54..

Of Truth and Love

Dean was currently working with other artists this week and had very little time to see Chahye. When he was free, he would steal glances at the studio as they rehearsed. But he hasn't been able to take her home anymore. They still call each other at night though and somehow that made everything feel better. But he dreamed of having her right beside him, her arms wrapped around his body. He missed her. 

On Thursday, he dropped by the dance studio just when he knew the rehearsals were over. He looked through the door window and searched the room. Chahye wasn't there. Actually, the team leaders were the only ones left inside. He opened the door and greeted them both.

"Oh. Hi, Dean," greeted Minhwan.
"It's been a while since you visited us," said Eunji reaching him for a hug.
"I've been buried in my studio noona," said Dean as he released her.
"Yeah. We heard you were working for a rapper," said Minhwan looking at Eunji.
"Heize-ssi," she said.
"Oh. Yes. I am doing some songs for her. Please support her," he said smiling.
"She is actually good," smiled Eunji.
"Wouldn't Chahye be jealous if she learned you're working with a beautiful rapper?" teased Minhwan.
"Hahaha... I don't think so," smiled Dean embarrassed.
"What made you drop here, by the way?" asked Minhwan. "Are you looking for Chahye?"
"Uhm... Actually, I am. I thought she would be here, still," said Dean rubbing the back of his neck, slightly embarrassed that they knew about his dilemma.
"Chahye... She went home early," said Eunji suddenly wrapping her arms around her.
"She was sick. She didn't look any good when she entered the studio. She was actually late," said Minhwan.
"Minhwan made her go home early," said Eunji.
"Oh... I... I didn't know," said Dean suddenly growing worried. 
"I don't think she wanted anyone to know," said Minhwan.
"She's been on a roll recently," said Eunji. "Internship. Rehearsals. She even mentioned about an exam she needed to prepare for."
"Yeah. That she told me about," said Dean. "But not about her getting sick."
"You better call or visit her soon. With her state, I don't think she'll be able to go to her work tomorrow," said Eunji.
"I will, noona. Thank you," said Dean.
"Poor girl. She always seems like she doesn't have time to have fun," added Eunji.
"So, are you leaving or something? Me and Eunji were just on our way," said Minhwan.
"Sorry, hyung. I still have things to finish. You two go ahead. I'll see you tomorrow," he said smiling.
"Alright then," said Minhwan patting his shoulder.
"Tell Chahye we wish her well," smiled Eunji.

Dean went back to his studio and tried to call Chahye. No answer. He sat back in his swivel chair and thought about what he would do next. If she's not answering her phone, she might just be asleep, resting. There was no use calling her when he knew she wouldn't pick up. He had to let her get some rest.

Eunji was right.

Just like how he was working hard with his projects, shows and collaborations, Chahye was also having a hard time juggling through her life. Compared to him, she had a lot more to work on. Maybe she was just really exhausted because of everything piling up. She wasn't really used to all of the stress. Well, according to Zico.

During the first weeks of his relationship with Chahye, Zico has spilled some of her little secrets that, according to her cousin, made her feel like a princess. First was the fact that she doesn't go anywhere alone. Her cousins made sure she was with someone. She can't hold or touching seafood. She was allergic to it. She sleeps well with music playing. She also sleeps with a lot of pillows n her bed and a thick blanket whether it was winter or not. Zico also said that she had a fear in blood. To Dean, that pretty much explains why Crush insisted not telling her that they fought back then and almost got a broken face from it. He also revealed how she usually gets up in the middle of the night and just stare through space. 

More things about her were revealed as days went by in their relationship but it was always those kinds of secrets that made him think even deeper than before. With all her fear and secrets, it always dawned at Dean how dark her life and past was. Each and every detail he learned made him paint a picture of her. Fear of people, of blood, of losing her brother, their mother's death, the mystery of their father, sleepless nights, fainting. 

Then there's her lawyer.

And lastly, the monster.

He refused to believe what he thought all of it meant. It can't be.

In between his swirl of thoughts, he was bothered as he realized his phone was ringing. He picked it up from the table and saw an unknown number. 

