of the apartment. "It says 23," she said when she looked at the number above the door. She stepped back inside, putting both hands on her waist, trying to show fierceness. "All right. Who the are you guys and what are you doing inside Jin Chahye's apartment?!" she asked sternly.

Dean helped Hyoseob get up. He didn't have a broken nose. But he might be suffering a broken confidence after stumbling down in front of a woman.

"I think we should be asking you that. What are you doing here?" said Daejung from the table. "Why are you looking for my sister?!" he asked.
"Sister?" she said.
"Wait... Aren't you Honey J noona?" said Dean as he finally got a good glance at her.
"I am. I...." she stopped when she locked gazes with Dean. "Oh. My. God. You're Dean," said Honey J. "Does this... Does this mean you're our new neighbor?! Oh my god. I just came back from America and this is the news I get. Oh my god!" she said excitingly.
Dean laughed awkwardly at her conclusion. "No, noona. Chahye still lives here. We just visited," he said smiling. 
"Oh. Okay," said Honey disappointingly. "So, who is he?" she pointed at the boy at the table.
"That's Daejung. Chahye's younger brother," said Dean.
"Oh. Really now? You have the same eyes as Chahye," smiled Honey at him.
"And my name is Shin Hyoseob also known as Crush, the guy that got hit by the door when you slammed it open," he said as he walked away from her. 
"Sorry about that. I usually do that when it's just Chahye," she said walking towards him.
"I'm telling Jaebum hyung," teased Hyoseob.
"Let's not get that far," laughed Honey. "Where's Chahye?" she asked as she looked around.
"She's taking a bath," answered Daejung.
"Taking a bath huh... With two hot guys in her apartment... Interesting," she said smirking at Dean then at Crush.
Dean was starting to get pretty awkward around Honey J. And Crush gave him the same look. "What are you doing here anyway, noona?" asked Dean.
"Oh. As I said, I just came back from the AOMG US tour. I wanted to see Chahye. And also get my box of things I left her with before we flew to America," she explained.
"A box?" said Hyoseob.
"Yes. It has some of my treasures in it. Do you know where it is?" she asked.
"Noona has some boxes under the television but..." Daejung tried to finish. But Honey J already sprinted to the television in the living area and opened the cabinet under it. "She usually doesn't let anyone open that though," he finished.
"Nonsense," said Honey as she knelt in front of the TV. "I'm just getting my things. It's not like I'm going to snoop around... Oh. She has tons of letters here huh?" she said when she saw the box next to hers filled with envelopes. "Or are these bills?" she added.
"Talk about not snooping around," said Hyoseob rolling his eyes at her.

Dean watched her closely. He remembered that morning when Chahye was sitting in front of the TV after their drunk night. She threw something back into the same cabinet that day. Honey J finally got up carrying a box with its lid open. She walked over to the guys and Hyoseob's eyes opened wide.

"Are those...condoms?!" pointed Hyoseob.
Honey J looked down at the box and back at him. "Yes. They are," she answered coolly as she placed the box on a chair near the table.
"I can't believe you had Chahye keep those inside her house," said Hyoseob.
"I don't think you should be showing that, noona. Daejung is still under-aged," said Dean pulling Daejung away from Honey J since he was the closest.
She looked at Daejung and smirked. "A good boy needs to learn this sooner or later," she said. She looked back at her box and tried to hide the condoms under the jewelry boxes. Then she saw her Plan-B box and noticed that it was open. She took it out and counted the packets inside. She never used it yet and there were only 9 packets left. "Well, someone seems to have used my Plan-B tablets," she said looking back up at Hyoseob. "Did you have Chahye use this?!" she asked him.
"What the... Of course not! Chahye's my best friend. I wouldn't do that," said Hyoseob trying to defend himself. "And besides, I would have used a rather than a Plan B tab," he added.
"What...What's a Plan-B?" asked Daejung as he looked at Dean. 
When Honey J saw that Dean didn't seem to know what it was, she turned around to look at Daejung with a flip of her hair. "Boy. A Plan-B tablet is what girls take when they had and no protection was used like a . It sort of washes away whatever got inside. You get what I mean?" smirked Honey.
"Aish. Stop talking to the boy like that!" said Hyoseob.
"What?! This is simple life hacks, Shin Hyoseob. Let the kid learn. Chahye is very much open about these things anyway," said Honey.
"When... When do girls usually drink that?" asked Dean.
Honey J shot him a playful smirk. "Well, normally, women take this the next day when they wake up," she said as she took a step closer to him. Dean had to step back. "In Chahye's case, she would have probably taken this right after having you inside her," she whispered. She was too close that she heard him swallow his own saliva loudly. "Gotcha," said Honey snapping her fingers and turning around back to the chair where her stuff were. "Well, I have to go. I still need to clean up my own bathroom. Tell Chahye I dropped by," she said carrying her box with both arms towards the door.

Hyoseob walked her to the door. Just as he opened it for her, Honey stopped and looked back at Dean, calling his name. She took the PlanB box and threw it to him, which he caught. "Just in case," she said winking at him. She bowed them kisses then walked out of the apartment.

Hyoseob closed the door behind him and walked back to the kitchen. "What did she whisper to you?" he asked Dean.

Just then, they heard Chahye scream from inside the bathroom.

"SEOBBIE OPPA! HELP ME. OH MY GOSH!"

Hyoseob ran to the bathroom door and held on the knob. "What happened to you?! Are you all right?!" he asked, sticking his ear on the door.
"I was hurrying to wash up and I forgot that I have my period. I didn't bring a napkin in here. Could you get me one? You know where I keep it," said Chahye through the door.
"It's your red day?" repeated Hyoseob.
"It's the first day. Urgh! Hurry up!" she shouted.
"All right. I will," said Hyoseob walking towards the siblings' room and straight to Chahye's dresser. "Sometimes I regret being your best friend!" he shouted.