45..

Of Truth and Love

Hyoseob was waiting for Chahye and Jihye at the parking lot. They're classes were over and he agreed to have lunch with them. He was on his phone texting Miso. He was working with her on a new song and he had some ideas in his head that was waiting to be put through with a piano and a computer.

From: Miso
Why can't you come here early?

To: Miso
I have lunch with my sister and Chahye....

From: Miso
That girl again...

To: Miso
That girl happens to be my bestfriend, babo...

From: Miso
I'm prettier than her, you know... :P

To: Miso
But she isn't ugly either... :P

From: Miso
Are you saying I'm ugly?! ;~;

To: Miso
You're the one who said that. XD 

 

Hyoseob was smiling to himself when he felt a breath behind him. He looked to his right and there was Jihye already standing next to him. "Huh?! When did you get there?" he asked.
"A few minutes ago," answered his sister.
"You're too busy talking to Miso to even notice us," someone said from his left side.

Hyoseob leaned back and turned around to see Chahye sitting on the hood of his car looking over his shoulder. She wasn't even smiling.

"Why are you sitting on my car?!" said Hyoseob.
"There aren't any chairs to sit on here, you know," said Chahye as she jumped off. "And besides, that was the only way I could see what you were doing," she said smiling at him.
"You didn't even notice us come," said Jihye walking over to the passenger side of the car. 
"Are you dating Miso already, Seobbie-ah?" asked Chahye as she followed Jihye.
"No. I'm not. And I won't," he answered coolly.
The two girls looked at each other with smiles on their faces. "Wanna bet whether he will or not?" said Chahye.
"10,000won for will," said Jihye as she took her hand out.
"Call," smiled Chahye as they shook hands.
"Aish. You two betting on me again," said Hyoseob rolling his eyes at him.
"That's how much we love you," said Chahye sticking her tongue out.
"Get in the car already. I'm hungry," he said getting on the driver's seat.
"I'm telling you. He likes her," whispered Jihye as she opened the door to the passenger's seat.

The three had lunch at a restaurant in Itaewon. Jihye had to go straight to her studio to record some of her songs and Itaewon was the nearest. They dropped her off and Hyoseob and Chahye drove their way to her dance practice.

"So, are you dating Miso?" asked Chahye.
"I'm not," answered Hyoseob immediately.
"But you seem to like her, the way you looked at her during our dinner the other night," said Chahye with a smile.
"We're just good friends. You know I met her last year in KCON," he said as they drove through the highway towards Mapo-gu.
"You should start dating, Hyoseob," said Chahye crossing her arms.
"Would you at least give me time to forget about you, though? You are too insensitive sometimes," joked Hyoseob.
"Ha-ha-ha..." said Chahye as she leaned forward to his seat. "You can still love me though because I'll still love you until forever," she said.
Hyoseob grinned at her statement and reached his hand over his shoulder, pushing her face away from him. "Sit back down, will you?" he said laughing when he saw her face pouting through the front view mirror.

As they passed through the known restaurants through Mapo-gu, an idea came through Chahye's head.

"Could we stop by the Japanese restaurant at the fourth street to the left?" seh said pointing at the direction.
"Why?" asked Hyoseob.
"I wanted to get Dean sushi," she said.
"Dean huh?!" said Hyoseob teasingly.
"What? Is it wrong to do so?" said Chahye feeling her cheeks burn.
"Is this for giving him a hickey that lasted for 3 days?" he grinned through the mirror, making sure Chahye saw him.
"Shut up," sneered his bestfriend.
"The bite mark is still visible though. That must have hurt," smiled Hyoseob.
"That's what he gets for being such an ," said Chahye.
"Let me just remind you, Jin Chahye. Friends don't give each other a hickey," said Hyoseob as he drove along the parking space in front of the Japanese restaurant.
"What are you trying to say?! That I like Dean?!" said Chahye raising an eyebrow at him.
"Exactly," grinned Hyoseob.

~

Chahye stood at the foot of the stairs, thinking twice if she should really walk up to his studio. Dancers weren't allowed to come up there. Well, Dean or Jusen would usually sneak her up there, just as long as Dean's managers or the bosses doesn't see her. But she had 2 packs of sushi in her hands and she wanted to give it to him. "He would definitely smile when he sees this," she thought when she looked down at the packs in her hands.

2xxx! just came up the stairs with his earphones plugged into his ears. He saw Chahye at the stairs like she was cemented on the sixth level. He walked up behind her and tapped her shoulder. She almost jumped off the stairs when she turned around to look.

