chapter 22

Definition of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They arrived home an hour before midnight. Jong kook straight away into the bathroom to wash up first. After he's done, it's Ji hyo's turn.When she came out, he was lying on his back with his eyes shut closed. She went into the comforter and dimmed the light. Thinking it's too early to sleep, she got off the bed.

Jong kook heard the door room opened "where you're going?"

Ji hyo turned to him “ah oppa, I thought you're already sleep. I'm going to do some work in your room"

“yah, dont you feel tired walking around just now? Come here" he patted the space beside him. He felt the bed deepened "sleep with me"

"huh?" she misinterpreted the word sleep "I thought you will wait when I'm ready"

Jong kook chuckled in amusement. He sat up slightly "yah, I said sleep. It means real sleep, literally. Not that"

“b-but I’m not sleepy right now” she argued back, hiding her embarrassement.

He knew she will counter back. He had to use his veto power "sleep. I'm your husband. Listen to me" he said sternly.

Ji hyo huffed. She dont like to be forced like this. She went into the comforter back and laid beside him reluctantly. Her back is facing him.

He smiled when she did whatever he said. She's a good wife, really. He scooted closer to her and kissed her head. "that's my wife. I dont want you to sleep late again" he protectively caged her in his embraced.

“I thought you want to sleep. What's with this?" she cant move a bit with his arms around her.

“I am. This is for guarding you. I'm afraid you wwill sneak out in the middle of the night" he said teasingly.

Ji hyo bit her lips “how do you know?"

“you’re my wife. Of course I know what you're thinking and what are you doing all this while" he proudly said.

 

 

Ji hyo didnt know how long had passed. She glanced to the clock. 12 a.m. She chewed her lips annoyingly while wandered her eyes everywhere that caught her interest. She peeked over her shoulder seeing him in his deep slumber. Even when he's sleeping, he cant get rid his serious face. She's still in his arms so she tried to free herself. Few attempts, it's futile. He was totally locked her. She sighed softly.

Bored to death, she played with his hands that rested around her waist. Tracing his fingers one by one. Then, his wedding ring. She lingered her thumb and forefinger over it, caressing it. Then, she looked at her own wedding ring.

She snapped out from her daze when Jong kook lossened up his hands. She turned her body to face him. She took his hand and put it back around her waist.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter