Chapter 12: Really

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

Since it’s my free day today, I wanted to take Sooyoung somewhere we can relax; somewhere we can be alone together and catch up from the 2 weeks straight that I was gone from my concert. So I’m taking her to the beach. We are actually on a vacation and she got 3 days leave from work since they have no schedules of recording with the new artist who signed in the company earlier this month.

 

“So after all, you will take me to the Philippines?” She asked me as we sat comfortably in the plane.

 

“I knew you wanted to go there when you saw my pictures the first month of our dates when we were starting. So I was thinking I need to bring you there.” I smiled at her after I answered her question.

 

“Joonyoung-ie, thanks for this.” She told me and I can feel how sincere she was.

 

“Anything for the love of my life,” I told her and we just smiled at each other before we busied ourselves with telling stories about what we did when I wasn’t around for 2 weeks.

 

When we arrived at the airport, I slowly tapped her cheeks to wake her up.

 

“We’re here.” I enthusiastically said and she brushed her eyes. I knew she was tired from her busy schedules yesterday so when she fell asleep, I let her rest.

 

“Wow!” That’s the only word that escaped from when we went out.

 

“You are pretty famous here, mister.” She commented and I just chuckled. I lived here for some time so I guess when they discovered I became an artist, they became my fans.

 

“So where should we pass so I would be safe from any flying objects that may come around?” She joked but I felt her stiffen. I know she had a trauma from the last time we went to Namsan tower and one of my fans just threw her some Corn dog and snow.

 

“Well, to tell you the truth, my international fans here aren’t that mean. But I am really prepared from whatever may happen so we just need to follow my driver that way and we can ride in our private van in less than 5 minutes.” I informed her and she somehow relaxed.

 

“That’s my boy.” She smiled at me and held unto my hand tighter.

 

--

After leaving our luggage at the cottage, we went for a walk in the seashore. The air was fresh and the waves are like music slowly playing for us. We were holding each other’s hand and just kept quiet while walking. The silence between us is not one of those awkward moments we have when we have nothing to say or we have argued about something and don’t want to say anything. The silence was the perfect moment where our hearts are silently connecting. This moment is just something I will treasure forever and I know she will too. And just by the sight of her letting go of my hand and playing with the waves, my heart just won’t calm down. She was letting the waves chase her and she run happily, enjoyment is present in her laughter.

 

“Joonyoung-ie, join me here.” She said and gestured me on her right. She extended her hands and I gladly held it in mine.

 

-I liked the afternoon sun that makes me squint

Being in the same place as you seemed like a dream

It seemed like a lie-