chapter 50

Definition of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

this the second update. please read the previous chapter okay? enjoy ^-^

 

 

“seriously you have to stop coming here? You know his sister hates you. What makes you think her brother will like you coming here every day?” Ji hyo said to Dong wook while letting him in.

Dong wook chuckled at her grumpy face “you know I had a girlfriend, right? don’t seduce me with that face of yours. My heart cant take it”

“yah” she barked at him and punched him on the arms at the same time.

“I’m just kidding. You have no sense of humour now that you’re old”

“excuse me, we are at the same age. If I am old, then you are old too”

“I’m not” he walked to Da hae who is playing alone at the living room “you have a kid. That’s what makes you old. Am I right, Da hae ah?”

She sighed in defeat and was too lazy to argue back. She just leaned her back with her head rested on the couch while watching Dong wook played with her daughter on the floor.

“are you okay? You look not too good. Where’s your husband?” he said in a worried tone. Her face is very pale and he noticed that she had loss weight too.

“he is resting in the room” she said while shaking her head a bit “Dong wook ah, I want to sleep for a while. Wake me up in ten minutes okay? Thank you” ignoring his protest, she lied on her back and closed her eyes. These few days, her stomach is pain and she lost her appetite too. Moreover, she had no time to eat so, she tends to skip her meals. Her free time is fulled with Jong kook and Da hae.

Ten minutes later, Dong wook wanted to wake Ji hyo up but, seeing she was in a deep sleep he changed his mind. Then, he saw Jong kook came out from the guest room slowly. His hands were reaching out to grab anything. Without any delay, he went to him.

“let me help you” Jong kook was not surprised to hear that voice. He always come here when it is evening. He tried not to be jealous of him knowing that he had move on but a part of him still feeling intimidated when he is around. Who would not be if he used to like his own wife.

Dong wook lead him to sit to another couch before preparing to go back home. The truth is, he is also feeling nervous when he is around. Who would not be if he is the husband of the woman he used to love. Although they already in peace, still it feels weird “I’ll take my leave then. Ji hyo is sleeping on the couch beside you and Da hae is playing on the floor if you are wondering. Ji hyo looks not too good though. See you then, Jong kook ssi” he made his way to the front door but stopped when he heard his replies.

“call me hyung” Jong kook said “lets be friends” he then added.

“alright, hyung” he smiled gratefully “before I forget, I will not come here as often as usual. I got a job at your company. Thanks, hyung for trusting me. I will work hard”

Jong kook slowly get down from the couch and reaching out his hand for Da hae. He caressed her soft hair then he picked her up and carefully craddled her on his chest “is omma sick, Da hae ah? Why omma didn’t tell appa?” Jong kook kissed her head and Da hae started to move less around as she feels drowsy. She always get sleepy whenever she is on his chest. He patted her back gently as she falls asleep.

Ji hyo stirred from her sleep and opened her eyes. The sight of Jong kook with Da hae making a tiny smile formed on her lips. She went to him and laid her head on his laps “oppa” she called him sleepily.

“are you not feeling well? Dong wook said you look not too good” he said after contemplating whether to ask her or not.

She opened her eyes slightly to look at his face. He always failed to hide his worry from her. He had become cold towards her since he is discharged from the hospital. He even not called her with endearment as he usually did, but she thankful enough he didn’t push or reject her in taking care of him “are you worried about me?” she waited for his response but he just being silent “don’t worry. It’s just a headache. It will be gone when I’m taking medicine later”

Ji hyo touched his face “don’t frown too much. You look ugly like that” Jong kook just let her touch his face, but the unsual warmth he felt causing him to grasp her hand.

“you had a fever” he nearly shouted at her if not because of Da hae is sleeping on his chest now. His phone rang distracted him from her. He put her hand down and picked his phone out from his pocket.

“oppa, where’s Ji hyo? I tried calling her phone few time but it went to voicemails”

“where are you now? Can you come here? I need your help”

“alright, I’m on my way”

Jong kook ended the call and put it down on the floor. He wiped her sweat formed on her forehead as Ji hyo is mumbling his name. She is fall asleep as he heard her even breathing.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Min hee punched in the passcode and pushed open the door. She saw where her brother is and so, she walked in hurry to him “oppa, what happened?” she doesnt know what to do. She just crouched down and looked at Ji hyo. Her face is white as paper.

“hold Da hae first” Min he turned to Jong kook and picked up Da hae from him. Then, he checked on Ji hyo by touching her face “how is she?”

“she..she looks weak…and her face is pale”

Jong kook sighed heavily and pondered in thinking “Min hee ah, can you drive? We need to take her to the hospital” he asked but Min hee didn’t replied “Min hee ah, I ask you, can you drive now?”

“yeah sure” Min hee replied in short.

“good. There are keys at the table beside the door. Find the red one and guid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter