66...

Of Truth and Love

It was almost 3 in the morning when Chahye woke up. She felt the chill from her toes up, the blanket not covering all of her legs. She felt movement from below and slowly opened her eyes. He was awake and drumming his fingers along to the music, the stars still dancing all over the car. She heard the music playing and she felt a smile creep into her sleepy face.

"Have you even slept, ami?" asked Chahye when he saw Dean sitting on the driver's seat, a notebook and pen in his hands.
He looked around surprised and saw her looking at him. "Ami... Good morning," he smiled. "I did. I'm fine. I'm just finishing this."
"What is that anyway?" she asked.
"A song," he answered.
"Always, always doing work," said Chahye.
"I just had a very good idea because of what we talked about last night," he smiled. "I'm supposed to do lyrics for a song for Taeyeon noona."
"Taeyeon? Of SeoNyeoShiDae?" asked Chahye.
"Yes," he answered.
"Woah. I didn't know you were working for her. I only knew about Heize eonnie," she said slowly getting up.
"I'm sorry. I wasn't supposed to take it. But I just had ideas because of last night," answered Dean pouting. "Please don't be jealous."
"I'm not jealous. I'm just thinking," she said.
"About what?" he asked.
"About how it would help you if you worked with anyone from SM. You're sure to get big. Their fans are crazy," said Chahye hugging her knees.
"I know. But I'm not hoping for that. I just hope they like the song," smiled Dean.
"What's it gonna be called anyway?" she asked.
"Starlight," smiled Dean as he got up from his seat and leaned closer to her. "You are my starlight," he added before kissing her another time.

~

Chahye was all done with the rehearsals and was excited to go home. Byul invited him to have a drink with Hyeontae and Young Jay. He was about to go to Europe for a tour and he wanted to treat his friends. And of course, if it's a chance to drink, Chahye won't ever say no.

"See you on Monday, Chahye!" said Kiyoung as she slipped away with Junyoung.
"See you!" waved Chahye as she pushed her shirt inside her bag before closing it and slinging it behind her.

She was about to walk over the stairs when she heard too many shuffling feet coming from the other end. She stopped and waited. Just then one of the managers took a turn and was soon walking towards her. It was a group of almost 10 people. She recognized some of them as the managers, but there were 3 people she hasn't seen before.

"This is where the dancers rehearse," she heard one of them say which made her step aside and wait.

She saw Jeffrey at the back of the group, behind an old man with a cane in his hands. It looked like everyone's attention was focused on him. Even Chahye had to stare at him, especially at his deep, welcoming eyes that happened to have caught her stare.

"And you are, my darling?" the old man asked as the group passed by Chahye.
"She's one of our dancers, sir," answered one of the managers. Chahye bowed her head as respect.
"I see," said the old man.
"Her name is Jin Chahye," said Jeffrey.
Chahye raised her head immediately to look at Jeffrey. He avoided her stare and went back to talk to the old man. "She is Kwon Hyuk-ssi's girlfriend," he said.
"Annyeonghaseyo," greeted Chahye once more and bowed.
The old man looked at Jeffrey then back at her, their eyes locking into each other. "Isn't Hyuk-ssi lucky to have a girl as pretty as you," he smiled. "But shouldn't you already be home, young girl?"
"I was just about to," smiled Chahye as she felt the warmness in his voice.
"Well, go on. Run along. Enjoy your Friday night," he said smiling at her. "I hope you're not yet late for your date," he added.
Chahye grinned shyly. "We... We're not going out tonight, sir," she said.
"Hyuk-ssi is at SM Entertainment right now finishing work," said Jeffrey.
"Ah. I see. Is it hard being in a relationship with someone famous?" the old man asked. Chahye shyly smiled and shook her head. "Hmmm. I see. Well, you better run along," he said moving aside so Chahye could pass.
"Thank you," bowed Chahye before quickly passing through the group and straight to the stairs.

The old man watched her go with a big smile on his face. "She was a great addition to the dance team," nodded one of the managers. "She looks like a wonderful person," smiled the old man.

~

"Ah. I miss Chahye noona," pouted Punchnello as he laid his head on the table.
"Pass me that soda, would you?" said 0channel pointing at the can beside Punchnello's head.
"Where is she anyway?" asked Camper.
"She's out with her friends. Andup, Incredivle and Young Jay. He's a rapper," said Dean.
"Isn't that Young Jay of GUE?" said Colde.
"Gue?" asked Camper.
"Guereallaz. It's a crew," said Millic walking back to the sofa with a fan of beer.
"Chahye knows a lot of people," said Colde throwing himself into the sofa.
"Why didn't you go with her?" asked Camper.
"I was at SM. And besides, I didn't want to bother her with her friends. I already had her all week," said Dean sitting right next to 0channel.
"Is it true you brought Jeffrey's mini Cooper to her place?" asked Colde.
"Yeah. She liked it," smiled Dean as he opened the pack of chips.
"What did you do inside eh?" asked Punchnello mischievously.
"The , Nello. Shut your mouth," said 0channel.
"What?! I'm just asking," grinned the maknae.
"I bet they kissed. They always do," said Millic laughing.
"Anything more though?!" asked Colde.
"I bet this place has Chahye's , too," said 0channel.
"What?!" shouted Millic.
"What the hyung?!" shouted Punchnello.
"You did not just say that!" said Camper pointing at 0channel.
"What?! Don't tell me you haven't screwed Chahye yet?! That is so not you, Kwon Hyuk," said 0channel.
"Can we stop talking about Chahye like this? It's getting awkward," said Millic standing up, his arms around himself.
"Shut up, guys," said Dean with a big grin on his face.

