Chapter 44

Definition of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Min ho entered the room and went closer to the bed. Jong kook sat up straightly when he saw Min ho.

“everyone went home?”

“neh, it’s midnight already. I told them to come again tomorrow. Haha is outside I guess”

“yeah, I saw him. How is she?”

“she’s sleeping”

“dont worry. She will wake up in several hours. She just tired after the fight back in there. Do you want to take a look at your baby?”

“i can?”

“of course, hyung”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Morning arrived, Ji hyo stirred from her sleep. She saw Jong kook who is sleeping with his head on the bed and his arms as his pillow. She tried to move but her moves is limited. She felt very weak.

Jong kook’s phone rang causing him to jerk up. He fished out his phone and noticed Ji hyo is awake. He kissed her forehead before picking up the call.

“hmm Min hee ah, what is it?……….I’m at the hospital now……..alright, just bring it to me. I’ll sign it………….”

After he ended the call, he focused on Ji hyo “yeobo, how have you been?”

“water”

“oh you’re thirsty. Let me get it for you” he poured some water into the glass and took a sit beside her. He adjusted the pillow so that she can lean on it. Then, he helped her with the water.

“oppa, have you seen her?” Jong kook nodded and looked down, played with her hands “what is she looks like?”

“she’s adorable…..like you. She’s like a mini version of you”

Ji hyo just smiled weakly and noticed a different on him “what bothered you, oppa? Tell me” she hugged his arm and rested her head on his shoulder, eyes never lose contact with his.

He sighed and looked away from her, avoiding her eyes “I.….n-now we have a baby, can you stop pregnant after this?” Ji hyo’s forehead formed a few lines “I don’t want you to get through that again. It suffered me enough watching you without can do anything to lessen the pain”

“how are you gonna prevent it, oppa? Are you telling me you wont touch me after this?” she said it softly while searching for his eyes.

“i don’t know. Maybe you can eat some pills” their conversation got interrupted when a nurse comes in to check her vitals. He sighed while standing on his feet. He pecked her temple “we’ll talk about this later. I have to go home to get your needs and maybe a shower. I’ll come again”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Jong kook comes back after an hour. Both of his hands were occupied with bags. One of them is Ji hyo’s and the other one is for their baby. When he opened the door, the parents were there.

“there you are, Jong kook ah. Where have you been?” Mrs Kim asked while holding the baby. She knew where he’s gone to as Ji hyo had told her but she still asked him.

He put down the bags into the provided place and took his place beside Ji hyo “I went home to get a few things” he looked at his baby that being passed to his mother in law now “when you get here?”

“after you left. I saw you walked out from the lift and you just looked down. You even didn’t hear when I call your name” he looked at his mother apologetically before averted his eyes back to his baby which is now in Dr Song’s arms. He wanted to hold his baby too but no one offered him.

“I brought some herbal soup for her. Make sure she drinks it Jong kook ah. Use force if you have too” Mrs Song said and glared at her daughter meaningfully. She knew so well her own daughter who is hating so much in taking medicine but she ended up working in the hospital.

“Jong kook ah, Ji hyo ah what will you name her?” Dr Song asked them. Ji hyo looked at Jong kook and nudged him by his arms.

“we have been thinking and we decided to name her as Da hae. Kim Da hae”

“you hear that? what a lovely name you had, Da hae ah. Aigoo….”

 

 

After about two hours, both of their parents went back home.

“oppa, you want to try to hold her?” Ji hyo asked him knowing he wanted to but didn’t know why he hesitated.

“can I? But I don’t know how to carry her and……and she’s so soft. I’m afraid I will hurt her”

“of course you can. She’s your daughter”

Ji hyo pulled him to sit down beside her and put Da hae in his arms. He looked so awkward while holding the baby that she cant help but to giggle but she restrains herself from laughing. 

“don’t hold like that. You’ll make her uncomfortable. Make sure you hold her close to your chest and use your left arm to support her back.......okay, that looks better”

“gomawo yeobo for bringing her to my life”

A smile formed on her lips. She wanted to continue their talk this morning but she let it slide away. Not wanting to disturb his moment with their baby daughter. She rested her chin on his shoulder and smiled happily while caressing Da hae’s soft hair.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Three months after….

 

Ji hyo stirred from her sleep and rubbed her sleepy eyes. She kissed Da hae’s little cheek who is already wide awake between Jong kook and her.

“morning Da hae ah. Why you’re up so early?” she whispered softly before carried her in her arms. She carefully gets off from the bed, not wanting to wake Jong kook up seeing his tired face. He’s been coming back home recently.

“Da hae ah, stay here alright? Omma wants to prepare a breakfast” Ji hyo put her on a soft mattress that being laid out in the living room especially for the baby before guarding each side of her with a small pillow.

She kept checking on her little baby by peeking and stuck her head out of the kitchen before continuing to make the breakfast. When she wanted to peek again, Jong kook appeared in front of her. She pushed his body aside a bit but Jong kook blocked her view wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter