chapter 35

Definition of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s been a week Jong kook spent his time at his villa in Jeju island. That's mean, it's been one hell week without Ji hyo by his side. He had a meet up with Mr Han regarding their project but, he got there earlier than he supposed to be. He wanted to be away from Ji hyo.

He wanted to show her this villa as a surprise for her. The owner kindly gave him with an affordable price as they are actually a business partner and Jong kook also used to help him when he struggled with life. But, things changed. The day he wanted to tell her, was the same day she got admitted to the hospital.

“what happened to her, Jong kook ah?” his mother in law anxiously asked him while waiting for the doctor to check on JI hyo at the emergency room. She clearly shocked when seeing his daughter is in pain just now.

“I-I dont know eomoni. She is fine when we were talking this morning" Jong kook replied him in a shaking voice. Then, silence accompanied them. No one is talking till Min ho came out from the room.

“how’s my daughter Min ho ah?” Dr Song stood up from his sit and asked the man who is in charged of Ji hyo. Jong kook who is beside him also stood up with the helped from Jong ki. He waited nervously for the news.

“just a bleeding a bit but she's okay and stable. Her baby is also out of danger" all of them sigh with relieve but held their breathe when he continued "but, it seems the pain Ji hyo felt is not usual. Did she hit something or fall perhaps? The impact was too much for the baby to endure it and it kind of shock the baby"

Everyone looked at Jong kook and he can feel their stares "I-I accidentally tripped her legs anc causing her to fall, but I didnt meant it. It wasnt my intention.....and and when I asked her, she said she's fine. After that, we talked like usual until........" he trailed off.

He admitted, he’s the one that should be put blamed into, but everyone said it's not his fault, even deep down he knew they put the blamed on him. He chuckled in disbelieved. He was the one who tripped her, causing her to fall, the one that made her admitted and the one who is risking his baby. So, which part that telling him it wasnt his fault?

Before he went to Jeju, he entered carefully into her room. Haha helped him to get to near her before distant himself about five steps away to give his hyung aa privacy. She didnt realise it as the doctor put her into sleeping. He reached out for her hand and locked it with his, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb in a circle motion.

“Ji hyo ah, I’ll be away from you for a while. I didnt know for how long but i hope it's not too long. I need some time to reflect myself, thinking our future, whether I should let you go or keep holding on to you or not. I cant help but to think that just maybe I'm not the perfect man for you anymore" he felt like there's a lump that stuck at his throat, choaking him now "you deserve a better man than me" with that he let go of her and wanted to leave from there.

He should be happy knowing she can live without any worries about him anymore. All he brought to her life is just pain. He should trust that someone will keep his promised to him. A promise to take care of her. Taking care of her during his disappearance for a good thinking.

“where you thinking you’re going, hyung?” Jong ki who happened to hear Jong kook's confession stopped him from walking away "are you leaving just like that? cant you wait for her to wake up first?" he said in angry tone.

“it’s not like that, Jong ki ah. You get me wrong" Jong kook decided to tell his plan "for the time being, take care of her for me. Promise me, you wont tell her about this"

“sooner or later, she will know you left her. She will go crazy about it"

“I know, just promise me”

“I will, and I’ll wait for your return”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

The disappearance of Jong kook really made Ji hyo not in the right mind. She tried to call his phone few times but it got engaged "oppa, please pick up the phone. Why are you doing this to me?"

She tried called Haha’s number but it couldnt be reached too. She threw her phone to her bed, hands are at her hips. She thinkgs hard of where he could be. She shook her head when she cant get the answer. He is a man that will not run away from a problem. She gets her phone back and headed downstairs, grabbing her car key along the way. She opened the front door just in time when Jong ki got back from his school.

“noona, where you’re going?” Jong ki blocked her way. He just got back from his classes. Ji hyo walked passed him, ignoring his question. He followed her "hey noona, let me drive, okay?"

“make it fast” she gave her keys to his chest.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Jong ki watched her sister who is now sitting on the swing from the bench. It's been two hours they stopped at this playground. He cant stand it anymore so, he went to her and crouched down in front of her. She didnt bother by his presence.

“noona” he called her softly and touched her hand on her lap. He lifted up her face by her chin to get a better look at her. Her eyes were red, swollen and puffy from the crying. He wiped away the remaining tears "have you read it?"

Two hours ago before they went to the playground, they went to Jong kook's family house. Ji hyo rushly went to look for his mother and ask about him. It turned out, it was a bad decision to come there.

“I’m sorry, Ji hyo ah. I’m sorry he did this to you while you in this state. He didnt said anything. I dont know where he went to. I couldnt locate Haha too. He just give me this to give to you if you're coming here to look for him and told me to take care of you" Mrs Kim sadly said to her while hugging her.

“he left me” she said out of sudden "I should be happy, right? He isnt here to make my life hard and difficult anymore" she tried so hard to fake a smile but her tears betrayed her once again.

Jong ki gathered her to his chest, wetting his shirt with her tears. After she seemed to calm a bit, he pulled away "lets go home. It's go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter