64..

Of Truth and Love

Chahye was once again the last dancer to go home. Somehow, she was hoping that Dean would drop by and pick her up.

"He's not gonna be doing that," she told herself as she took a last look at the mirrors.

She picked her bag up and walked over to the door. She has been ignoring his tries to talk to her after that day he saw her letters. He shouldn't have seen that. No. That was the last thing she wanted him to meddle with and it somehow got into his hands. However, she started feeling regretful since she knew he was about to leave for America and be spending a long time there and they still haven't been able to talk about it. What if he starts to become tired of her while he's away?

"No. That can't be," she told herself. She turned the lights off inside the studio and stepped out. "Aish. What am I even thinking of?!" she grumbled into a stop right in the middle of the hallway. 

"Leaving already?" a voice form behind her said. She quickly turned around and hung open in shock. It was Jeffrey, standing at the end of the hall, near the stairs. She bowed to greet him. "You're spending way too much time inside the studio recently. Were you waiting for Dean?" he asked.
"Uhm... Yes..." she said avoiding his eyes. She was just hoping he'd take her home. She wasn't expecting Dean to actually appear.

Jeffrey noticed how she seemed distant and avoiding him. He walked closer to her and stopped almost a meter away. 

"You two aren't in good terms huh?"
"Huh? How did you... How did you know?"
"Dean hasn't been in the mood lately as well. Not unless he's with his friends."
"Oh..."
"You two should just talk. He's a nice guy."
"I... I know..."
"He loves you."
"I love him, too."

Chahye finally gave him a faint smile and Jeffrey grinned.

"Aren't you thinking of quitting your job here though?" he asked in English.
"Huh?! Why should I even do that?" she asked in English as well, surprised by his question and choice of language.
"I just thought so..." said Jeffrey.
"I... I thought you were on our side? I thought the management was cool with us," said Chahye, finally understanding that he didn't want anyone to understand their conversation.
"We all are," smiled Jeffrey. "But it would be too problematic if you stayed."
"How come?" she asked.
"Because you might see him here," said Jeffrey.
"See who?" asked Chahye raising an eyebrow at him.
"The person you wanted to avoid as much as possible," answered Jeffrey matter-of-factly. Chahye's mouth opened to answer back but she couldn't sum up all the questions she had with just his statement. "You don't read his letters, do you? Don't you even use the money he sends you?" he asked.
"How do you.... How do you know about that?!" she asked feeling her heart beat faster. How does he know it? Did Dean tell him? Impossible. Dean doesn't know who the letters are from.
"He's going to visit this place soon. You better get yourself ready," he said.
"Do you... Do you know him?" asked Chahye.

As they were talking, Dean was also coming down the stairs with his bag. He saw the two talking and immediately recognized that they were using English. He walked over to Chahye and in.

"Are you two talking about someone?" he asked in English as well.

Both Chahye and Jeffrey darted their eyes to Dean and was obviously startled by his presence. Chahye looked back at Jeffrey who was now smiling. 

"I was asking if she knew about BeWhy. I remember seeing Millic with him," lied Jeffrey, covering both his and Chahye's asses. He now used Korean and Chahye knew she had to ride along.
"Oh. They're friends. Right, Chahye?" said Dean.
"Uhm... Yes. I told him. I... I was just surprised he knew Byungyoon," smiled Chahye.
"Well, I just saw him. Haven't really talked to BeWhy. I might though, in the future," smiled Jeffrey.
"I... I see," said Chahye.
"Well, I'll be leaving you two alone. I need to do a couple of errands from home. See you," smiled Jeffrey before descending the stairs.
"See you, hyung," smiled Dean before bowing.

Chahye did the same but she was hesitant. What exactly is he talking about? How come he knows about the letters and money? And what does he mean by him being at Joombas? Who is he?

"Are you all right, Chahye?" asked Dean when he noticed how unfocused she was.
"Huh?! I... Yes... I'm all right," she answered looking up at him. 

She then remembered what Jeffrey said. She should quit dancing and leave Joombas if she wanted to avoid him. She didn't understand why. But something at the back of her head made her believe she should do just that. 

