55..

Of Truth and Love

She saw herself basking in the sun, at a beach she was never familiar with. It was the first time she's ever seen the scenery: blue sky, white clouds hovering above, fine sand, the peaceful sound of the waves slowly crashing onto the shore as its heart pulled it back to the depths of the ocean. There wasn't even a person in sight. It was just her and the waters. And peace. Peace she was never familiar with before. She sat on the sand, her feet planted between where the water rests after its contact with land. It tickled her feet, the warmth and embrace of the tips of the peaceful ocean. She heard her name called coming from behind.

Her light.

He walked closer to her and was soon sitting beside her, their arms lightly brushing against each other. She didn't need to see his face or feel him all around her. Him being right there was enough to put her heart at rest. No more tears. No more trembling cries. No more sleepless nights. No more screams. No more grief. 

Just as she rested her head on his shoulders, the sky started turning dark. Was it sunset already? It couldn't be. She felt him rest his head on hers and she smiled again as she looked back down to the waters.

Blood.

It wasn't water splashing onto the sand anymore. It was blood. Red thick blood. She gasped and pushed away from it, leaving him there.

But it wasn't his light anymore.

"Eomma..." she said as she saw the body fall onto the floor now transformed into the cold tiled floor of their house, a place she has forgotten 12 years ago. Her head rested itself against her leg and she started shaking. There was a smaller body creeping itself nearer to her side and she reached for it.

But he was right at the door, blocking the only way she knew they would be safe. She never dared to move in the presence of the monster. She knew she was turning white and it felt as though all of the soul in her fragile body was being out of her. The monster raised his arm and a sharp glisten emulated from its hand, the same object that made the body in front of her drop dead.

"There is no escape," the monster bellowed.

Her heart stopped as the small body enveloped her with an embrace. She had to stay alive at least for this entity trusting its life with her. She had to but her body and mind were slowly giving up.

With the remaining strength in her arms, she raised them, her palm facing the evil in front of them. "Please... Don't...." she pleaded at her best.

And as quick as a breath, light once again enveloped her, the monster disappearing through smoke.

 

~

 

With Daejung's pleading, Crush agreed to keep an eye on Chahye this morning. He went straight to their apartment from his studio. The first place he looked through was their room where Chahye seemed to be sleeping peacefully. He could stay with her until 10am when CJamm and BeWhy agreed to take care of her until Taewoon came back from the hospital. Crush knew BeWhy could take of her. But CJamm...

 

He erased the thought out of her head.

 

Daejung just left and Crush was done cleaning the table they ate breakfast at. He would wash the dishes but for now, he has to check if Chahye was already awake. He wiped his hands with the hand towel from the refrigerator and walked over to their room. He opened the door and the sight did not make him smile.

She was sitting on the bed, her legs sprawled in front of her, her hair in disarray, mouth open, her eyes flowing with tears and unfocused.

He rushed to her side and held her head. She wasn't hot anymore but he knew exactly what her appearance means.

"Chahye," he tried to call her, holding both of her cheeks in his hands. He saw her eyes dash across the room. She was slowly gaining her focus again. "Chahye... Chahye," he called once again. "It's all right. It was just a dream." he added.
She raised her shaking hands slowly and placed them right in front of her, not even noticing Hyoseob who was right in front of her. "He was right there... at the door," she said in between quick breaths. "Daejung was right here. And mom... She was... She was..." She now started wailing, tears flowing from her eyes like a river.
Hyoseob just watched her with his heart slowly crying inside as well. "That happened long ago, Chahye... It's all over," he tried to say as he held her head.
"He's still there... I know he's still there," she cried.

She then lowered her head and continued crying. Crush pulled her towards him and gave her a tight embrace.

It always broke Crush's heart when Chahye was in this state. She was always at her lowest whenever her nightmares visit her and it was always the same thing all over again. He knew there were more fits like this that Zico and Taewoon experienced with her but no matter which one, they all knew she was always hurting. He only knew her story through her cousins' words but no one ever knew what really happened that frightful night through Chahye's eyes.