"Hello?"
"Hyung... It's Daejung."
"Oh. Daejung. Hello. You called."
"Yeah. I... I just came home and I saw noona's phone in the living room and you had numerous calls. I thought of calling you just so you know."
"What? What happened? Is your sister all right?"
"Yeah. She's all right. But she's running a fever. She's been really stressed and busy this week so I guess that's what got her."
"I see. Has she eaten yet?"
"Yeah. She has. She's so sick she wasn't even able to wash the dishes she used."
"Should I come over?"
"No. Don't... I mean... She's just sleeping anyway. No need to come over. Just finish with your work."
"Are you sure, Daejung?"
"Yes."
"All right then. Please tell her to get well soon and that I called."
"I will... If she wakes up. But hyung..."
"Yes?"
"I was wondering if you could come here tomorrow morning?"
"Why?"
"I have to go to school. And no one's going to be here to take care of her."
"Daejung... I don't know. I have to stay in the studios until I can. I'm finishing some things."
"I know and I'm sorry to ask you. I just... I just thought that someone should be beside her in the morning. I asked Jisuk hyung to come over but our grandmother needs to go to her monthly check up tomorrow and Jisuk hyung will be accompanying her. I don't know who else to ask."
"I see. I see..."
"She needs someone to be with her when she wakes up, hyung... She... She doesn't fare well when she's sick. She... She gets nightmares."
"Nightmares?"
"Just... Just drop by if you can hyung. I'll try to ask some hyungs from Buckwilds if they could drop by, too."
"Daejung... You're not telling me something."
"I have to go, hyung. Good night."

And just like that, Daejung ended the call. With the way Daejung talked over the phone, Dean felt more uneasy as he thought about Chahye. "What is going on with her?" he thought.

He decided he could at least drop by at their apartment and watch her sleep and then come back to the studio without his manager even knowing about it. Just as he picked his wallet from the table and dashed to the door, the knob turned and his manager walked inside with Dellyboi and Jusen.

"Are you going somewhere, Dean?" asked Jeffrey.
"Uhm... Yeah. I... I was actually planning to go... go out and have dinner," he said hesitantly.
"Good. We were actually going to invite you to dinner, too. A representative from SIVA Group from America is here and he wanted to talk about the possible show in New York," said Jeffrey.
"Oh... Really? That...That sounds amazing," said Dean faking a smile, all the while looking at Jusen, telling him to back him up with his eyes.
"Let's go then," said Dellyboi.
"Sure. Uhm... Let me just... Let me just get my jacket and I'll meet you guys down there," said Dean.

Jeffrey and Dellyboi fell for it and left the room. Jusen stayed behind. He looked at his friend as he took his jacket from the chair.

"You weren't really planning to go out and have dinner, were you?" asked Jusen.
Dean sighed and dropped his shoulders. "No. I was hoping I could run down to Chahye and check up on her," answered Dean.
"Why? Did anything happen?" asked Jusen with an equal amount of worry in his voice. If there was one thing Dean's crew learned to do ever since Chahye came into their lives, that was also loving her as a good friend. 
"Yeah. She's sick," answered Dean.
"Oh. The stress must have gotten her. Isn't she doing internship lately?" asked Jusen. Dean nodded as a response. "Well, you can't ditch Jeffrey now. The other managers will be going to that dinner, too. They'll look for you. And I can't cover your , Dean."
"I know. I know. This is just too bad of a timing," said Dean reaching for the door.
"Can't you just run down there after this meeting?" asked Jusen.
"I can't. I have to go to Heize's studio to finish those songs. I also need to drop by SM Entertainment after that. Jeffrey said I needed to respond to their offer as soon as possible," said Dean.
"Tomorrow morning then?" said Jusen as they stepped outside the room.
"I hope I can," said his friend.
"Why not make someone drop by there?" asked Jusen. "Crush? Millic?"
"I can't let Millic go there. He doesn't know how to take care of a girl," said Dean shaking his head, the two of them walking down the flight of stairs.
"Wow. And does that make you an expert in taking care of girls?" smirked Jusen.
"At least a bit better than Seunghyun," smiled Dean as he came to a full stop on the second floor landing. He turned around and made his friend stop. "Do you think I should already tell Jeffrey?" he asked.
"Damn. Man. I don't know. I mean," hesitated Jusen. "I would tell them I have a girlfriend. But that's just me since people don't me. You, Kwon Hyuk... Everyone else's eyes are on you. If it's not you ending up dead, it's Chahye," he said. "But then again, you would still end up dead because her cousin would surely kill you if they see Chahye cry."
"Yeah. I thought so, too," said Dean smiling, then shaking his head. "I don't know what to do anymore," he admitted.
"You can do it, Dean," said Jusen patting his shoulder. "But right now, we have a dinner to go, too.

 

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

I somehow I wish I made sense in this chapter. lol