Chapter 14: Really

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

After watching the sunset, we headed back to the cottage and opened the refrigerator to see what we can cook. I asked one of my old friends here to put some food stock for me and Sooyoung so we can have our time alone outside the cottage. Then I saw the grilling materials outside.

 

“Want some grilled pork?” I asked Sooyoung and her face lit up.

 

“I’d love to.” She said and we immediately brought the things we need outside.

 

By the time we started to grill, she also started to cook for rice and ramen. She even washed some lettuce for us.

 

“Doing fine?” She asked me as she checks on me.

 

“Great.” I answered. “This is the only food I don’t have to worry of burning.” I added and we both chuckled about my statement.

 

“Then I’ll trust you with this,” she said with a smile as she wiped my sweat. I didn’t realize I was sweating because of the heat from the grilling.

 

After an hour, we are sitting near the mini bonfire I made and shared dinner together. But before we started to eat, she just started laughing and I had no idea what was going on.

 

“Hey, mined to share what’s funny?” I asked and she laughed even more. Then she brought her cellphone out and took a picture of me.

 

“Come here, Joounyoung-ie.” She motioned me to go near her and I did. She was still laughing when she wiped my nose and cheek. I looked at the towel and I realized I had charcoal on my face which caused her laughter. I slowly took a bit of the ash and slowly wiped her cheeks.

 

Aigoo. My Sooyoung is so caring,” I said and she frowned as I started to laugh.

                                                                                                                              

Yah! Joounyoung-ah!” she exclaimed and I can’t just stop laughing.

 

“Wipe it off or else,” she said and I took the towel from her as I wiped her cheeks.

“Whatever it is, you are still beautiful.” I said and she blushed. At least I know that the pinkish part on her cheeks is because of blushing and not because of how I wiped it.

 

“You too were cute back there.” She commented and we just chuckled before we proceeded with eating our dinner.

 

After eating, we decided to stay outside and watch the stars lighting up the sky. We shared the same folding chair and we were both quiet as we listen to the sound of the night.

 

“So, what is our plan for tomorrow?” She asked me and I looked at her who is currently looking at the stars.

 

“I am suggesting that maybe I can tour you around some places here since I have lived in this place for some time.” I told her and she smiled.

 

“Sounds like a plan?” I asked to confirm it and she looked at me.

 

“Sounds like a plan.” She confirmed.

 

I pulled her closer to mine as the night wind blew. The bonfire near us was a bit not giving enough heat.

 

“Oh my… Joonyoung-ah, there’s a shooting star. Hurry and wish.” She quickly said as she closed her eyes. I did the same smiling at how serious she was with the shooting star belief of granting any body’s wish.

 

I held her tighter as I wished for both of us and I felt her hold unto my hand tighter too. With all this happiness and sweetness that we have right now, it seems like I am dreaming, like everything is just camouflaged. I just can’t believe that everything I wanted to happen between us is really happening. I tried to bite my tongue and it really hurts. No, this is real.

 

-Maybe this is all a dream

I ask and ask again several times but

Being in the same place as you seemed like a dream

It seemed like a lie-