chapter 26

Definition of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jong kook ended the call with a long sigh. He thought he can hear her voice before he boarded the flight. He has to go to Japan as his project got a problem over there. He called her just now to tell her about that.

“wae hyung? Is everything okay?” Haha asked him when he saw his hyung face.

“nothing. Its just.....I’ll be missing her. This is the first time I will be away from her" he said honestly.

Haha chuckled seeing this side of Jong kook "it's only for five days, hyung. Not years. As soon as the problem settled, we can go back"

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Ji hyo came home around eight that night. She saw the lights are off and looks like nobody is home. Not like when she back home like she used to. She tried to find the switches to light the darkness. She called out for Jong kook while taking off her shoes, but there's no reply. She made her way to the bedroom thinking he's sleeping or whatnot. To her dismay, even a glimpse of his shadow she cannot see.

She slumped her body on the bed and fished out her phone from her bag. She tried to call his number and again, it went into the voicemail. Then, she tried to call the other number. When it gets through, she sat up immediately.

“yeoboseyo....” the man said.

“Haha oppa, Jong kook oppa isnt at home. Is he with you?" 

“oh Ji hyo ah, he’s sleeping now. Tired from the flight maybe"

“flight? What flight?”

“didnt he told you already? We got problems in Japan's project. So, we came here to settle it"

“hmm I forget about it, oppa” she lied. She didnt know about his flying. Then, she recalled back the phone call this late afternoon "I gues I'll call you back later" she ended the call without waiting for his response. A tear is threatened to fall from her eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

It’s been three days she was all alone in the apartment. Three days, she woke up alone on the big queen sized bed, eating the breakfast alone, and went back home to the empty house. She's always comes home late and spending more time at her uni. It's better she keeps herself busy rather than thinking about him.

Speaking about him, he never even once called her to ask her whether she's okay or not. It's always been Haha who is keep calling her to know her condition. When she wanted to speak to him, he's already sleep or currently in a meeting. When she tried to call him, it's always the same woman who picked up her calls, telling her the same things over and over again 'the person you calling is not answering and bla bla bla' She missed her husband, her Kim Jong kook.

‘please, get home soon oppa. I miss you. Our baby miss you'

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Without her knowing, the person she missed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter