Chapter 13: Really

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

We were at the seashore all day making whatever we can do to enjoy this free day, each leaving traces of memory only the both of us has shared.

 

“Look at the waves, Joonyoung-ie. They seemed to calm down.” She told me as she pointed at the waves.

 

“Like the feeling I have right now having you here beside me.” I said while looking at the sea. Then I felt her eyes looking intently at me.

 

“Are they over working you?” she asked with worried look. I faced her full length and cupped her face.

 

“No they aren’t. I am just working hard for the life we’ll have in the future.” I answered and cupped her face. She just looked at me, like she was trying to confirm the truth in my eyes.

 

“You don’t need to work too much. You have me and we are in this life together now, so at least make me take part too,” she softly said and I can tell just by the look in her eyes that she is not happy with me overworking.

 

“I know, I know. But of course, I can’t avoid it too. Just trust me, okay? And don’t worry; I will not overwork anymore so you will be at ease.” I said and she hugged me tight.

 

“Thank you,” she whispered and I hugged her even more. Just having her in my arms make me want to be with her every days of my life.

 

“Babe, the sun is setting.” She said and we both looked at the sea. The horizon meeting the setting sun reminded me of the time we saw each other after a long time. It reminded me of how much I wanted to pull her close to mine and apologize for leaving her and not making things clear to her. And now that I have her, I know it’s real. I know that I already have her and I know the love we are sharing right now is strong.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, thank you,” I whispered in her ear and she looked up at me.

“For what?” she asked innocently.

 

“For everything, especially the fact that you have given me a second chance in your heart,” I answered and she smiled.

 

“What can I do? I just love you.” She said and I closed the space between us. In a second, my lips touched hers and we shared a sweet and passionate kiss, one that we never had. One that is new; One that doesn’t involve hurt or anything negative. It is one of the brand new kisses that involve real love and assurance, one that contains happiness and security. It is a kiss that is shared by loving hearts longing to be with each other every second of every day.

 

-But this isn’t a lie

It seems like a dream but it isn’t a lie

The story of today that is like a lie

It seems like a dream but it isn’t a lie

No, it’s for real-