Chapter 4: Just the Way We Are

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

Time run fast and now we are both standing at the airport, looking at the flight board, waiting for the announcer to call your trip.

 

My heart feels so heavy and I just feel like crying and begging you not to go but I just can't. I don't want you to see how weak I am because I don't want to see you being hard up in choosing. I don't even want you to choose.

 

We are just quiet and I know our hearts are communicating. Joonyoung, I just want you to be well. Finish the course we both are taking and come back to me. 5 months is just a number. 5 miles is just a distance. I know that we love each other and we won't mind the gap. We've been through tough times together and I know we are stronger.

 

"Your flight is here. Goodbye for now," I told him as I tried to lose from his grip. I know if I won't be the first one to let go of his hand, I'll end up holding tighter, I'll end up dragging him out of this place.

 

"Don't sleep late at night and always take your vitamins. Always wear your jacket or sweater and bring your umbrella. Don't ever get sick, my love. And always remember, I love you." He said and sounded like my mom nagging me about many things.

 

"I will. Here's one thing I just want to tell you, my heart is with you and I hope you carry it with you always. I know I have your heart but I don't control you, if ever you have a change of heart, just give me back my heart with a smile on your face and with honesty." I told him and he pulled me into a hug.

 

"I will never have a change of heart. It will always be you, Sooyoung." His voice cracked and I know he is trying his best not to let out even a single drop of his tears, I did so too. Now, now, I am seeing his different side. So different from the usual jolly and squishy personality he has.

 

"I love you, Joonyoung. Please be well. And come back." I said and pulled away.

 

"I love you too, Sooyoung. Just wait a bit; I will come back to you." He kissed me on my lips, for the first time, probably the last. Then the second reminder for boarding was announced and I stepped 1 foot away from him.

 

"Bye." I waved at him and he smiled at me before he followed his parents after they bid goodbye to me too.

 

-Venting out when things get hard

 

That's hard; I'm not good at that

 

I'm afraid you'll turn away if you see my weakness

 

That you'll get disappointed-