Chapter 35: An X like You (Part 3)

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

As I prepare my own food another memory with you crept into my mind.

 

“I actually prepared a breakfast for two.” I said and got up too.

 

“You--- What?” She displayed a shock face.

 

“I cooked breakfast.” I repeated and she ran to the kitchen. I followed her while I kept on chuckling.

 

“I’m surprised you didn’t burn the whole kitchen.” She joked and I chuckled once again.

 

“I almost did.” I said and she laughed it off too.

 

“Then, let’s see what’s for breakfast.” She said and uncovered the food I laid on the table this morning.

 

“So all in all, we have a burned hotdog and bacon, cold soup and ramen. And a toasted bread with egg.” She stated as she checked every food and sniffed them. I felt embarrassed for a moment.

 

“Let’s dig in.” She said and took a seat comfortably. For a while, I stayed pasted on the floor to where I am standing at. This is the girl who never complains of anything. Who can eat whatever I serve and appreciate every little thing I do for her. She makes me feel special just the way I make her special every days of our lives.

 

Then another flood of tears freely flowed from my eyes. I didn’t want to eat anymore. I lost my appetite.

 

The typical things you want to hear

It repeats again, where is no lie?

That typical fakeness is in your body

Can you put it away?

Shameless smile your dirty smile