Chapter 44: Spotless Mind (Part 6)

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

Just when Sooyoung was about to open to answer him even if she didn’t want to, a knock on the door was heard.

 

“Time for your meds, Mr. Jung,” The nurse lively said and Sooyoung excused herself out promising Joonyoung that she will be back.

 

“You are lucky with your girlfriend Mr. Jung, she is making an effort and giving you all her attention, given the situation,” The nurse commented and although Joonyoung didn’t understand what she said, he smiled.

 

‘Girlfriend?’ He thought to himself before looking at the window, he wanted to divert his attention since he hated to see the syringe.

 

After a few minutes, the nurse went out of Joonyoung’s room and gave Sooyoung a wink. Sooyoung and Joonyoung’s parents stood up at once.

 

“He is sleeping now, you can watch over him.” The nurse said and they nodded as she leaves them in front of the door.

 

“Uncle, I can stay here for some time still. You can just go home and pack some clothes. And have some rest too. I heard you were here since last night and you haven’t had much sleep.” Sooyoung said as she volunteered to look after him.

 

“Thank you Sooyoung. Please take care of him for the mean time then. Your Aunt really needs some rest. We’ll be back tomorrow,” Joonyoung’s Dad said and she nodded politely.

 

“I will,” She said and gave them a weak smile.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, Don’t blame yourself for what happened, okay? It wasn’t anybody’s fault. I know you have something to sort out with my son but this has nothing to do with the accident, understand? So try to relax your mind now.” Joonyoung’s mother said and Sooyoung almost cried but she managed not to.

 

She waited for them to set off before she decided to enter Joonyoung’s room.

 

Joonyoung was soundly sleeping and she smiled soon as she heard him that way. She missed him. Then she noticed that his blanket was about to fall off so she fixed it and covered him properly.

 

She took his hand once again and watched him. She missed the mornings when she woke up and just stare at his face. Few minutes later, Sooyoung closed her eyes and slept, still holding on to his hand.

 

Minutes later, Joonyoung woke up and felt a hand tightly holding on his. When he turned to see it, he saw Sooyoung sleeping near his hand. He stared at her and studied her face. He seemed to be familiar of the same event but can’t remember it. All he knows is that there is something when he looks at her.

 

His gaze remained on her face and he wasn’t aware he was shedding tears.

He felt like he has reached his dream and that dream is in front of him now. He can’t explain what he was feeling but he knew it was something special and that his tears didn’t mean sadness. It wasn’t mere happiness either. He knew it was something more that he still don’t know at the moment.

 

I don’t know you

It’s my first time seeing you

I don’t know anything

But why is this?

What are these tears, flowing from my eyes?