The doorbell to Dean's apartment rang and they all looked at the door. Camper pushed Punchnello to open it. The boy approached the door and opened it. "They're here," he said walking back to the sofa. "Yo!" they all greeted as the other four members walked in, Miso, Crush, Jusen and 2xxx!.

"Always together recently huh?" teased 0channel as he saw Crush walking closely to Miso.
"Shut up," said Miso rolling her eyes at him, taking the empty seat beside Punchnello. "Where's your girlfriend, Hyuk?" she asked.
"She's out with some friends," answered Crush.
"Are you Hyuk?!" asked Miso raising an eyebrow at him.
"No. But I know where she is. I was supposed to be with her," answered Crush.
"And let me guess," started Camper. "You decided to leave her alone and tail onto Miso?" 
"Gotcha!" snapped Crush with a wink. Everyone started to laugh. "Just barely though. They went drinking at some club in Itaewon. Andup's treat. I don't go there. I don't drink with Andup or the guys from Buckwilds. They're crazy when they get too drunk," said Crush taking one of the stools and dragging it closer to the sofas, placing it right next to Dean's.
"Makes you wonder how Chahye stays as friends with them," smiled Colde.
"Oh. Speaking of Chahye..." said Jusen as he sat on the couch. "She met the president earlier."
"President?" asked Punchnello.
"President of Joombas. He dropped by the office earlier," said Jusen.
"Wait... You said what now?!" said Dean reaching out to Jusen with wide eyes.
"I didn't see it. Jeffrey hyung just told me," said Jusen. "He said Chahye was about to go home when the president and his team were walking around and saw her near the stairs. The president looked like he liked her."
"Woah... Chahye is really something eh?" said 0channel.
"Even getting the old guys' attention," said Millic pouting. 

 

~

It was almost 3 in the morning when Dean's crew all decided to go home. He was left alone in his apartment feeling dazed as he took 2 bottles of beer while they hung out together. He lied on his back on his bed, his stare whirling as he looked up at the ceiling.

He was thinking of one thing at the moment. Jin Chahye. He hasn't heard of her ever since she told him she'd go out with friends. He wanted to call her but he knew that the last thing Chahye would want is to have her sleep disturbed at this time of the morning. He definitely didn't need another one of her moody fits.

He rolled in his bed and faced his drawer, pulling his phone out of it. No messages. No missed calls. Nothing.

"I swear, you always make me go crazy," he told himself.

He rolled and lied on his back once again. his phone in his hand, his eyes shut. He could feel the alcohol going up to his head. He needed to sleep. But just as he already decided to get some well-deserved rest, his phone started ringing. He didn't bother looking at who it was anymore and just stuck the screen to his ear.

"Yeoboseyo?"
"Why didn't you call me?!"
"Chahye? Is this you?"
"Who else?! Who are you expecting you to call at this hour?!"
"No one. But there could be a number of names I can think of."
"Hmpft... "
"What's the problem? Why are you still awake at this hour?"
"I just got home."
"You... What?!" Dean got up from his bed and checked the time on his phone. Already 12 minutes past 3 in the morning. "Where the have you been, JIn Chahye? Do you know what time it is already?!"
"I know. And you don't need to worry. I was just with Andup and the others."
"You guys went drinking until this time?!"
"No. Well... We drank some but we really went and watched this band perform at a club there. Do you know Room306? We saw them at this club and they were amazing. That's where we bought some drinks. Then we went to this dart arcade. More drinks. Of course. Then CJamm and Keebo came, too. We went and had a snack at this burger joint and they walked me home. Nice huh?"
"Sound like you had fun."
"I did. And you?"
"Huh?"
"Didn't you had fun with your crew? Seobbie oppa told me you all hung out, too."
"We did. But why do you always call Hyoseob hyung as 'oppa' and I just get a 'Dean' from you?!"
"Because you're not my oppa."
"Aish."
"You're my ami..."
"I love you..."
"I have a favor to ask you, Dean."
"I said I love you."
"And I heard it."
"Why don't you even answer it?"
"Fine. I love you, too."
"Good. Now what's the favor?"
"Come with me tomorrow."
"Huh? Where?"
"Just... Somewhere."
"Tomorrow? Sunday?"
"Yes. You have more than enough time to get some sleep and appear decent."
"Decent? Where are we exactly going?"
"Stop asking questions, Kwon Hyuk. Good night."
"Jin Chahye."
"What?"
"I love you..."

She didn't answer. Neither did Dean speak. He was waiting. He could hear her breaths. Why was she hesitating? But he wouldn't speak. Not before her. And finally she did.

"Kwon Hyuk...," she hummed sweetly. "Please don't wait for me to always answer back when you say you love me. You know I'm not used to this."
"I thought you would have already realized that I'm a cheesy motherer who's always waiting for a chance to kiss you," teased Dean he heard her muffled giggle and smiled himself.
"Aish, ami... Sleep already, will you? I'm about to go inside our room," she said, her voice getting softer.
"I love you, Jin Chahye, repeated Dean.
She sighed but Dean knew she was smiling. "I love you, too, Hyuk. I love you."

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

HI GUYS!

So I know, it's been quite a while since my last update. I was just really occupied with a lot of things. That incident when Dean deleted his IG definitely affected me too much. mygahd! Well, now he's back. I'm back as well. LOL I hope I can continue with the updates so often. I have too much to do. I have interiews. My mom's birthday is coming up. Then I have gatherings to go to. There's Lee Hi's showcase in Manila happneing on Sept.23, too. I HAVE TO GET READY FOR THAT! OH MY GOHN. I'm gonna be busy until; November, I guess. XD Oh well...

Thank you so much to all the subscribers and readers and people who leave down comments! Appreciate it so much.! I apologize for this lame chapter. I just needed to show it and you guys need to read it. And we all need to realize some things about Dean and Chahye. omo. EXCITING.!

ppyong~