"Triple x... I thought... I thought it was someone else," said Chahye as she held onto her chest.
"If you stayed there a bit longer, someone else could have seen you. Where are you going?" he asked taking his earphones out.
"I... I was hoping to see Dean," she said.
"Oh. I should have known," said 2xxx! "I'm not sure if he's up there right now. But you can come with me. Let's see," he offered, walking up first, Chahye following him.

They reached the next landing and walked down the hall to Dean's studio. 2xxx! looked around first before knocking on the door and turning the knob around to open it. He looked inside and saw Dean on the table, head laying right next to his notepad.

"Yo!" he greeted.
"Yo! I just came," said 2xxx! walking inside. "Someone wanted to see you, too," he said allowing Chahye to walk in, flashing a wide smile at Dean.
"Waaaah! Jin Chahye!" cheered Dean as he lifted his head and stood up to greet her, his hands opened wide. Chahye and 2xxx! just looked at each other as he approached. "What? I just wanted a hug," said Dean.
2xxx! rolled his eyes at Dean and waved a hand in front of him. "Leave me out of your gay stuff, Kwon Hyuk. I'm going up to my studio," he said turning around and opening the door. "Oh. Millic said he'll drop by with Nello today. Call me when he does," he said as he closed the door behind him.

Dean and Chahye were left inside the studio. She coughed once as Dean opened his arms again.

"Aren't you really going to hug me?" he asked.
"No," she answered walking over to his table where his notepad was spread out.
"Then why are you here?" he asked following her.
"I bought you something," she said as she placed the packs of sushi on the table, pushing his notepad aside. "It's your favorite," she said smiling.
"Woah. Is that sushi?" asked Dean as he pulled his chair from under the table and sitting down.
Chahye was standing right next to him as she laid out the packs and opened them for him. "Yes," she said.
"Aaw. This is so sweet of you," smiled Dean hugging Chahye by her waist. She just smiled at his actions as she split a pair of chopsticks and giving it to him. "Isn't it nice? This makes me feel like my girlfriend is feeding me," smiled Dean as she sat down beside him.
"Shut up. I am not your girlfriend," said Chahye grinning.
"You soon will be. I trust in that," smiled Dean as he took a piece of sushi and shot it straight inside his mouth, savoring the flavor and enjoying his favorite food in the whole wide world. "Aaaww.. This is amazing," he said. 

Chahye just watched him eat happily. Dean took another two pieces and eating it before sitting back on his chair and relaxing.

"I haven't had lunch yet, actually. I was busy thinking, I didn't notice what time it is," said Dean putting his chopsticks down.
"Busy working on a song?" asked Chahye.
"Yes. Well, it's a new song. I just felt like I wanted to finish it already because it's such a good song," said Dean with a wide smile.
"Then maybe I should leave you already so you can concentrate," said Chahye as she put both hands on the table, ready to push herself away and go.
But Dean grabbed her wrist and made her stay. She sat back down. "We have a lot to talk about," he said.

Somehow, Chahye didn't like the idea that they had some things to talk about. When it's Dean, nothing is too sure. She watched him take another piece of sushi before putting it whole in his mouth and chew. He placed the chopsticks back down and faced her. 

"First, off," he started as he swallowed whatever remained inside his mouth. "I still hate you for that hickey you gave me. And I just wanted to tell you that your cousins forced the truth out of me last night when we had a drink together. They know it was from you," he explained.
"And what did they say?" she asked.
"Well, Zico... He was kinda laughing at the thought that you kissed me. I don't know. He said something like you could be a tease whenever you felt like it. And I sort of believe him," smiled Dean. Chahye just raised an eyebrow at him. "Taewoon hyung though...."
"Did he cuss at you?" she asked.
"He said... 'You motherer better not make me catch the two of you making out or else'. That's what he said," said Dean imitating Taewoon's voice. "I don't think he'll ever catch us though," he smiled.
"He won't because that would never happen," she said crossing her arms in front of her.
"Why do you even say that, Jin Chahye? When you know perfectly well that we have made out numerous times already without anyone knowing," said Dean with his usual playful smirk.
"Oh please, Kwon Hyuk," she said rolling her eyes at him.
Dean smiled as he knew he hit another nerve in her. "Anyway, the next thing is... I was wondering..." he started. He was thinking twice if he was really going to ask. Even for himself, it was too awkward to talk about it.
"About what?" said Chahye when she sensed his hesitation.
"I was wondering if... if you're... if you're okay?" he said.
"What... What do you mean?" asked Chahye.
"I mean... It's been weeks since... Since we had ... I was just wondering if you aren't getting sick... or... what do they call that..."
"Are you asking me if I'm pregnant?!"
"Uhm.... yes? Sort of. I don't know."
"You did not just ask me that."

