19..

Of Truth and Love

"Do you like her?"
"Maybe. Why do you ask?"
"I'm not joking around, Dean. Get away from her if you're just gonna play."
"And what if I don't? What if I'm serious?"
"If you're serious, there's only two things you have to remember. First, with her once and Zico's gonna kill you and prepare your grave. Second, if you ever survive, I'm gonna break your face."
"Funny. Zico already told me that. Did you get the same warning him?"
"That's between him and me."
"You said so."
"Look. I'm in no position to tell Chahye who to like or not. She is a mysterious woman and if you can't respect her, you can walk away already."
"I have no plans to give up, hyung."
"Then good luck."
"I hope this doesn't get in between our work hyung."
"Tell that to yourself."
"I'll remind myself."
"Good."
"Remind yourself to not let Chahye meet Miso, too."
" you, Dean."
"And just an advice, hyung. Before you come meddling with my relationship with her, why don't you handle your feud with Haesol hyung first?"
"You stay out of that."

It amused Dean while he played back in his head the conversation he had with Crush last night at the studio. It amazes him how both him and Zico warned him seriously about Chahye. She looks harmless. Why give me warnings as if she could end my life? "I wonder what her secrets are," he thought as he spinned in his chair.

He decided to go down to the dance studio early and tell the dancers they were expecting some guests. But his door swung open, his friends stepping inside, Millic, Punchnello, 0Channel and Colde. "What are you guys doing here?" he asked.
"We just dropped someone at your dance studio," smiled Punchnello.
"Huh?!" said Dean cluelessly.
"Jin Chahye. We brought her here," said Millic with a smile.
"Wait. What?" asked Dean. "You were with her?"
"Yup! We went to the cafe she was working at," said Punchnello. "Ah. She looks really popular with the customers," he said dreamily.
"It's the way she smiles at people, I'm telling you," said Colde pointing at him.
"How did you know where she works?" asked Dean.
"She told us the other night that she was friends with Incredivle. We met him today at HIGHGRND and he told us where she works," said 0channel.
"It wasn't hard looking for it. It's the cafe five streets away from here," said Millic.
"And guess what. Chahye knows Hyukoh band, too," said Punchnello excitingly. "She is so cool."
"Inwoo even said they used to sleep over with her," said 0channel.
"Really? Where is she now?" asked Dean.
"She's already in the dance studio. I don't think someone else is there yet," said Millic.
"Well, anyway, we gotta go," said Colde. "We need to go back to HIGHGRND."
"We're gonna be signing soon," said Millic going to the door.
"Good luck then," said Dean grabbing Punchnello's neck. "I'll be going down and see Chahye."

They all went down and dropped by the studio where Chahye was. She was alone. It was still 30 minutes before their schedule. Millic knocked on the door and opened it, Chahye turning around quick to see him. And just like a child, Chahye jumped at his sight and greeted him energetically. Dean just stood at the door, watching them.
"Millic!" she greeted.
"Hey! Just dropped by to say goodbye," he said stepping inside, the others behind him.
"Are you guys going home?" she asked.
"No. We'll be going to HIGHGRND. Anything you want us to do?" asked Punchnello.
"Yeah. Say hi to Hyeontae and Hyukoh band for me, okay?" smiled Chahye.
"Sure will. Bye, Chahye," said 0channel ruffling her untied hair.
"Don't do that," she said pushing his arm away smiling.
"See you, Cha!" Millic said as he waved goodbye.

The boys left and Chahye continued tying her hair up. Dean closed the door behind him and leaned against it. "Millic calling you Cha, eh. Well, didn't you get friendly with them real quick," he said.
"They're cool. I think Millic is the coolest though," said Chahye happily. "And they know Hyeontae. They're gonna be part of the same label as Hyukkie and Inwoo."
"Hyukkie?" he said raising an eyebrow.
"Hyukkie. Oh Hyuk. He's my friend," smiled Chahye.
"For a moment there, I thought you were talking about me," smiled Dean as he walked over to her.
"Why you?" she asked looking back at him. Then, like a light bulb suddenly , she realized. "Right. You're Kwon Hyuk," she said nodding. "I wouldn't call you Hyukkie though. That's weird."
"I'd let you call me anything anyway," smiled Dean as he stood right beside her. "Are my friends cool?" he asked.
"Yes, they are," she answered.
"How about me? Am I cool for you?" he asked walking around to face her, leaning down.
Chahye looked at him and lifted a hand to his chest. "Would you stop doing that?" she said pushing him away.
"Why? You used to like it," smirked Dean still standing in front of her.
"That was a mistake, Dean. I blame your music for it, too," she said.
"You love my songs and you know it," grinned Dean leaning back down.
Chahye just looked at him and sighed. "I do. But that doesn't mean I like you, too," she said walking away. But Dean was fast enough to grab her hand and turn her around, holding her in his arms. Chahye leaned back for a good distance from his head, both arms against his chest. "Let go of me," she said.
"Didn't I tell you you're mine? You will end up liking me, Chahye. I'm sure of it," said Dean smiling at her.