She didn't answer Dean's questions and just sprinted to the stairs and walked down. "Hey... Wait up," said Dean following her. But she didn't stop. She wanted to get home and think. But suddenly an arm grabbed hers. She turned around and saw him. "Are you really all right?" asked Dean. "Are you... Are you still mad at me?!"

She heard him, she knew. But her head was spinning with a lot of thoughts and couldn't answer back. They stared at each other for a good while on the second floor landing. One of the doors to the accounting team suddenly opened and Dean had to let Chahye go. It was one of the company's accountants. She saw the two and bowed. Dean did, too. Chahye only looked, still lost in her thoughts, thoughts she couldn't tell the man in front of her yet. The accountant walked by towards the comfort rooms and Dean looked back at Chahye.

"Are you all right?" he asked.
"I... I'm not mad at you," she finally spoke up. "I... I just need to get home, " she said making her way down the stairs.
Dean followed her. "Then talk to me. I miss you," he said.
Chahye stopped at the foot of the stairs and looked up at him. "If you're free..." she started, still trying to put her thoughts aside for the moment. "Drop by my apartment, please," she said before turning around and walking out of the building.

Dean just stood there, surprised that the way Chahye said her last words were more of a command than request. It dawned over him that it only meant Chahye needed him.

He watched her disappear in the streets and decided to walk back up to his studio when he heard his name called. It was Jusen and 2xxx! "Yo," he greeted them.
"Hey. Where are you going?" asked Jusen.
"Up to my studio. You guys?" asked Dean.
"Just went out with Dellyboi hyung to think. He's smoking," said 2xxx!.
"Was that Chahye? The girl that just left?" asked Jusen.
"Yeah," answered Dean.
"Have you two talked already?" asked 2xxx!
"Not yet. But maybe later. I'm going up now. You?" said Dean.
"Sure," said Jusen following him. 
"Did you hear the news, Hyuk?" asked 2xxx!.
"The president's gonna visit the company soon," said Jusen.
"The president?" repeated Dean, unsure of what they meant.
"The president of Joombas? One of the biggest stakeholders of Universal Music?" said Jusen.
"Oh. Right. I never met him. What's his name again? Jin...." said Dean.
"Jin Bada," said 2xxx!.
"Right. I haven't heard about him for like... Three years now. Good thing he wanted to visit," smiled Dean as they walked up.
"They are planning to take the business to London so I guess that's why," said 2xxx!.
"And besides, with your popularity, he's bound to show his face now," said Jusen.
"Have you seen him before?" asked Dean.
"Not me," said Jusen.
"We were talking to Dellyboi hyung about it, too. Looks like he hasn't seen him ever, too," said 2xxx!.
"Do you think Jeffrey knows him? Hyuk Shin hyung?" asked Dean.
"Probably Hyuk Shin hyung..." answered Jusen.
"This is exciting," said 2xxx!.
"What's so exciting about meeting the president of the company you're working for?" grinned Dean.
"Hmmm... How about asking for a raise?" laughed 2xxx!.
Jusen and Dean laughed along. "You're not gonna get it man," teased Dean.
"Coming from the guy who gets paid for flashing his face to public," said 2xxx!
"Right. Do you know what I heard?" asked Jusen. The other boys focused their attention to him. "I heard the president has a daughter. And that she was pretty," he continued excitingly.
"Ah. I don't need another girl," smiled Dean waving his hands in front of him.
"Of course, you don't need another girl. You already have Chahye," said 2xxx! "But... Isn't that awkward that you want to meet his daughter? What if she's already married?" he asked.
"How old is the president anyway?" asked Dean.
"Around 70, I think," said Jusen.
"Dream on pal... His daughter must be 50 already or something," said Dean. 
"But I heard the managers talk about it. They said he had a young daughter," said Jusen.
"I won't bet on it," said 2xxx!
"If I'm right, you can't even get to say hi to her," said Jusen challenging his friend.
"Deal," said 2xxx!

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

Just a short and relevant chapter for now. :D