Chahye stood up and wanted to walk over to the door. But Dean was fast enough to get up and grab her wrist.

"It's just a question, Chahye. I want to know," he asked pulling her closer.
She pulled her arm away from him and huffed. "Kwon Hyuk. No. I am not pregnant. Remember? I just had my red days. If I was pregnant, I shouldn't have a visit in 3 months. I will not be pregnant. I will not be pregnant with your child. Never," she said.
"Was it because you took the Plan-B tablet?" he quickly added.
"What?! How did you.... Honey J," said Chahye when she realized where he could have gotten that bit of information.
"So you did?" he asked.
"I... I did..." answered Chahye avoiding his stare.
"Are you sure that's safe? Shouldn't you be going to a doctor and asking if that method fits you? What if you get an infection? A side-effect?" he asked with worry.
"I don't need a doctor. I would only need to see one if I took that pill at a later time. I got one from Honey's box as soon as I woke up. And that was around 3 in the morning," she said replaying the scenes from the horrible morning.
"You woke up that early?! And you didn't get back to sleep until I woke up at 9?! Were you crazy, Jin Chahye?!" asked Dean.
"Look. You don't care what I did after that, okay!? That's why I told you to leave. How was I supposed to sleep when you were there? When all I see was darkness?! When I was hearing his voice..." she stopped abruptly and spaced out. She slowly turned to look at Dean and his mouth was open in wonder. "Forget about it. You didn't hear anything," she said turning around.

Dean didn't understand what she last said about the darkness and voices. Was she talking about that night and him and his voice while they were making out? It didn't make sense. But judging at how Chahye was avoiding his eyes, he knew he wouldn't be getting any answers if he continued questioning it. 

"Okay. I didn't hear anything. But one last question," he said making her look at him. "What were those letters inside the TV cabinet?" he asked.
And as if a switched was flicked, Chahye's face turned into rage from discomfort. "I'm going," she said turning around, dashing straight to the door.
"Chahye. Please. I just asked because they were bothering me. I didn't mean to snoop around," he said following her. 

But as Chahye turned the knob to open the door and go, a head popped inside and greeted her.

"Hi Cha!"

It was Millic.

"Hi noona!" greeted the head from under Millic's.
"Nello," hummed Chahye as she smiled to see him.
The two stood inside and stood by the door, making Chahye unable to come out. "So, what's up? Why are you here, Cha?" asked Millic.
"I... I just brought Dean some food," she answered faking a smile.
"Oh. Food. I haven't had lunch yet," said Punchnello rubbing his stomach as he walked over to the table.
"What did you bring him?" asked Millic.
"Hyung!" called Punchnello. "It's sushi!" he shouted.
"Eh? Really?" said Millic rushing towards Punchnello. "Aaaww.. How sweet of your girlfriend to bring you your favorite food, Hyuk," he said with a sheepish smile.
"I am not his girlfriend," said Chahye rolling her eyes at them.
"Hey hey hey! Don't eat those!" said Dean hitting the back of Punchnello's head lightly. "Those are mine," he said sternly.
"I just wanted one," said Punchnello pouting.

Just as Dean pulled the boy away, his bestfriend already took his chopsticks and picked up a piece and ate it up.

"Yah! Cheon Seunghyun!" shouted Dean.
"Don't be too greedy. You have enough to eat," said Millic running away from him and hid behind Chahye. "You can't hurt me when Chahye's around," he said sticking his tongue out.
Chahye raised both of her arms in surrender and turned around to walk to the door. "I'm out of here!" she said leaving Millic there as Dean reached for his arm.
"Don't leave me here, Cha! He'll torment me in the name of sushi!" said Millic in English.

Chahye only responded by sticking her tongue out and stepping out of the studio. Dean locked Millic's neck with his arm and ruffled his hair. 

"Aish. You're just showing off for Chahye," said Punchnello as he ate 2 pieces of sushi at the same time, filling up his mouth.
"Aish! Nello! Urgh!" said Dean as he released Millic and walked over to the table. He took the packs of sushi and enclosed it in his arms. "That's enough, you two," he said almost in tears. "This is sushi. And Chahye gave it to me. Let us have our alone time," he said almost sing-songingly.
"Aish. You're too cheesy," said Millic patting his shoulder and looking over to the table. He sneaked his arm through the space and snatched another piece with the chopsticks in his hand.
"CHEON SEUNGHYUN!" shouted Dean.

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

Should I do more fun and sweet chapters?! XD I'm just lighting the feel since we had a lot of emotional chapters. :D Hope you guys loved it!