Her wails soon died down to cries. And more minutes later, she was left sniffing. Crush held a hand against her neck and felt her temperature rise up again. "Aish. Chahye. Your fever," he said as he released her.
Chehy just looked up at him and sniffed. "Hyoseob... I'm hungry," she said.
Crush was left shocked at her words. It was though her nightmare diminished quickly into dust. He held both of her cheeks again. "Let's eat then. I ordered chicken in ginseng from that family restaurant you always point at when you visit Amoeba," he said kissing her forehead.
"Thank you," she answered.

After eating breakfast and making her drink some fever medicine, Chahye went back to sleep. Crush didn't mind cleaning up for her. He literally already remembered every spot of their apartment and the way Chahye wants things to be inside her house.

An hour later, after putting the television on, the door rang. BeWhy and CJamm came with Giriboy, Uglyduck, Lil Boi, Louie, Wegun, JTong, Fana and Psycoban.

"Woah. The entourage is too much," said Crush as they all walked inside. 
"Nah. The hyungs are leaving after they see Chahye," said Louie.
"Zico made us check up on her but since Giriboy messaged the group that he would be coming with CJamm, we thought of tagging along," said Fana.
"Taewoon's coming, too, right?" asked Uglyduck.
"Yeah... That's what Daejung said," answered Crush.
"We should stay a while longer or maybe wait until Taewoon hyung arrives," said Lil Boi.
Psycoban and Wegun walked over to the kitchen table and placed plastic bags on it. "We bought her some milk and bread and other food she can munch on while she gets better," said Wegun as he walked to the living area.
"Is she asleep?" asked Fana.
"Yes. She just took her medicine. She wasn't hot anymore when she woke up. But she had another nightmare and she went up like fire again," explained Crush.
"Poor kid," said JTong.
"I'll go see her," said Fana walking into Chahye's room.
"Me, too," said Lil Boi following his hyung.
"She still has nightmares huh," said CJamm raising his arms behind his head.

The boys just sat there and aimlessly tried to watch the television, the volume at just the right loudness so Chahye wouldn't wake up. JTong kept walking around the place and scanning the whole loft. BeWhy wondered why and confronted his sunbae with it.

"Nothing weird that went around this building lately?" asked JTong as he pulled the curtains away and looked down from the window.
"Nothing, hyung," said Crush.
"I still don't understand why you hyungs think Chahye's gonna be attacked any time when the guy's locked up in jail," said Louie slumping on the couch beside BeWhy.
"You will never know, Moonseop," said JTong.
"The guy's a monster. He can think of anything. The least we could do is try to think like him and prevent bad things from happening," said Psycoban.
"Bad things like?" asked BeWhy.
"Think of it this way," said JTong taking the chair from under the desk and sitting on it, legs crossed. "You're a wild man. You get pleasure from hitting your daughter. You murder your wife. And you pretty much bragged about it. But then you get locked up. You ask for bail. The court dumped that. You ask for years off of your sentence. The court dumped that, too. What's the next thing you want to do?"

No one answered, all of them avoiding each other's stares. Fana and Lil Boi walked out of Chahye's room and asked why everyone was quiet.

"I was asking them what they would do next if they were Daejung's father," said JTong putting his hands behind his head.
"Oh," said Lil Boi.
"The man doesn't have any right to be called a father," said Wegun.
"But... That's impossible... right?" said BeWhy hesitantly, everyone knowing what he meant.
"Maybe, it is," said Psycoban.
"But we will never know," said Fana.
"And that's why we always have to look out for her," said Giriboy.
"His job isn't done yet," said CJamm looking down on the floor.
JTong stood up and walked back to the window. "He loves how he tortures Chahye even until now. We can't let him lay another hand on either of the siblings again," he said.