Chapter 8: Just the Way We Are

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

After the music show, I excused myself out. I barely made up to the success of the other show but I feel guilty for almost failing them. They were all thanking the staff and congratulating us for the success of the production but I had enough. I feel like I've been through lots of things to think about and I just want to rest.

But when the hallway is clear and everyone is busy at the set, seeing him is beyond my expectation.

We are both at the extremes of the hallway. No one was there except us. We were both standing at both ends and looking at each other. I don't know what to say, don't know what to do. All I know is I am faced in a situation which is for sure, making me tensed and scared. Yes, I am scared of what may happen if I talk or if he does. We are like standing on a seesaw, both of us are balancing the weight and if someone does one wrong move, the other falls and gets injured.

But then, he smiled and waved at me. I didn't smile nor wave however. I just stood there and stared at him. And when he started to walk towards me, my feet betrayed me as it tried to balance the weight that the seesaw contains.

And I know right then and there, the feelings resurfaced. Maybe, it wasn't lost nor gone after all. Maybe, it was just kept for this purpose. Maybe, the feeling that the distance had made cold has now been put in a microwave.

-Slowly, slowly, our footsteps walk

As we look at each other from far away, from close up-