65..

Of Truth and Love

Daejung saw a car pull up in front of their building. He hesitated to walk across the front and outside the compound. He has never seen this car before. Why, of all hours of the day, should his sister tell him to run along and buy her a yogurt drink? He huffed and put his hands inside his jacket's pockets and walked away. It was already 11 in the evening. He has to get back quick.

The door to the car opened and Daejung tried his best to not mind whoever it was. But he heard his name being called. He stopped and slowly turned around to look. It was just Dean.

"Why do you look so scared?!" he asked.
"Urgh! Do you know what time it is for you creep into our compound like that?! And you're using a different car. How would you expect me to know it was you?!" Daejung said raising his hands at him.
"You and your sister really have the same attitude towards me when you're pissed off," smiled Dean.
"Whatever," said the boy turning around.
"Where are you going?" Dean asked. "Do you know what time it is?"
"I know. Noona wanted a yogurt drink and she wouldn't stop whining until I get it for her," said Daejung rolling his eyes at the thought of his sister.
"Is it her period or something?" asked Dean.
"No. She's been really weird when she came home earlier. She's been staring at nothing and then grumbling at things I don't understand," said Daejung.
"Is... Is she all right?" asked Dean walking closer.
"She is. Don't worry. She's usually like this when she's thinking about stuff or is stressed. She zones out then after an hour or so, she'd be all fine," said Daejung raising his shoulders.
"Can I go see her?" Dean asked.
"Yeah. Sure. Whatever," answered the boy as he walked away.
"Be quick, Daejung," reminded Dean.
"I will," he answered. "Who even makes your younger brother, who is still a minor, go out of the house at this time?! She's really crazy sometimes," he complained to himself.

Dean walked up to their apartment and knocked. He put the key inside and slowly opened the door. "Chahye?" he called. Suddenly a head hovered beside the wall towards the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" asked Chahye as she walked over to him.
"You told me to drop by, right?" said Dean stepping inside.
"You took that seriously?" she said turning her back to him, walking over to the living area.
"Yes. I did," he smiled as he followed her. "Why did you let Daejung out so late like that?" he asked.
Chahye suddenly twirled around and showed him her pouting lips. "Because I want yogurt!!!" she whined like a kid. Dean just stood there surprised at her sudden cuteness. "Aish. I am so stressed, Kwon Hyuk! I can't take it anymore!" she said. "I've been craving for a yogurt since I came home. I want one so bad. Aish," she continued whining, putting both of her palms against her cheeks. She then heard Dean chuckle as he covered his mouth. She looked at him and furrowed her eyebrows. "What's funny?" she asked.
Dean chuckled again before answering. "You."
"Me?!" she said.
"You look so cute right now," he said grinning.
"Aish. Kwon Hyuk," she groaned turning around and crashing herself onto the sofa. "Everything is just too stressful recently," she said covering her face as she hugged a pillow.

Dean walked over to the sofa and sat right beside her head. He brushed the hair away from her face and smiled.

"The dark circles under your eyes are becoming too obvious, Chahye," he said.
"They are. Aaaaah!" she said. "This is because of my internship. I'm sorry for looking ugly."
"What are you taking about?! You're beautiful, Jin Chahye," smiled Dean even wider.
Chahye pouted and hugged the pillow tighter. "You're just saying that so I don't feel bad. I'm ugly. The stress is making me ugly," she said.
"No. You are beautiful. I mean it," he said seriously. "What are you even stressing yourself with?" he asked.
"My internship. My exams. Daejung's allowance hasn't arrived yet. Then there's... There's you," she said.
"Are you still mad at me?" asked Dean.
"No... But..." started Chahye. Dean saw her bite her lips before looking back up at him. "I... I just really wanted to talk to you," she said.
"Me, too," admitted Dean.
Chahye got up then threw her arms around Dean's neck. "I missed you," she said.
Dean smiled and hugged her back. "I missed you, too," he said.

"Uhm... Excuse me?"

The two released each other quick at the sound of Daejung's voice, both getting a bit flustered.

"I already have your yogurt," said Daejung as he put the plastic bag on the table. "I'll be in my room minding my own business," he continued rolling his eyes at his sister when they met stares.
The door to their room closed and Chahye walked over to the kitchen table to get her drink. "Oh my gosh. I needed this," she said as she literally ripped the cover off and drank it all quick.

Dean followed and watched her. Just as she finished her drink, Dean stole one last glance back to their room and made sure Daejung wasn't looking. "Are you all right, Chahye?" he asked almost in a whisper.
Chahye looked at him with heavy eyes and sighed. "Did Daejung close the door?" she asked and Dean nodded. She sighed once more and faced him.

"I'm sorry, Dean. I mean... I'm just really stressed out. First, because I was mad at you. I was mad about such a small thing. I mean.. I shouldn't have shouted at you like that," she said. Dean opened his mouth to talk but Chahye lifted a finger and put it on his lips to stop him. "Second, I am so stressed because the company I'm working at is crazy! There are projects everywhere and us interns are being bounced back from every department. I want to quit. And third, exams are coming and I have to keep up with the subjects I haven't been able to go to class to. And lastly, there's Jeffrey," she said covering her face.

"Jeffrey? What does Jeffrey have to do here? Is he bothering you?" asked Dean.

Chahye was about to talk further but stopped when she realized what she just said. "Uhm... Yeah... Jeffrey... I just... He was just asking me... about how we were and I... I just find it weird when he talks to me because..." she stuttered.
"Do you feel uncomfortable around him? Should I tell him to keep his distance?" asked Dean worried, knowing how she can fair with people.
"Uhm... I'm... I'm fine. It was just that one instance. No need to worry," said Chahye almost panicking.
Dean noticed her hesitancy and reached for her hand. "You say so," he said.
"I'm sorry, Dean," said Chahye.
"Hey, what if you come with me? I can help you release your stress," offered Dean painting a smirk on his face.
Chahye quickly pulled her arm away and looked at him weirdly. "What do you mean? Where are you taking me?" she asked almost in panic.
"Relax, babe. I just wanted to take you down to the car," smiled Dean. "I have something to show you."
"You're not planning anything stupid are you?" asked Chahye.
"Of course not," smiled Dean before pulling her to follow him towards the door.

They walked out of the apartment and down to the parking lot. Chahye was looking for his car when Dean stopped in front of a mini cooper. 

"Where's your car?" asked Chahye.
"I didn't bring mine. I brought this," siad Dean patting the hod of the car beside him. He opened the door to the back and moved the seats so that they now folded against the floor. 
"Whose car is this?" she asked.
"It's Jeffrey hyung's. I sometimes ask to use this especially when I want to stay near the river or drive out far away," said Dean as he stood up again and walked over to her. "You'll love it," he said before walking past her and out to the back where he lifted the door.

Chahye followed him and saw the inside of the car. The seats were now folded down and it made itself level with the car floor. "Get in," smiled Dean. Without hesitation, Chahye sat down and lifted her legs up to sit in the middle. Dean. brought the door down and she watched him walk over to the driver seat. He got in and started the engine, turning the air conditioning unit higher then looked back at her.

"What now?" she asked.
"See those little curtains beside the windows? Could you pull them shut, please?" said Dean as he closed the door and put out a little globe he attached on the dashboard. 

Chahye did as she was told and soon the light from outside stopped traveling its way inside the car. It was darker inside the car now. Dean smiled as he saw Chahye sit back down. He took his phone out and attached it to the car's stereo. He chose an instrumental and played it. He looked back at her and she only tilted her head to the side, watching him. He smiled before turning the little globe on and a pale blue light emanated from inside. It passed through the globe and left shadows all over the car. It started to look like there was a moving constellation inside the car with stars swaying along the music.

Dean moved and stepped to the back to where Chahye was. Her eyes were travelling inside the car and following the traces of stars dancing around along with the soft music playing.

"Omo..." gasped Chahye as she found everything beautiful.
"Like it?" asked Dean as he moved closer to her, her arms touching his chest.
"It's beautiful," she said before lowering her eyes to look at him. "How did you..." she started.
"I told you. Jeffrey lets me use this car sometimes. I bought the light globe a while back and let it play whenever I'm in here sleeping or thinking," he said lifting a hand and caressing her cheek.
"I think it's awesome sleeping here," smiled Chahye as she stared at him.
"It is," answered Dean flashing his angelic smile at her.

Chahye moved closer to him until one of his arms were around her waist and they soon leaned in for a kiss, one they haven't had for a long time now. Somehow, they both didn't understand how they were able to still look at each other with love despite having shouted at each other the other day. Was this really love? Or just because they missed each other?

A few more minutes and more lips locked, Chahye finally pushed Dean away from her. Dean pushed his lips closer again but she turned her head around already.

"I don't want anything happening while we're inside a car, Dean. People might see," she said feeling her cheeks burn slightly.
This made Dean smirk in amusement and leave a soft peck on her cheek. "You always look so cute when you blush," he said.

Chahye turned to look at him as he pulled a box from the corner of the car. He pulled it out and opened the lid. He then took out a blanket and gave it to Chahye. "Lay it down," he said with a smile. And she did so. He then took out a big pillow and closed the box pushing it back to the corner. 

"So you really sleep in here?" asked Chahye when Dean crawled beside her again.
"Yes. Wanna lie down?" invited Dean as he put the pillow down right next to the back door, lying down.

Chahye smiled and lied down next to him, their two heads sharing the pillow. They were both looking up as the stars flew everywhere. Somehow, Chahye felt at peace and she loved it. She never liked the night sky. She was always scared of it. But this time, she was starting to appreciate it. Besides, she was with her moon. There was no reason to be scared.

"Chahye..." hummed Dean.
"Hmmm?" answered Chahye.
"I'm your moon, right?" he asked, as though he was reading his mind.
Chahye turned her head only to see him still staring up at the car roof, the stars dancing everywhere along with the music. "You are," she answered softly.
"Do you know what you are to me?" he asked, turning his head to look at her as well.
"Uhm... No? I don't know," she answered honestly.
"In the night sky, you are my starlight," he said revealing his iconic angelic smile.

Dean turned around and hugged her waist, making sure she was close to him as possible. Her arms wondered along his neck pulling them even closer together.

"I look like the perfect guy for everyone else... But I'm not. I already told you about my escapades in searching for love and I always thought I wouldn't be able to find someone I could dedicate all of my heart to. Everything just seems like a game. My friends know I only treat love like a game, like you can easily throw it away. The only thing I ever cared for was my dream. My dream to be a musician, a very good one. I became a very good producer, at least I thought I was. And now, I'm singing and performing for people. But even with everything, there was still an empty space. I guess that's why most of my songs are dark and lonely. I am complicated.

"I think... I think your nights are darker than mine. But it is as well. I may not have nightmares like you but me... I fear each and every day with all the people I work with and meet. Ever since I started in this business, I never had that much friends. I trusted very less people. That's why I only have Club Eskimo and your cousin with me. Other than them, I have no other friends I can share my heart to. But that changed when you came, when I started to love you.

"There was someone else I can trust, someone else I can be Kwon Hyuk to. Everything I neglected back then seemed to have meaning now, and you showed me that. You showed me the meaning of having true friends. I have a few and I didn't understand that they would care so much for me if I didn't see how your friends always backed you up. I understand the meaning of trust and always trying your best to keep it and help out. I understood what it meant to be struggling in life. The only struggles I work on in my life is my work and people. But you... You have your brother, your future, your family. I now understand how the little things and attention would mean so much. 

"In my dark, there will always be you, your starlight that makes me smile. When I'm with you, I feel as though I'm dreaming, a mix of nightmares and happy dreams. But I don't care. Because when I'm with you, I'm only filled of you, everything about you. I feel like my heart dances to every stare at you, to every hug, to every kiss. At first, I know we started off rocky. I always pissed you off. I treated you like a toy actually. But as time went by, as your night dawns on the sky, I understood you better and my heart just couldn't stop loving you anymore."

"And you're saying all of this because....?" hummed Chahye as she caressed his face, rubbing her thumb across his chin.

"I don't know... I just.... I just thought..." hesitated Dean. 

"Go on..." encouraged Chahye with a smile.

"I'm sorry, Chahye. For everything that I did before. For pissing you off back then. For violating your space. I'm sorry because a complicated personality like me fell in love with you. I'm sorry that I'm not always available. I'm sorry that you have to always wait for when I'm free just to be with you. I'm sorry because even though this is hard and there are still secrets between us, I still don't want to let you go. I can't. I need you. I need your smiles in my life. I need your care. I love you."

Chahye smiled then brushed her index finger against his lips down to his chin. She got up then moved so that she was kneeling over him, her knees on either side of his hips. Dean held her waist and looked straight into her eyes as her hair fell from her shoulders, the ends softly brushing against his cheek.

"I love you, too, Dean. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry for shouting at you the other day. I'm sorry for still having secrets. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have," she said.
"I'm sorry for shouting at you as well. I should have understood you," said Dean raising his hand to hold her face.
"I love you more than you could ever imagine, Dean. To the moon, the stars and even back on Earth," smiled Chahye faintly.
"I love you just the same, Jin Chahye," smiled Dean as he felt her lips brush against his.

Chahye lowered herself on him, his hands resting on his waist, and kissed passionately more than before.

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

HI GUYS.! I AM BACK.! AND...!!!! I am happy to say that I HAVE FINALLY MET DEAN.! OH MY GOHN PEOPLE.! NOW I KNOW WHY CHAHYE LOVES THIS MAN.! OTL Such an amazing person. Such a humble person. Such a wonderful performer. HE IS THE SWEETEST EVER.! I just don't have pictures or videos but I swear! He is just amazing! I am so blessed to have been able to meet him at his most humblest form. He deserves all the love for sure. And I know one of my readers here has had the greatest encounter with Dean and 2xxx! as well!!! Much love!

You can check my storry from my blog! (https://thekhoployalist.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/theloyalist-deaninmnl-experience/)