Chapter 19: The Sense of an Ending

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

“I’ll be going then,” I told her and she didn’t say a word.

 

I turned my back and checked myself on the mirror just the way I always do to make things seem normal. I don’t want to think of anything negative. I just want to think that she is undergoing something not so serious and I am praying that it is something we can fix together.

 

As I was fixing my hair, I looked at the reflection and saw her behind. She is fixing my clothes I left at the sofa yesterday but there is something wrong with her. She doesn’t have colds but she keeps on sniffing. I wanted to hug her and assure her that everything’s going to be okay, whatever it was but I hold back. I am afraid I might make things more complicated. At situations like this, what she need is not a hug but a time to be alone and figure things out. I know her and she might just be mad at me if I won’t leave her alone. Even though I really wanted to sit with her and offer my shoulders, I am holding back.

 

I took a last glance at her and my reflection before I opened the door and left.

 

I stayed for a minute outside the door to hear if she was crying but I can’t hear anything. Maybe she is doing fine. And I really pray she is fine. Please, be fine Sooyoung.

 

-At the sudden plans

I look at myself in the mirror

I tell myself it’s probably nothing and leave the house-