25..

Of Truth and Love

Chahye almost didn't have enough sleep. Her phone kept ringing and it irritated her. It was Dean. She answered once and the only thing she heard was a drunk man wanting her to talk to him. And because she's fed up, she ends the call each and every time, finally deciding to shut her phone off and sleep.

She woke up early and started to clean the house. It was one of the days she always wanted to happen. It's almost been 7 months since she last saw her brother and she couldn't wait to hug him tightly. Jiho's mother also invited them to have dinner with them tonight and Chahye said yes.

Before lunch, Chahye headed to the cafe she works at to get some of her things from her locker. The manager at the store agreed to put her on a temporary 1 month leave so she could work on everything she needed to do. And with the way her case was going, she really needed time to think and have less stress to go through.

"I hope everything turns out good in the end, Chahye-ssi," smiled her manager.
"I hope so, too. Thank you so much for your support," she said bowing to her.
"Just call me if you need anything. This cafe won't be the same without you smiling to all these customers," the manager said putting a hand on her shoulder.
"I'll try to drop by every now and then. I'll go ahead now," smiled Chahye bowing once again.

She turned around to go when the door opened and a group of men entered. Due to habit, Chahye still smiled and greeted them into the cafe.

"JIN CHAHYE!" shouted one of them.
"Millic," said Chahye as he ran towards her and hugging her tight.
"I missed you!" he said in his embrace.
Chahye looked behind him and saw the other members of Club Eskimo with him, Colde, 0channel, Punchnello and Camper. "What are you guys doing here?" she asked.
"I wanted an americano," said Colde walking to the counter, smiling to her as he passed by.
"And Millic wanted to see you," smiled Camper as he walked pass them, grinning.
"We haven't seen you in days," said Millic releasing her. "Even Dean doesn't know how you were so we agreed to visit you here."
"Oh. I'm sorry," said Chahye.
"Have you two fought or something?" asked Camper. "Dean never mentions you and he was drinking last night like he got dumped or something."
"Dean was crazy last night," said 0channel shaking his head.
"Can we not talk about that here?" said Chahye raising her eyebrows at them, thinking how the other staff in the cafe would react if they found out who they were talking about. They seemed to understand so they all shut up.
"Have you just arrived for work?" asked Punchnello when he noticed the backpack she had.
"No. I'm actually going home already," smiled Chahye.
"Eh?! Don't go home yet," said Millic holding onto her arm.
"But I have...." Chahye tried to say, feeling uncomfortable with Millic's arm around her.
"We're going to HIGHGRND today. Do you want to come with us?" asked 0channel.
"Can you come? It will be fun," said Punchnello.
"But I have to finish some things at home," said Chahye.
"Please Chahye?" pleaded Millic pouting at her. He wasn't really cute but Chahye said yes in the end.
"We won't stay long," he said as he hugged her again.
"We could drop you at home afterwards," said Colde.
"Nah. It's fine. I could just take the bus," said Chahye.

Millic bought Chahye a drink for her and they all headed off once everyone got their orders. Chahye can't call Club Eskimo her friends already but she liked them. Millic was such a really fun person. Punchnello, too. Colde and 0channel were silent and serious ones but she liked how they both smiled. Camper didn't talk to her that much but she loved how he joins the others in jokes. It felt awkward being with them, especially after what happened with her and Dean but she certainly enjoyed having them around her.

"You still haven't answered my question at the cafe," asked Camper.
"Yeah. If you and Dean had a fight," said Punchnello stopping Chahye as she walked.
"Huh?! Uhm... I don't know," said Chahye.
"After the party, he's been acting weird," said Millic looking up the skies.
"He drank too much last night as well, enough for him to throw up and not recognize me. And he never really does that," said Colde shaking his head.
"Is he all right?" asked Chahye sincerely worried as she remembered the drunk calls and text messages she got from Dean last night.
"Well, yeah. Maybe," said Camper.
"He's sure having a major hangover though," said 0channel.
"And maybe a sore arm after trying to hit the wall and door multiple times," said Camper making Chahye look at him with wide eyes.
"I swear the bar manager was about to throw us outside if we didn't hold Dean down," said 0channel smiling as he recounted the memories from last night.
"He even showed us his phone trying to dial your number. And you haven't been seen at the studio lately," said Punchnello.
"We don't really have rehearsals until Wednesday, you know," answered Chahye.
"Really? I didn't know. Sorry," said Punchnello as he started to walk again.
"Dean has been telling us before that he liked you so we thought you two had a thing together or something," said Colde. "I guess not."
"Wait... Do you even know he likes you?" asked Camper making everyone stop and look at Chahye. She titled her head and smiled awkwardly. "You...you don't?!" said Camper.
"OH !" shouted 0channel.
"Oh . We're dead," said Punchnello grabbing Camper's arm.
"If Dean ever asks us who snitched, I'm pointing at Colde," said 0channel.
"Don't ever tell Dean you learned about it from us, from me, okay?" said Colde. "We thought he already told you."
"I... I won't tell," she said. Chahye just smiled awkwardly and continued to follow them, pretending she didn't know anything. If this was their reaction, then they might not know what happened between them the night before.
"Do you like Dean though?" asked 0channel.
Chahye hesitated to answer. It was so sudden she didn't know what to say, not that she ever thought about it. "I... I don't know," she said.
"You know, Dean can be a jerk sometimes," said Millic.
"Most of the time actually," smiled Punchnello.
"Haha! Of course. Most of the time," laughed Millic as he walked right beside Chahye. "But he's cool. He never stops when he knows he wants something. He really works hard to achieve his goals. He doesn't mind if it takes a long time. He's also really considerate towards his friends."
"That's why he calls us his kids even though we're just younger than him by a year or two," said Colde.

