Chapter 3: Just the Way We Are

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

No matter how hard this situation is, I wanted to make the most of it. I just want to be happy while we are still together and still able to see each other regularly.

"Let's try the basketball game. I'm really good with that." He suggested while we are looking for new things to play at the mall.

"But I don't know how to play it." I said and he smiled.

"That's not a problem, you're just with the perfect person who can teach you," he winked and held my hand.

The next thing I knew, we were in front of the machine and I am already holding a basketball and he is holding unto my arms, as if hugging me. Then he patiently taught me how to play it, until I can already do it on my own.

We both played and aimed for the jackpot score flashed at the left side of the board. We shot aimlessly at the ring. We just threw the ball as we laughed our hearts out because of our insanity. We even threw the ball hardly that it bounce back at us and outside the machine. For a moment, we forgot about the reason why we really want to make too many memories together while we still have the time. We forgot that sooner, we won't be able to do these things.

"Joonyoung! I told you, I'm not riding that." I spoke with authority. He was insisting on riding the Space Shuttle Max, but I don't like it. I feel like throwing up just by the sight of it.

"Sooyoung, it's fine. As long as you're with me, you will be okay. Just look at me during the ride and I assure you, it will be worthwhile. This experience will be worthwhile, just trust me." He assured me and I closed my eyes before I held unto his arms.

When I opened my eyes, he was the first one I saw. He was looking at me too. He was making sure I am fine. Then he smiled and I felt the wheel turn.

"Just look at me and feel like we are flying in heaven." He softly said and my fright and nervousness were swept out.

"I will always love you, Kim Sooyoung!" he yelled as the ride increased its velocity. And I had this courage that tells me to scream too.

"From here to eternity, I love you too Jung Joonyoung!" I shouted and I laughed afterwards. I heard him chuckle and I faced him.

"See, you really are brave. I know you can do it." He said and I just felt the urge to kiss him, so I gave him a peck on his cheeks. But he returned the kiss with a sweet one, while the ride was going down; he held on my hands tighter and kissed me on my forehead.

-The less perfect version of me is okay

A little different from others, you're okay too

We're looking at each other with differences

When we're together, it's beautiful-