Chapter 24: The Sense of an Ending (Final Part)

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

I am really determined to stop her and she is not going anywhere without me. I love her and I don’t want to let her go, not now that all the plans I have in life involves her. And I know I will never be complete without her.

 

“Son, I’m really sorry but you can’t talk to her.” Her Dad told me early in the morning when I heard today is the day they are moving.

 

“Can’t I at least know where you are going?” I asked him and gave him my pleading look but he shook his head.

 

“Inasmuch as I want to give you details, I also want my daughter’s decision be respected. And please, be the one to understand the situation both of you is in.” He answered and gestured me to go so I retreated to the apartment’s parking lot.

 

I won’t easily give up. We’ve been through worse and we promised each other to hold on to each other’s hand no matter what.

 

Few minutes later, I saw her and her Dad going out of the elevator and they headed to the car. I knelt in front of her and looked at her directly in the eye. But she was the one who withdrew and looked away.

 

“What now?” She coldly asked and I can tell from her voice that she is faking the attitude she is showing me right now.

 

“I never agreed with the break-up so it means we are still in a relationship…unless…unless you---“

 

“Unless I tell you I don’t love you anymore? Do you really think I won’t be able to tell that to you?” She furiously said and she chuckled a bit.

 

“Then let me get this straight. I don’t love you anymore Jung Joonyoung and I don’t ever want to see you again. I hate you for everything and I just want my life back, the life I had when you let me go years ago!” Every word, every phrase, everything she said, it all sent daggers to my heart and I wasn’t able to react. I watched her rode the car with her father who gave me an apologetic look. Then I watched the car fade away.

 

“Sooyoung…Sooyoung…Sooyoung…Please…”

 

I wanted to scream, I wanted to run after her and ask her to take back everything she said. I wished she went back and told me everything was just a prank…but she didn’t.

 

“Sooyoung-ah!”I was finally able to scream….even though I know she wouldn’t give me the chance anymore.

 

-A cry escapes and tears fall

I get angry at myself for being like this

The minute, the second that passes

Can’t it stop here?

I’ll practice lying to say I’m alright

But why are you growing faint from far away?-