chapter 48

Definition of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the words in italic were the flasbacks.

 

 

“okay, lets see” Jae suk said before concentrate on the computers. Both Haha and Min hee also joined in. They were currently watching the CCTVs around the neighborhood, trying to see Jong kook’s trace in the morning.

“there, did you see that? There’s a car followed him right after he walked from the house” Haha stated the first clue.

“good eyes, Haha ssi” Jae suk praised him while his eyes never lose contact with the screen computers “wait, we lost him” his assistant tried to catch Jong kook using the other CCTVs.

“he said he wanted to go to the park. He must take a detour at the third street to avoid the main street. Not many people use that road” Haha said again.

Jae suk’s assistant managed to get Jong kook on the screen back. They were all very focus on the next scene.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“yeobo, if you get any opportunity to escape, run for it, arasso? You have to bring Da hae to a safe place. If possible, I would beg them to let both of you go” Jong kook said while kissing Ji hyo’s hair as she is resting her head on his shoulder.

Ji hyo lifted her head. Her brows creased “what are you talking about? I’m not leaving without you”

“it is me that Seo joon wants. I am the target. Not you, not Da hae” he replied while looking down. He scared if he made the eye contact with her. He will lose immediately.

“then, what am I? I’m your wife, oppa. My place is beside you. I’m not letting you go through this alone” she didn’t understand. What was he thinking.

Jong kook sighed and tried to reason with her “think about Da hae, Ji hyo ah. If anything happens, at least she has her mother with her. She’s still small. She needs her mother the most”

“she doesnt need her father, then. Is that what you mean?”

He ignored her question and took a breathe “As the head of this family, I will decide what is the best for our family. As your husband, you need to listen to my command. As a father, I…. I cant let her lose her mother. I’ll kill myself if any of you get hurt”

She turned his head to her, but he swiftly looked away “what about me? You think I will be happy seeing you sacrifice yourself?” she controlled her heavy breathing.

“I know my wife is a strong woman. You will get through this. As long as both of you are saved, that is more important” he said it with firm.

“i hate you” she said it slow but it was audible to him. He smiled bitterly while stealing a glance at her. Hate me as much as you want. Later, you will not be so sad.

The room door being opened, making his face hardened.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

At the police station, both Haha and Min hee were waiting for Jae suk at his room after they had watched the recording of the CCTVs.

“oppa, they will be save right?” Min hee asked expectantly.

Haha wrapped her little sister in his embrace “of course. Lets hope for the best. The police will do their job. They know what to do”

“Jae suk ssi, we can know where they brought Jong kook hyung” Haha searched for his phone in his pocket and tapped on it few times before he showed the screen to the inspector “by this. I can use this software to trace him. I put a tracker in his watch. It’s for safety just in case he is missing when he used to be sightless”

“how you can so sure if he wore that watch now he is not sightless anymore?” Jae suk asked him.

“my oppa always wearing that watch” Min hee said suddenly.

Haha nodded in agreement “that’s right because he only had one watch in his life”

“sorry to keep both of you waiting” Jae suk entered his room and put the files he was holding on his desk, hands on his waist “it seems Jong kook ssi is brought to a mansion or to be precisely, P

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter