Chapter 11: Really

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

Jung Joonyoung’s P.O.V

 

When I opened my eyes, I wished the time would stop. I just want to stare at her beautiful face. I missed her in years. This moment, this is what I dreamed for when we started our relationship- waking up in the morning and seeing her angelic face first thing in the morning as I open my eyes. I started to dream of our future together which I almost fail to reach. I almost let go of the girl I loved so much. But now that we are together, I won’t even think for a second to leave her nor let go of her hand.

 

I brushed her face with my thumb and she slowly opened her eyes.

 

“Good morning beautiful. How are you feeling right now?” I asked her in a soft voice and she brushed her eyes with the back of her hand.

 

“Oh? Did I sleep a lot?” She softly asked.

 

“Almost 10 hours. I told you not to stress yourself in cleaning. I could’ve asked someone to come over since you weren’t really feeling well.” I told her and she smiled at me while looking in my eyes.

 

“This is the least thing I can do for you.” She convinced me.

 

“But not to the point of hurting yourself in the process. Please don’t make me worried like yesterday. I swear! I don’t know what to do with such kind of situation. I might make things worse.” I confessed noting the worried tone in my voice.

 

“But you did well in taking care of me. That’s why I am feeling well today.”

 

“Thanks to you the nurse in me came out.”

 

“Joonyoung-ah, where did you sleep last night?” She asked out of nowhere.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I don’t remember we are lying here in bed last night. You were just at the sofa and checking on me.” A smile escaped in my lips after hearing her. She didn’t remember she had a nightmare that I had to hold her in my arms until she went back to sleep. Let me play around for a while.

 

“Oh, that? You pulled me yesterday. You sleep walked and kissed me then---“

 

Yah! The truth…” She scolded me and I found her cute as she displayed her angry face.

 

“Okay, okay. You had a nightmare yesterday. One of those you always have and I needed to hush you down and wait till you sleep again. I fell asleep shortly after I heard you sleep soundly.” I stated and she just nodded.

 

“Yeah, the nightmare. Wait! Does Dad know---”She opened her eyes widely.

 

“I told him last night. He did not want me to carry you down to the 3rd floor. So he allowed me to take care of you. Actually I got some tip from him on how to take care of you when you have fever, although I looked stupid for the panic last night, Thanks to him.”

 

“I need to get going then.” She said and got up immediately.

 

“I actually prepared a breakfast for two.” I said and got up too.

 

“You--- What?” She displayed a shock face.

 

“I cooked breakfast.” I repeated and she ran to the kitchen. I followed her while I kept on chuckling.

 

“I’m surprised you didn’t burn the whole kitchen.” She joked and I chuckled once again.

 

“I almost did.” I said and she laughed it off too.

 

“Then, let’s see what’s for breakfast.” She said and uncovered the food I laid on the table this morning.

 

“So all in all, we have a burned hotdog and bacon, cold soup and ramen. And a toasted bread with egg.” She stated as she checked every food and sniffed them. I felt embarrassed for a moment.

 

“Let’s dig in.” She said and took a seat comfortably. For a while, I stayed pasted on the floor to where I am standing at. This is the girl who never complains of anything. Who can eat whatever I serve and appreciate every little thing I do for her. She makes me feel special just the way I make her special every days of our lives.

 

I joined her shortly after and we enjoyed the meal together. She didn’t even leave any food on her plate.

 

“Did you really eat everything I cooked?” I asked her in amazement.

 

“As you can see,” She said and pointed at her plate.

 

“You can cook a delicious food Joonyoung-ie. Just a little practice and you can perfect it.” What she said made me feel proud. So I can actually cook some food for her in the future.

 

Sooyoung. She is the girl of my dreams. She is the only girl my heart can love. She is the girl who makes this life reality.

 

-When I opened my eyes in the morning

The day was brightening but stopped for a moment

I hoped it would stop as it is

I hoped today would become everyday-