Chapter 2: Just the Way We Are

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

"Hey, don't be like that. Just tell me what you were supposed to tell me. It's not like people are watching us and will judge us if you speak up." I told him. I just can't handle the tension he is giving me right now. I know something is bothering him. With that kind of serious aura, I know there's something that hurts him.

"Sooyoung, please don't get mad at me if I tell you this, okay?" He started. I looked at his expression and his eyes were expecting me to say yes, so I did. Then I looked at his hands and it's quite trembling. I don't want to feel frightened with this kind of situation but my heart just keep pounding hard that I can almost hear it's beat.

"Go on." I told him.

"Sooyoung, I am transferring to another school." Soon as he let out those five words, I let out a deep sigh.

"But we're already in our final year. We'll be graduating in 5 months with our College degree."

"I know, but it can't be helped." He sadly said.

"It's fine then. I think it really can't be helped. It's okay, don't feel sad. We can still see each other. It's not like we will be miles apart. We only live one floor away? Your apartment is at the 4th floor and mine is here, at the 3rd floor. Yah! Joonyoung-ah, it's fine." I said to hide my sadness and make him feel better. I really hate seeing him so downhearted.

"It's not that way anymore. We're also moving out. Mom and Dad found a workplace near the school, and it's far from here." Is there an earthquake? Why do I feel like my world is shaking?

"Sooyoung-ah," he said and held my hand. I know I'm close to tears so I forced a smile and looked at him as I held on his hand tighter.

"When are you moving? Do you want me to help you pack your things?" I asked him. I just don't want to look weak.

"That would be a great idea. We're moving in 2 weeks. But before that, let's just eat outside. I really missed eating our favorite dish, Samgyeopsal." He said and although I am hurt that he didn't even understood the message I really want to tell him, I don't really want to help him pack his things, I only want to stop him from doing so, I smiled and nodded.

We were about to live when his phone rang.

"Hello, Dad? What is it?" He asked. I wanted to listen to their conversation because of the strong feeling I have that it is about his transfer, I just kept still on where I am standing. When he ended the call, I wish he never turned to me, because it hurts.

"Babe, I'm sorry. I have to go for now. We need to sign some papers for the transfer. I'm really sorry." He apologized.

"What's there to be sorry? Of course, you have to prioritize what comes first, just go. Your Dad hates waiting. Just call me if you're done." I said and smiled at him, a smile that's hiding a thousand kind of pain.

"Thank you for being so understanding. I promise to catch up with you later." He said and kissed me on my forehead before he ran to ride a taxi.

I stayed pasted on the same ground I was standing minutes ago. I feel like I don't have the strength to walk because I have spent lots of my courage to look happy. I put lots of strength just to force a smile for him not to worry about me.

Why does it have to turn this way?

 

-Speaking your honest thoughts

That's hard; I'm not good at that

I pretended to be happy with a smile

Did you know? Am I the only one?-