Chapter 23: The Sense of an Ending

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

“Sooyoung! Please talk to me,” I begged when I saw her in the parking lot of the company. She was fixing her things and she didn’t want to talk to me.

 

“Please, just go away!” She said as she shoved me off after I attempted to help her carry her files.

 

“Sooyoung, please. Just this once, let’s talk.” I begged once again and I knelt in front of her.

 

She let out a heavy sigh before looking down at me and reaching for my hand to stand up.

 

“5 minutes.” She said and I quickly stood up.

 

“Sooyoung, I’m really sorry for everything. I never intended to make our relationship complicated. Please, forgive me. Please give me one last chance.” I told her but she strongly shook her head.

 

“We can’t. Joonyoung, if we take this risk once again, I am afraid we will just end up hurting each other more. And I wanted to try another path, away from you.” She said and I did my very best to stop my eyes from the tears it may produce any moment.

 

“You…You’re le…leav---ing?” I stuttered due to the fact that I didn’t want to hear her answer. She just nodded and I was still thankful she didn’t talk, or else it will give me another crack in my heart.

 

“Whe…Where are y…you go…ing?” I asked and she bowed her head before answering. I saw her bite her lip before she returned her gaze at me.

 

“I won’t tell you and you would never know. Joonyoung, I want you to be happy in your career. I want you to live your life without worrying about me. I just want you to live comfortably, so please don’t look for me.” She said and turned her back on me as she quickly rode in her car and drove off. I was left in the lot feeling so weak. Every part of my body felt numb except for my heart which felt like being pricked by millions of needle and at the same time being crushed by a heavy dumbbell.

 

-What should I say?

What face should I make?

Won’t my turned back look too in pain?

Should I cry and cling on?

Should I show my weak side?

I’m afraid of seeing you from far away-