And she saw it, the sweet smile he makes. She stopped pushing herself away and sighed. "I hate you. I really do," she said making Dean lean back a little, an eyebrow raised at her. "You shouldn't be spending all of your time getting me. It would be a waste, Dean," she said looking down.
"A waste of time? Jin Chahye, if wasting time is for you, it's all going to be worth it," he said with a grin, lifting a hand and putting it against her chin, making her look up at him again. He was about to lean in for a kiss when they both heard the door click open.

Chahye had to push him away with all force and compose herself. Minhwan stepped inside saying "Good afternoon," with all of the other dancers and saw the two facing each other uncomfortably. "Dean... Chahye... Are you two all right?" he said throwing his bag aside and rushing to her side.
Chahye looked at him and smiled. "I'm fine oppa. I was just..," she tried to say.
"I was bothering her. She was practicing and I kept on teasing her," said Dean.
"Teasing her of what?" asked Eunji.
"Of how she became so skinny after 3 weeks. It's crazy," said Dean in a mocking smile, almost believably.
Minhwan looked at Chahye and saw that she scrunched her nose at Dean's comment. "Well, you did become a lot skinnier than the day you first stepped in this studio. But I guess that's just fine," he said.
"You know, you two, sometimes I don't get how you dance so well together despite being enemies during rehearsals," said Eunji.
"I don't understand it as well," said Chahye turning around and walking to the bench, truthfully getting annoyed from Dean. "How does he act that good in front of other people?" she asked herself.
"I was just joking," said Dean with a laugh.
"Come on, guys. Enough of the teasing and playing around. We're supposed to rehearse today with Dean's featured artists," said Eunji.
"Zico and DoK2 will be joining us later so gather around and let's go through everything once," said Minhwan clapping his hands and calling them to gather.

Chanhye stood behind the group and listened while Minhwan talked. Dean walked behind them to go back to his studio and wait for the two other rappers joining them. He purposely walked right behind Chahye, brushing his arms against hers to get her attention. "I wonder what Zico would say later," he whispered and walked away. Chahye breathed deep and looked to her left to see Dean already at the door, smiling. She rolled her eyes at him and raised her left middle finger.

Not even an hour later, the door to the dance studio opened again and came in Dean, with his usual playful smirk. Right behind him was the rapper, DoK2, who Chahye knew, he was probably the only rapper she knew all of the songs to. Then right behind him was Zico and Babylon. Chahye smiled so wide, Zico had to give it back.

"Everyone, please welcome my friends, DoK2 hyung, Zico hyung and Babylon hyung," said Dean standing aside to show the dancers the men he was with.
"Hello," greeted DoK2. "Please take care of us," he continued bowing to the dancers, the other two following. 
"Great. Then let's get this practice going," said Minhwan clapping his hands together.

As everyone got ready for their positions, Zico ran towards where Chahye was and hugged her. "Oppa, we've just been together the other day," she said.
"I'm just happy," he said.
"Why?" she said looking up.
"Because my manager said I didn't have to perform the songs off of my new album on stage. That was a relief!" he said letting her go, a big smile on his face.
"Really? Then great. National TV won't ever be hearing you sing live," teased Chahye.

Chahye held onto his arms and turned to watch what the dancers were up to. But then they realized that all eyes were on them. No one dared to speak. They didn't even dare to blink. The cousins looked at each other then back at them.

"What...are you two doing?" asked Minhwan.
"Talking?" said Zico.
Babylon walked over to them, while pointing at Chahye. "Is she...Chahye-ssi? Your cousin?" he said. The cousins nodded in unison, both with a grin on their faces.
"Cousin?!" they heard everyone react.
"It's nice to finally meet you, Chahye," said Babylon taking her hand, shaking it and eventually leaving a kiss on the back of her palm. This made Dean jealous and he started pushing the dancers in front of him away just to get to where she was. Chahye's grip on Zico's arm tightened but he assured her it was all right. "Jiho, Taewoon and Crush has told me so much about you," said Babylon letting her go.
"Oh. Really? I'm glad to meet you, too, the oppa from Boys And Girls," answered Chahye with a smile.
DoK2 also approached Chahye and greeted her. "I never thought the brothers would have a relative as pretty as you," said Dok2.
"I sometimes ask myself if I'm really their cousin or not," laughed Chahye.
"Wait...You mean, we've been dancing here for a month already with Zico's cousin? And no one even knew?" said Minhwan.
"Did you know?" Eunji asked Dean.
"No. I just discovered the truth last Tuesday," he answered.
"Why dance here if you could train under Seven Seasons?" asked Eunji.
"I'm not really meant to be an idol. I just like dancing and that's that," answer Chahye.
"I am mind blown," said Minhwan.
"This is actually cool," said one of the male dancers.
"Let's see what Zico says after he sees our performance with Dean," said Eunji.
"You know, that's a great idea," said Minhwan. "Why don't we start the practice now. Let's start with I Love It!"