2...

Of Truth and Love
Chahye just got home from the coffee shop and immediately dropped herself onto her bed. Nothing beats the comfort of your own bed in a rented apartment. Although a can of beer could help her ease the stress a bit faster though.
 
She huffed.
 
She opened her eyes then looked up at the ceiling with paint starting to peel off. She huffed once more. She wanted to sleep already. It was 10 in the evening and she was exhausted. But she had an exam tomorrow and she still needed to study. English literature was easy but she hasn't really finished the prose their professor had them take home. She was dead. Then there's the part-time work she was still looking for. It's not that she needed any more but with her brother's request, she needed to do something.

She got up from the bed and told her eyes to stay open until she needs them to be. She walked over to her desk right in front of her bed and took her notebook out of her bag. It was the 128th page out of "The Essays" by Francis Bacon. Their professor wanted them to read it despite Chahye's dislike of Bacon's style. He was a good writer but Chahye only favored prose such as Fritzgerald's "The Great Gatsby". She was just about to pull her the chair out under the desk when someone started rapping on her door.
 
She left her book on the desk and walked over. "JIN CHANHYE!!!" shouted the person on the other side. Chahye stopped in her tracks and blinked twice. That's surely Honey J, she thought as she twisted the knob.
 
"What took you so long to open this door?" asked Honey as soon as Chanhye swung it open.
"I'm sorry. I was trying to study, you know," said Chahye sarcastically. "What do you need?"
"I need you to get ready because," said Honey stepping inside. "You're going to start as a dancer for a friend of mine!"
"Eh?! Really?!" reacted Chahye excitingly. "For whom?"
"You'll know tomorrow," said Honey. She slid her right hand inside her pockets and brought out a piece of paper, handing it to her friend. "The address is there. And time. That's 6 in the evening. I personally asked it to be at that time so it doesn't clash with your university and part-time at the coffee shop. Be there on time and don't disappoint me," she said.
Chahye took the paper and stared at it. She looked back at Honey and  attacked her with a tight hug. "Thank you so much, Honey! I owe you big time," she said.
Honey smiled in their embrace and said with much love, "Hey, that's what girlfriends are for. Just do your best. Blow them away."
"I will, girl," said Chahye.
"You have to treat Purplow for a drink some time because of this," smiled Honey J.
"Maybe on my second paycheck," said Chahye.
 
Chanhye went back to studying after Honey left and ate her remaining cookies from the jar on her table. She couldn't concentrate enough with her review as she got so excited about her rehearsals for tomorrow. She wondered which artist she was going to do backup for. But mostly, she was excited to actually dance. It's been a while since she's danced professionally with anyone since she started going to university. 
 
She was down onto the last paragraph on the prose she was reading when her phone rang. It was Hyoseob.
 
"Yeobeoseyo, Chahye-ssi...."
Chanhye smiled as she heard him say it in the most melodic way. "Hello, Seobbie oppa," she said in English.
"How are you?"
"I'm fine. I'm studying."
"Oh. Did I disturb you?"
"No. It's fine. I'm almost through anyway."
"It's already past midnight, Chahye. Please sleep after your review."
"I will. Don't worry. Why did you call, by the way?"
"Nothing. Just catching up. I haven't seen you for a while."
"Well, I've been busy. And besides, I have part-time work every afternoon remember?"
"I know. I was just wondering why you haven't visited Jiho's studio lately."
"I really don't have anything to do there."
"I just miss seeing you there."
"Maybe I'll go visit when the semester ends."
"It's going to end soon."
"I know. So please let me concentrate on my finals first."
"All right. Are you going to be free on Sunday, Chahye?"
"Hmmm.. I don't know. I'll have to check."
"Eh? Why? You don't have work at the coffee shop during Sundays, right?"
"No. But... Seobbie oppa... I have another part-time job. And I think they're going to let me work on Sundays."
"You have another job?! Isn't that too much? You already have the coffee shop. Why work for another? Do you need money? I can lend you some."
"No. I'm fine. I just... I just needed something to do during weekends. Especially during vacation."
"But..."
"I'm fine oppa. Don't worry."
"Does Jiho know about this? Jisuk hyung?"
"Uhm... No. Not yet. Please don't tell Jiho."
"Are you sure you're all right, Chahye?"

Chahye heard the concern in Hyoseob's voice. "I'm fine, Hyoseobbie. I'm fine," she lied.
"You said so. I'll call you some other time okay? I'm at the office and Gaeko hyung just called me. Good night, Chahye. Saranghae."
"Good night, Seobbie oppa. Saranghae."
 
Chahye looked at her phone and sighed. She lied to him. Again. And she probably would time and again. "I'm sorry Hyoseob oppa," she said under her breath.
 
She brought her phone down and went back to the book she was reading. It was almost 1 in the morning. She needed to finish fast and get some sleep.