Chapter 42: Spotless Mind (Part 4)

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

Then Joonyoung suddenly felt something. He woke up and saw her once again. She was holding onto his hand while she was crying.

 

“Sorry, I woke you up,” she said but Joonyoung shook his head.

 

“It’s okay,” he said and he raised his hand to reach for her face. When he finally did, he wiped away her tears and Sooyoung felt like the Joonyoung she wanted to see for that day came back and is now in front of her. She felt like Joonyoung had finally remembered her when he wiped her tears.

 

She wanted her tears to stop already but it didn’t stop from flowing.

 

Then they looked at each other for some time, their eyes communicating but can’t understand each other’s message.

 

Sooyoung wanted to talk to him and tell him everything but she wanted to make him rest for the time being. She didn’t want to push him hard because she knew that everything is fresh. All the cuts are still fresh and she didn’t want to give him more pain. She just want to be with him at the moment and just make him feel comforted.

 

Joonyoung, by looking at her tears, felt sad. It felt like he have known Sooyoung for all his life and he felt familiar around her but he can’t remember who she is in his life. Just by looking at her in the eyes, he felt special, he felt happy for a moment, and it felt like something inside him healed. But her tears made him sad too, he doesn’t understand everything he is feeling but everything felt different.

 

I’m flustered by seeing

Your face for the first time

And your tears

Don’t cry,

Those tears look so sad