Chapter 18: The Sense of an Ending

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

Jung Joonyoung’s P.O.V

“You didn’t have to come today. I just cleaned yesterday.” I told her but she didn’t dare look at me to argue.

 

“I figured out you might forget your garbage so I came to throw it for you.” She said and went inside my room. I sighed as I look at her doing all the chores in my room again. I told her many times to just leave it but she won’t listen.

 

“Aren’t you going? You might be late for the recording today.” She said and it snapped me back to reality. After what happened last week when we arrived, things seem to be different.

 

“Aren’t you really going to say something about us? I mean---“

 

“Joonyoung, look, we are really fine now. We talked it out so please don’t bring that topic up again.” She said and that was the only time she looked at me. Her eyes looked puffy and I can tell she didn’t get enough sleep.

 

“Are you okay? Don’t you feel sick?” I worriedly asked but then she avoided my hand and stepped back.

 

“I’m fine. I think you should really get going now or else you will be late.” She insisted and I can’t take this anymore. But seeing her with this situation, I can’t bear to even bring any issue we have at the moment. Still, on the other hand, I wanted to know what’s wrong.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, I can really feel there’s something you aren’t telling me and it is the reason why you are acting this way. If you are ready to tell me, I am just one phone call away and I will come to you, okay? I don’t want anything to come between us.” I told her and she nodded.

 

I attempted to give her a peck on the cheeks but by seeing that she isn’t really fine, I pulled her close to mine for a hug. I felt that she was about to hold back but then she didn’t and I’m thankful she didn’t.

 

 

-Your cold voice

It seems like something is wrong

I can’t figure out your heart-