They were just a few more meters away from the building HIGHGRND's office was at. Millic continued to talk, letting the others walk first, farther from them.

"It wouldn't really hurt if you like Dean. He's serious when it comes to girls. Just not those types who are in it for the and money though," said Millic. "I hope you're one of those people who listen to music not because of the artist. If you listen well to Dean's songs, you'll understand. He's sincere in his craft. He can make a hundred beats a day but it takes him long enough to put words into it. His songs are parts of his heart."
"Why are you even telling this to me?" asked Chahye stopping in her tracks just when she saw the others get into the building.
"Because Dean is my friend," smiled Millic. "And it's the first time again that we saw him smile the day he got into his studio, excited to tell us about this new girl he was crushing on. And it happened to be you."
"But... I don't... I don't like him," said Chahye.
"Could you at least try to hear him out before not giving him a chance?" said Millic. "Look. I don't know what happened between the two of you, but whatever that is, could you give him another chance, please?"
"Why?"
"He hasn't really been talking to us since Saturday. He's always in a bad mood. He doesn't even want to go out anymore unless we drag him."
"How are you sure it's me? The reason he's like that?"
"I know he followed you that Friday night. His manager was mad and shouting that Saturday morning and said that it has to be the dancer's fault. You were the only dancer I knew."
"Look, I appreciate you being so nice to me and telling me this but I don't like Dean. He doesn't deserve me."
"Then why did you listen to everything that I said? Why did you ask how he was?"

That made Chahye stop as she reached the elevator. The other boys have already gone up. She turned around to look back at Millic who walked towards her. She did. She did ask how Dean was when Colde said he drank too much last night. They didn't talk and got inside, pressing the floor number they needed to be on.

Just as they approached HIGHGRND's floor, Millic spoke up again. "I won't tell him, Cha," he said as he sipped through his drink. "All I ask is that you talk to him. Might help clear the air between the two of you. That's all," he said.

The two arrived at HIGHGRND. It was noisy inside and it surprised Chahye. As they walked over to the den, Millic shouted, "WE GOT A GIRL IN HERE!" and all of them turned their attention to Chahye. She just smiled and bowed to the people inside.

"Jin Chahye?" Incredivle said as he stopped shaking hands with Camper. "What are you doing here?" he said walking towards her.
"Hyeontae," smiled Chahye as he gave her a hug. "Millic and the others made me visit."
"Hyung," said Incredivle letting her go, calling Code Kunst. "This is Jin Chahye, the girl me and Andup were talking about. Zico's cousin. She knows CJamm and BeWhy, too," he said as the producer walked over to her.
"Oh hello. I'm Code Kunst. It's nice meeting you," he greeted as he took her hand. Chahye only blinked as she felt their hands touch.
"Did I hear Zico?! Is Zico-ssi here?!" someone screamed from the other room. It was Tablo, Mithra and Tukutz behind him. "Where is he?!" he repeated.
"No. It's not Zico. It's his cousin," said Incredivle.
"Oh. Really? I didn't know he had a female cousin," said Tablo approaching her and also taking her hand. She almost took it away from him if Incredivle didn't hold her shoulders tight, making her relax.
"Jin Chahye!" another voice shouted. It was Mino. "Why is Jiho hyung's cousin at HIGHGRND?" he asked.
"We invited her here," answered Millic.
"Really? Isn't that nice? You're gaining more friends, Chahye," said Mino taking her into an embrace.
"How did you know her?" asked Tukutz.
"We've been friends for a while now," said Mino.
"Almost everyone who's a 93-liner underground knows her. Me, PO, Mino, CJamm, BeWhy," said Incredivle.
"And you guys?" Tablo asked Club Eskimo.
"She's a dancer for Dean," said Punchnello.
"Oh really?" said Code Kunst in surprise.
"Woah. So it is true what Jiho hyung said. You're back at dancing," said Mino ruffling her hair.
"Yeah. Well for the meantime," said Chahye with a smile.
"If you're friends with a lot of 93-liners, do you also know Hyukoh band?" asked Mithra.
"Of course, she knows us," someone said from the door to an office.
"Oh Hyuk," said Chahye with a smile seeing him cross his arms. Behind him were the other members of the band.
"Hi, Chahye!" said Inwoo from behind Hyuk raising a hand at her.
"You know her as well?" asked Tablo.
"We went to the same high school," said Donggeun. "Us, Chahye, Mino, Incredivle, PO, CJamm and BeWhy."
"Woah. How come you're popular?" asked Punchnello pointing at her as Hyunjae approached her and gave her a hug.

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

Okay. Just to clarify. I know Hyukoh members all went to the same highschool but I don't know if it's the same as Mino and Incredivle. But since in real life, they are all friends, I'm putting my bets that they all did come from Hanlim Arts High School. Wouldn't that be amazing?! ;~;