chapter 49

Definition of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“take me” as she said that, Jong kook widened his eyes and started to break free. He tried to form a word, but he cant. He just shook his head weakly while looking sadly at her.

Seo joon looked at Ji hyo interestedly. He stood in front of Ji hyo before slightly bent forward as his face is the same level with her making Ji hyo backed away a bit from him as he was too close to her. Her back is leaning against the couch and she cant make any movement as he caged her with his arms at each side.

“I mean…..I just mean….” Ji hyo was at dead end. The smirk on Seo joon’s face really pissed her off.

“kiss me” he demanded her. She tried to find excuses to distract him but her mind is blank.

While Ji hyo was putting her guard down, Seo joon attacked her lips. Her eyes widen and her body tensed up. She even more startled to move. His kisses trailed down to her neck and she looked over his shoulder, looking at her man. Jong kook’s face was hard to read. She cant read his feeling from his expression right now. Is it pain, guilty or anger. She shed her tears finally after so long she holds up.

“what are you doing?” Eun hye half screamed and half shouted causing Seo joon stopped his doings. She marched towards him and pulled him away from Ji hyo to the other side of the room.

Seo joon was clearly furious because the interrupting. His hands were on his hips “what?” with that, he earned a slap from her. The sound of the slap echoes across the room. He glared at her “excuse me” he said “did you just slap my face?”

“why? Cant I?” she raised her hand, attempting to slap him one more time but, Seo joon is faster. He grasped her hand tightly.

“you have no rights to touch me and what more to slap me in the face. You are just a woman that satisfied my needs only. Not different than the s at the street”

“really? Then, I wish you rot in the jail for the rest of your life” his face was in confusion “the police are here. They might be in their way to catch you in this seconds. I came here to tell you that but, you were so busy in your own world”

“freeze!” a group of man wearing a black attire barged in with guns appointed to both of Seo joon and Eun hye “hands up and get down on your knees” Eun hye obediently obeyed while smirking at Seo joon “do not try anything or else we shoot you” having no choices, he slowly falls on his knees before the police cuffed both of them.

Ji hyo ignored the commotion around her and quickly checked on Jong kook, untying him. His hands went limp and his head was facing down. She lifted his head to get his attention “oppa, we are safe now” he smiled slightly but he winced in pain the next seconds “someone please, I need medics here” tears were streaming down her face.

“they were on their way maam” the said police replied.

She turned back to Jong kook who looked like would pass out “you hear that oppa. Stay with me. Stay with me until they arrive okay? Don’t fall asleep”

“.…Da hae…” he said barely in whisper.

“Ji hyo ah” Haha approached her with Min hee followed behind him. She was holding Da hae who is crying.

Ji hyo wiped her tears and lifted Jong kook’s head once again “she’s fine, oppa. Hear that. She’s crying because she is telling you to hang on. Look at me” she cupped his face “don’t fall asleep. I now you feel sleepy but don’t…..”

Haha cant say a word to Jong kook to comfort him. Min hee also was choked in tears seeing her brother like that.

Jong kook slowly brought his right hand to touch Ji hyo’s face before she grasped it and leaned her face against his hand “….I’m…..sorry….”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

One week after…..

 

 

Ji hyo woke up at seven in the morning sharp. Da hae also had woken up.

“aigoo, you are just like your appa Da hae ah. What i am going to do with you?” she said in a smile but it slowly faded. She looked at the empty space of the bed longingly before shaking her head “lets go take a bath”

After everything was settled in the car, Ji hyo placed Da hae at the baby’s car seat. Then, she hopped in the car before starting to drive to her in laws.

“you’re late, Ji hyo ah” Mrs Kim said to Ji hyo before holding Da hae in her arms. Ji hyo just smiled “I told you to move in here already. It will be more convincing for Da hae and you”

“I’m sorry, eomonim but you know the reasons” she replied in polite.

Mrs Kim cant help but felt pity for her daughter in law. She was struggled to balance her life with Da hae now without Jong kook by her side.

“you are here? Let me drive you” Haha offered and Ji hyo gladly accepted it.

“how’s the company?” Ji hyo broke the deafening silence in the car.

Haha turned to her slightly before focusing on the road “still the same. Nothing changed. Meeting, meeting and meeting again” he sighed “you know what, Min hee was furious in the last meeting” he chuckled before continue “she got so mad when the board of the directors wanted her to be the president of the company. She said it was too soon and the power of that decision is in your hands. As the wife of the president and CEO of the company, you…”

“I’m not interested in business” she cut him off.

“I know and I understand, but you have responsibility on that company too”

“I have one in the hospital too”

Haha pulled over as they had arrived at JH Hospital’s lobby. He laughed in defeat and turned to her “you are one hard woman to handle. No wonder you are hyung’s weaknesses”

“what makes you think I listen to you when I’m not listening to him once?” she challenged him.

“arasso” he sighed in defeat “call me if you want to go home. I’ll pick you up”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter