49..

Of Truth and Love

With Chahye's reminder, Dean deleted his Instagram post where he ranted about the people who leaked his work. Even if Chahye is used to cursing, she couldn't stand everything Dean had to say. He wanted to let it stay there to serve as warning to everyone else. But Chahye was worried he'll get into more trouble if he didn't delete it.

Somehow, after that day, after being able to see Dean at his lowest and after being able to comfort him, Chahye grew even closer to him. It now became normal that he would pick him up at the apartment and bring her to the university every morning. They would make calls to each other every night, bidding each other to sleep. Dean would usually sneak to the studio before Chahye's rehearsals just to see her, to hold her hand.

It felt as though they were doing something illegal and it felt just right. Chahye didn't want to hold hands with Dean in front of his friends, but they would whenever inside his car. Dean wanted to hug and kiss her whenever they stood in the hall at Joombas' offices but they had to keep a close eye unless Jeffrey walked in on them. They knew they were more than just friends now but neither of them wanted to give themselves a title.

Millic noticed how the two became even closer than before. The stolen stares, the sneaking hands beside each other and the smiles when it was just them. He confronted Dean about it once and only got a smile as an answer, a smile he rarely sees from his bestfriend. And even though he knew it would be difficult for everyone, but isn't doing something wrong always so exciting?

That Thursday night, Millic invited Chahye to go out and eat dinner. Dean was busy in the office and couldn't come. Although she knew it wouldn't be that fun without him, Chahye still said yes. She wouldn't want to miss hanging out with her second bestfriend, Millic, and his crew.

They went to a not so popular cafe down in Mapo-gu. It was a small place, that was just right for small gatherings. They had little rooms for groups called "cabins". Millic, Chahye, Punchnello, Colde, 0channel and Miso were already there waiting for their drinks to arrive. Chahye sat in between Millic and Colde who sat in front of Punchnello.

"Is it true what I heard? You guys are gonna be introduced to the public as HIGHGRND members next week? Including Hyeontae?" Chahye asked.
"Yup. Me, Offonoff and Punchnello," answered Millic.
"Who told you?" asked Colde.
"Hyunjae. I was on the phone with him yesterday," said Chahye.
"Everyone's excited about it," said Millic.
"Our family is getting bigger," cheered Punchnello.
"0channel showed me the caricatures made for them. It's cute," said Miso
"You guys should do a label photoshoot or something," suggested Chahye. "I want to see all of you with Hyukoh and Sungwoo oppa," she continued, clasping her hands together. "Oh. And also with Bryan Cho!"
"Who else are coming tonight, by the way?" asked Miso.
"Crush hyung," said Millic leaning across the table with a wide grin. Miso pouted and kicked her leg from under the table, hitting his knee. He groaned as he reached down for it with his hands. "Aish. I was just joking," he said.
"How about Dean? Is anyone waiting for him?" asked Colde with a wide grin.
"Chahye, of course," said 0channel as he leaned towards Punchnello who was on his laptop. Chahye pursed her lips together and kicked his knee. "Oh ," he cursed as he reached for his knee under the table and everyone else started to laugh. "Why didn't you hit Colde?! He was the first one to tease you!" said 0channel.
"He's good-looking," said Chahye sticking her tongue out. 0Channel just snickered at her.
"I think Camper and Chekparren hyung are coming, too," said Punchnello as he looked up.
"What are you doing, Nello?" asked Miso.
"I'm on Facebook. And listening to some songs," answered the boy.
"Hey. You haven't seen Dean's Bonnie&Clyde music video, right?" Colde asked Chahye, Millic moving so he could rest his head on her lap.
"No. I haven't," she answered shaking her head.
"Why?!" asked Miso.
"Uhm... I just haven't had time yet," she answered.
"Let her watch it. And let's see what her reaction would be," said Millic as he scrolled through his phone.
"Already loading the video," said Punchnello grinning. He turned his laptop around so everyone would see, especially Chahye.

Millic got up and reached for the space bar. The music video started to play.

~

Daejung called his sister asking where she was. Chahye said she'll come back home in an hour. But Dean arrived at the cafe with Camper, Chekparren, Crush, Zico, Staytuned and Penomeco just in time. And as if by cue, Millic stood up from the couch they were on and let Dean sit right next to Chahye who looked like she wasn't happy to see him. The first group remained silent shooting glances at everyone else, Colde even had to stand up and walk away from Chahye and Dean.

Dean put an arm around Chahye's shoulder but she just shrugged and leaned on the table. Dean settled his arms on top of the back of the bench, staring at her hair. He knew very well that she doesn't like to show affection in front of his crew. He was just wondering why she wasn't even looking at him. Chahye avoided all contact from him and her cousin and bestfriend.

"Did a ghost pass by or something?! Why are you all so quiet?" asked Zico as he took the menu from the table, standing right next to Crush.
"Oh no. There wasn't any ghost," smiled 0channel.
"Why aren't you two talking though?" Chekparren asked pointing at Dean and Chahye.
"I don't know," answered Dean reaching for her hair and brushing it back her ear.
Punchnello looked up at Chahye and snickered. "Noona just saw Bonnie&Clyde," he said with a smile.
"Oh... So that's why," whistled Penomeco.
"You have?" Dean asked as he leaned towards Chahye's ear. She didn't answer and just looked to the wall to avoid his eyes.
"Chahye looks shy," said Staytuned as he say next to Dean.
"What would you feel if your boyfriend does a y scene with some random model out there?" asked Miso as she crossed her legs.
"He is not my boyfriend," said Chahye loudly. But no one seems to have noticed it.
"I wouldn't do such a thing," smirked Crush as he sat beside her. Miso just pushed him away, her cheeks burning.
"I swear I ship you and Miso so hard," laughed Zico as he mockingly slapped Crush's arm.

While the others were laughing and talking to each other, Dean already trapped Chahye with his arm leaning on the wall.

"So... What can you say about the video?" smirked Dean as he whispered to her.
"I have nothing to say," she answered avoiding his eyes, her chin on her hand.
"Come on. Tell me. I told you it was our story," she smiled leaning closer to her neck.
"Aish. Kwon Hyuk, get away from me," she said pushing his arms away.
"Jin Chahye..." said Dean taking her chin and making her look at him. "Tell me now or I'll tell them what that video means to both us," he warned with a playful smirk.
Chahye pursed her lips together and pushed his hand away. "Fine. I hate you for doing that video. What if people knew that was for me?! You are risking my whole existency. What if your fangirls learn?! I'm dead," she said keeping her voice down.
"And?!" Dean asked wanting to hear more.
Chahye leaned closer and made sure he heard her. " you for using some other girl in that video," she sneered.
"So are you jealous?" smiled Dean but she just rolled her eyes at him.

Suddenly, Punchnello coughed and they both looked at his direction.

"You do realize an 18-year old is sitting right across you two, right?" asked Punchnello. "You two almost kissed," he smirked at them. Everyone else started to watch them. Dean just snickered. Chahye took the stack of tissue in front of her and threw it to Punchnello's face. "What the... I was just joking noona," he said surprised.

Chahye stuck her tongue out and reached for her bag under the table. She stood up and told Dean to move so she could walk out. "Nope. I don't want to," said Dean slumping low into the bench and spreading his legs out so Chahye couldn't pass. He looked up at her with a grin.
Chahye rolled her eyes at him and huffed. "Fine. Then don't," she said.

She then put her backpack on and stepped on the bench. She sat on the back rest and lifted her legs around, landing on the other side behind them. Zico and Crush cheered for her as she walked away.

"Wait. Where are you going?!" said Dean as he stood up.
"Away from you," she answered, not even looking back at him.
"Chahye!" called Dean.
"I'll go follow her," said Zico going out of the cabin. Dean just stood there.
"Aren't you going to follow her, too?" Miso asked Crush.
"Do you want me to?" he asked looking at her.
"Whatever," she answered. She looked up at Dean and said, "You know, when she watched the music video, she had her hands on . She looked like she was really surprised. I wonder why."
"Just like what you said earlier," said Camper. "Would you like your boyfriend to be on the sofa acting y with a girl?"
"I wouldn't," said Colde. "But I don't have a boyrfriend."
"What are you trying to say?!" asked Dean.
"We're saying that your girlfriend is jealous and mad," said Millic.
"So what are you doing here and not trying to talk to her?!" said 0channel.
"Oh... Right... Right. Okay. I'll go," said Dean, pushing Staytuned aside and walking out of the cabin.
"I swear Dean is stupid sometimes," said Crush.
"I am not stupid!" shouted Dean as he looked back inside their cabin. "And no. She is not my girlfriend," he added with a smile before dashing outside.
"At least not yet though," smiled Punchnello as he stared at his laptop.
"I'm gonna be the bestman if they ever get married, okay?" said Millic as he sat on the table.
"I wanna be a flower girl," smiled Miso as she put both hands on her cheeks.
"You're too old for that, noona. And you're not even cute," snickered Punchnello.
"Aish! You little dweeb!" groaned Miso in English as she reached for his hair and pulled on it.
"Ouch! Noona!" groaned Punchnello as he reached for his head.
"Why are all girls violent sometimes?" asked Penomeco.
"You haven't even seen anything yet," said Miso.
"I grew up with a sister and Chahye and you don't even know half of what it means to live with a girl," said Crush.

~

"Are you going home?" asked Zico as he followed Chahye outside.
"Yes. And you don't have to take me. I'll take the bus," she said turning around to look at her cousin.
"No. Jump in my car. I'll take you," he said taking his car keys out.
"And what about the others?" asked Chahye as Zico aproached her. 
"Don't mind those fools," smiled Zico as he put an arm around her shoulders. "I wanna ask you though. Are you already with Dean?" He asked.
"No," she answered quickly.
"Really?" asked Zico again.
"Yes," she said looking up at him.
"Then why do you let him touch you like that? And you both seem to be hiding something from everyone else," he said.
"We're hiding nothing," she said.
"Just wanted to be sure. You're too young to have a boyfriend yet," teased Zico.
"What?! I'm already 23 years, Woo Jiho," said Chahye hitting his waist mockingly.
"But do you like him?" he asked as they walked over to his car.
"I don't... I mean... I don't know," admitted Chahye.
"Do you want to drink out and talk about it?" asked Zico as they reached his car parked a good distance from the cafe.
"Maybe. But not now. I have classes tomorrow," she said.
"Right. Not a good idea," said Zico.
"Jiho," she called. "Is it a good idea to fall in love with him, though?"
Zico looked at her and thought for a while. He placed his hand over her head and leaned down to look at her eyes. "It's fine," he said. "He'll be able to take care of you. If not, then I'll be the one taking care of him instead. If you know what I mean," he said laughing.
"Aish... Don't hurt him," she said giving his cousin a hug.
"I won't. By the way, have you already found a place to do your internship at?" he asked as he opened the door to the passenger seat.
"Actually... That's also one of my problems," sighed Chahye as she removed her bag and threw it inside.

The cousins were already inside the car when they heard someone call out their names. It was Dean running towards them. Chahye saw him and she immediately closed the door.

"Looks like she doesn't want to talk to you," grinned Zico.
"Come on. Jiho," pleaded Dean.

Zico reached for the passenger door and made the window slide down. Chahye tried to stop him but ended up pouting instead. "I'll just run really quick back to the cafe. I'll be back," said Zico as he got off the car and ran away. Dean put his left hand on the roof of the car and looked down at her.

"Chahye, talk to me."
"About what?!"
"Why are you leaving?!"
"Because I have classes tomorrow and Daejung is already looking for me."
"Then why are you avoiding me?"
"I don't want to talk to you. That's all."
"Because of that video?! Come on, Chahye. I thought you'll like it."
"Like it?! What is there to like?!"
"Seeing me?!"
"You... In another girl's arm doing fake scenes?! The girl doesn't even looks like she knows how to fake an !"
"And do you?!"
" you."
"Chahye..."
"You know what's really making me mad?!"
"What?!"
"It's the fact that you wanted to share that moment about us."
"About us having ? When you weren't even mine yet?"
"Yes?!"
"It happens in this society, Chahye."
"I know! But have you even ever though about what I would feel?! I didn't enjoy that night, Dean. Remember?! How did you think that I will now?!"
"Because now is different..."
"How?!"
"Because I love you......"
"That still wouldn't change the fact that I still see this darkness and it scares the out of me. You don't deserve me. No one deserves a wretched girl like me."
"Wha-What do you mean?!"
"Nothing."
"Chahye. I just really want you to know that I love you. And no matter what it is, you still matter to me. And I need you."
"I'm leaving..."

Chahye rolled the car window up and sat inside in silence. Dean didn't move and watched her disappear. Zico came back to the car with Crush. He got in and bid goodbye.

"What she say?" asked Crush.
"I think she's jealous... But I'm also thinking she got the idea," smiled Dean.
"You just really gotta be sure you're up to this. Me and Zico already warned you," said Crush as they walked back to the cafe.

Chahye mentioned it to him again, about the darkness. She shouldn't have. She would just spark another fit of curiosity in Dean and that would be another problem.

She couldn't understand why she suddenly became mad when they watched the music video. She liked the song but something about it made her feel bad. It may be because of that girl in it. How dare him make her touch him like that?! That should have been me, she thought. "Aish.. No. That's not right," she told herself. She knew it was just work. She shouldn't doubt him. If he says he loves her then that must be true. Is Miso right about saying she was jealous? Maybe she is. But...

The video. As much as she didn't want to think about it, it bothers her. That gun shot in the end. Does it mean that he's willing to end her suffering just so she could be his? He did in the video, right? But what about in real life? Is he really that in love to actually think about it? Does he know about her story already? Impossible. Crush and Zico won't ever do that. Could she finally put all her trust in him? Is that what he's trying to say in the video? He can't though. It's too dangerous.

But then again...

Bonnie&Clyde...

Ride or die...

Chahye and Dean...

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = 

I wonder... 

Now that I'm writing it and seeing how the story is unfolding in my head, even with long chapters, I think this going to reach more than 80 chapters.. And I'm so excited to share all these scenes with you guys! FIGHTING!