Chapter 1: Just the Way We Are

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

Kim Sooyoung's P.O.V

"Happy 3rd anniversary!" he greeted me as he blew his party hat and went near me with a cake.

He never failed to surprise me and show me love. I know we are already together for three years but I just don't know what's wrong with me. I can't remember clearly the days when we started this love story of us. All I know is the feeling; all that remained in me are the feelings from those days and not the memories we shared together.

Maybe because I'm not just good with remembering things, especially the happy ones, that's why.

This guy in front of me, I know he is the guy I love and will love for the rest of my life. But why does it feel this way? Why does it feel different? Is this the effect of being with each other for a long time, say 3 years to be exact? Or just the effect of the misunderstanding we had just 3 days ago?

"Let's make a wish together, babe. Okay?" he interrupted me from my thoughts. So I just nod before we both closed our eyes.

Wish? I only have one wish every time he asks me to wish. But for the record, I will have to wish 3 since it's our 3rd anniversary.

First, I wish for a better me who can be better at things I'm good at and things I'm not really good at. Second, I wish to stay in love with this guy beside me. And third, I wish to spend a lifetime with him even if we would have to cross the rivers, the oceans and the seas or climb the mountains, all low and high.

"Ready? Let's blow the candles on 3, okay? 1. 2. 3!" As we blew the candle, he kissed me on my cheeks and I smiled at him.

"I love you," I told him and he smiled with his eyes.

"I love you even more." He replied.

"Do you still remember our first monthsary? When we were at the seaside?" he asked my after he put down the cake. I just stared at him, blankly. I know we were happy back then, but I don't know what exactly happened.

"Hey, don't be like that. How could you not remember such happy memory? Okay, I will let you remember it. It was our school outing. We were at the seaside when we celebrated our first monthsary. We were shouting our hearts out, shouting to the waves how much we love each other. We even called the attention of our teachers who thought we've gone crazy so we did a 1 day community service when we returned to school the next day." He said happily, as if being in the moment.

"Yeah, I remember it now. That was the happiest experience for me." I said and he hugged me, tightly.

 

-Only thinking about the happy things

It's hard; I'm not good at that

It's only me, am I different? Is something wrong with me?-