chapter 45

Definition of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A week had passed. Jong kook still didn’t tell Ji hyo about the threatening letter. He pretended to live with his family as usual. Knowing her, even a slight difference she can tell.

He woke up when he felt someone slapped his face softly for a few times. He forced his sleepy eyes and got greeted by his cute little daughter. She’s awake. He looked at Ji hyo’s side and she wasn’t there. Then, he heard the water shower is running. He turned to see the clock and it pointed to six.

He sat up and brought Da hae closer to his chest while he is leaning against the headboard. He yawned sometimes while waiting for Ji hyo to finish and nearly dozed off when he heard Ji hyo called him.

“hmm?” he said dreamily and opened his eyes. He saw Ji hyo is approaching him with just a towel covered her body and her hair is still dripping wet.

“did she awake? Ji hyo asked him who is staring at her back. Seeing him didn’t respond to her, she touched the side of his face causing him to wake up from his dream with the touch from her cold hand.

Jong kook cleared his throat “why you’re showering at this time?”

Ji hyo walked away from him and went to the closet, choosing her clothes for that day “havent I told you last night, oppa? My leave is ended already and I should get back to work today”

“ohh okay”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Both Jong kook and Ji hyo agreed that they will send Da hae to Jong kook’s parents. The Kims also gladly accepted it as they got nothing to do and had a lot of free time. They didn’t want to send Da hae to Ji hyo’s parents because her father is working and don’t want to burden her mother too.

“i’m sorry for troubled you, eomoni abeonim” Ji hyo said to them while giving Da hae into Mrs Kim’s arms.

“we don’t have a choice. I don’t want to hire a maid or babysitter for Da hae, I don’t trust them who is I barely know if she is in their hands” Jong kook reasoned out and somehow he let his guard down, letting out his worries. Ji hyo eyed him strangely.

“yah Jong kook! I understand. We also like you when you guys were little. don’t worry. she will be okay with us” Mrs Kim said to assure his son.

“alright, here is her bag. If anything happens, please call me”

“aish you are worse than Ji hyo. She is the mother. She’s the one who supposed to feel worried the most”

“that’s enough. Go! You will be late for work” Mr Kim said.

Jong kook reluctantly obeyed and gave his daughter a kiss on her cheek before Ji hyo also did the same thing too. Both of them entered the car and Jong kook drove away to send Ji hyo to the hospital.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

One fine morning, Jong kook is busy in preparing the car before they went to work. He is getting the Da hae’s bag into the car when a postman delivered the letters to his house. He went to get it and check it thoroughly while walking back to the car just like usual morning he did but, a letter causing him to freeze. It was just the same as the first one he got, his name is written on it.

Jong kook looked back to his house nervously to see whether Ji hyo is ready or not before he focused back to the letter after confirming that she is still busy with Da hae. He tore it apart and took out his content.

It was the same. Pictures. But the strange things are, they were all pictures of Ji hyo. Why! He read the small piece of paper.

‘this is Song Ji hyo. I bet you knew her after all she is your own wife. isnt she such a sweet person Kim Jong kook ssi? You’re truly lucky to have her as your wife, but try to imagine your life without her’

A sudden phone ringing broke his focus. It is Ji hyo’s who is walking towards him. He quickly hid it in his coat and went to his car, starting the engine. Ji hyo entered the car with Da hae in her arms after ended the call and Jong kook drove away like nothing happened.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“hyung, you got to tell Ji hyo about this. This had turned into a serious matter. You cant handle this on your own” Haha advised Jong kook after knowing about the second threat.

“i know I know” Jong kook said it repeatedly “…….but I don’t want to make her to be worried”

“she had the right to know, hyung. It concerns about her, your daughter and yourself as well”

“what I should I do, Dong hoon ah? I cant think properly right now”

Haha pondered for a while to do some thinking “if you didn’t want Ji hyo to know, you can hire a few bodyguards around your home and keep someone to watch over her at work or follow where ever she goings. These way, she will be safe under the protection of the bodyguards”

“what if she asaskse why I set up the guards for her?”

“i’m sure you can figure it out or maybe to make your work easier, you can just tell her the truth” Jong kook just looked at Haha with an are-you-kidding-me face “what? I’m sure she will understand and try to solve the things together with you”

“i’ll think about it”

Jong kook’s phone rang and he looked at the caller id. He chuckled and picked up the phone to show it to Haha before he answered the call. Just seeing her name only can make his problems away. Haha left him to give him a privacy.

“yeoboseyo…..oppa?”

“yah yeobo, why did you call me? Miss me so much?”

“aish oppa……..I’m not. Hmm maybe just a bit, hehe….but I miss Da hae more”

“really? And why is that?”

“she is my sweet, cute baby daughter. Of course, I miss her so much”

“fine, I’m gonna hang up now”

Jong kook wanted to but he accidentally pushed the button of end call. So, he really hanged up the phone. He waited for Ji hyo to call him again but she didn’t. Instead of that, a message from her comes in.

‘aigoo oppa……don’t be a sulky tiger. Of course, I miss my caring, sweet talker and not so handsome husband. Anyway, I called you because I wanted to tell you I’ll be late today. There’s some gathering but I promised not to be too late and can you pick up Da hae alone? I’m sorry’

“aish this woman. Not so handsome huh?” he mumbled to himself before replying the message.

‘arasso! This not so handsome husband of yours will be a single father today’

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Meanwhile…..

 

“why you send the pictures to that Kim Jong kook? It’s not like it can harm him anyway” Eun hye took a seat on Seo j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter