Chapter 16: Really

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

“What’s this food called?” she asked me as she pointed at the barbeque in front of us.

 

“If I remember it right, it’s called ‘Isaw’, that’s their term for intestines here.”

 

“I like it.” She said and took another bite from her second stick of the food. I just watched her munch her food and I feel full all of a sudden.

 

“Joonyoung-ah, have some.” She said and offered me a stick. I smiled first before I ate it.

 

“How is it?” She asked.

 

“Did you put some chili here?” I asked her and she burst into laughter.

 

I immediately grabbed the cola on our table and drunk it in one go. Where did she get that chili anyway? When I looked at her, she was still laughing and even holding her tummy. Now that I came to think of it, this was the first time that we had a date outside this way since the day we got back together. It’s only now that we actually bonded for real like we always did back then.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” She asked me when she noticed I wasn’t laughing and just looking at her.

 

“I am. I was just thinking of something.”

 

“What are you thinking of?”

 

“Us. Being this way, I mean this was like the old us. You know, having fun without caring about the people around and just enjoying the moment, the food.” I confessed and she cupped my face.

 

“Did you miss this?” She asked and I nodded.

 

“Well, what about going to a nearby mall, if there are any and play around the arcade or whatever is there?” She suggested and I immediately held her hand.

“Wait, let me finish my food. And you must eat too.” She said and that brought me back to reality.

 

“Sorry, I got excited about it.” I said and we ate the ones we bought before we took a cab to the mall.

 

Now that we are in front of the basketball machine, I remembered our memory once again. Everything feels so perfect, everything felt familiar when in fact we are in a different place. Everything seems to be a fantasy. Like we are the lead characters of the story and this is one scene where we share good times together after a long battle.

Just by seeing her smile, hearing her laughter and holding her hand, I felt like we are in a cloud nine. But I am not dreaming.

 

-I can’t believe it’s for real

Even if you and I being in the same place is a dream

Nothing would be strange and everything would seem like a lie-