Chapter 42

Dear Boy

[4 days later]

Seeing Sohee sitting all by herself staring at the ocean Nichkhun walks over and sits down next to her.

"What are you doing just staring at the ocean??" Nichkhun, he looks at Sohee.

"Nichkhun oppa. . . when The Little Mermaid exchanged her voice for human legs and become more beautiful she was able to get the prince's attentions and his love. . . if I exchange my voice. . . becoming mute, become more beautiful and attractive like 'her'. . . do you think he will love me more??" Sohee, she continues on to stares at the ocean as she speaks.

Noticing Sohee's depressing face Nichkhun tries to cheer her up.

"You don't need to exchange your voice to become more beautiful because you already are." Nichkhun, he smiles.

Sohee turns her head and look at Nichkhun. He then turns around and look at the ocean.

"If I was the prince, I wouldn't want the princess to change anything about herself just for me. You see, true love comes from within one's heart. When you feel like your heart has finally find it meaning to beats and continue on beating, that's when you know you have found your true love. Instead of The Little Mermaid, I prefer The Princess And The Frog. Sometime, you don't need to look around for the prince, because he might just be right next to you." Nichkhun, he turns to Sohee and looks into her eyes.

After a minute of looking into each other's eyes Sohee turns away, she goes back staring at the ocean. 

"By the way, you've been here for over a month now. . . I'm just curious but do you have a family? Are they looking for you??" Nichkhun.

"I had 3 families." Sohee.

She stares at the gentle ocean waves and start to tell her story.

"Once upon a time there was a family, a happy and harmony family with 4 people, the dad, the mom, the older sister and a little sister. They lived happily in fortune and love. . . but it didn't last long. . . conflicts start to arise, and then problems would come one after another, the mom and dad would fight days and nights. . . the 2 sisters would hide in their rooms and cries. . . soon after, the mom and dad filed for a divorce leaving the 2 sisters in the dad's care. He would work days and nights without any sleep, he works all by himself to raise the 2 daughters. . . while her older sister is sound asleep, the little girl would hide behind the door and watches her dad work. . . due to the many sleepless nights that the dad stayed up to work. . . he aged faster and faster. Seeing how much hardships her dad was going through, the little girl was determined to become famous and successful so that she can give her dad a better life without having to shed any sweat or tear." Sohee, she tells the story.

"At the age of 13th she was accepted into an entertainment company, there she would practice for hours and hours to better her skill so that she can soon debut. 2 years after, with the many days of hard work she was able to join in a group of 4 other wonderful and talented girls, there she starts her 2nd family. Those girls worked hard despite others laughing at them and mocking them, the road that those girls walked on were filled with obstacles, sweats and tears, but with the unstoppable spirits, those girls made it to the top." Sohee, she continues on.

"There the little girl met a boy, a boy who made her heart jumps. He was able to moved her cold and lonely heart that once closed due the destruction of her parents' divorce. She was then able to live again and understand what it feels like to be in love and loved. But just like every story, there will always be an end. . . their love story came to an end when the guy found someone else. . . someone who is much more outgoing than the little girl, someone who is much more beautiful to look at. . . The heart that has healed from the wound of her parent's divorce was hurt once again. . ." Sohee, she stopped for a few seconds as tears flown down her cheeks then continue on with the story.

"Those two deep scars closed the pathway for any more love to enter. . . others might not be able to understand. . . but that girl was very scared, she was scared of being hurt again. . . so in order to protect her heart from being hurt again she told herself to forget about everything and let go of all of it and start anew." Sohee.

"You see, just like that girl. . . I also want to start anew. Those who I love and those that love me are probably very worried about me. . . One side of me really want to get in contact with them. . . but the other side tells me not to. . . the world that I used to live in is very cold and hard to survive. . . I was always in fear, fear of being hate on by others and fear of them hurting my love one. . . now that I'm here, having nothing, feel so much better. I don't have to worry about losing anything, not property, not feeling, and not . . .'him'. . . Plus I don't have their contact numbers and way to contact them anyway. . . I am sorry forward those girls, those girls who love and care for me like their own little sisters, I really miss them. . . I really miss them. . . I'm such a spoiled and greedy person for only worrying about my own feeling. . . I don't want to live in the past anymore. . . it's too painful. I want to move on, and in order to move on I must forget about everything, including 'him' and those. . . girls. . ." Sohee, she tears up as she told her story.

Nichkhun, not understanding much but he notices Sohee's tears and was able to feel her sadness, by her side he just continue on to stay silent and listen to her; be there with her.

 [3 months later, at Music Core]

"Nice job everyone, thank you, thank you." Jiyong, he bows to all of  the staffs.

"Thank you everyone." Dara, she bows as she thanks the staffs.

"That was a great collaboration of you two. Good work!" YG, he praises Jiyong and Dara.

"Well that's the end for this promotion, good job everyone you have worked hard; give yourself a round of applause!" YG.

Everyone clapped their hands for Jiyong and Dara.

After everyone leave the room YG calls Jiyong over.

"How is the marriage life? Is Sohee doing fine? I haven't heard anything from her for the past 4 months already." YG.

"I'm not asking this to be nosy, I just care for the two of you, you're like my own son and Sohee is like my own daughter-in-law, I love you both a lot. Plus that JYP has been loading himself with work in the States I barely get to see him now a day." YG.

"Sohee is doing fine. . . She is spending a lot of time with her members and family." Jiyong, he lied.

"That's good to hear. . . make sure to take care of her well okay." YG, he pads Jiyong's back and then leave the room.

Jiyong is now all by himself, he looks at the wallpaper on his phone, the lovely picture of him and Sohee.

"Where are you right now?? Are you dead or still alive? Do you know how much I miss you right now?? Do you know how much I need you to be here right now?? I miss you so much that I feel like I'm going crazy. 4 months. . . 4 months already, these past 4 months I have never once stopped thinking about you. My heart feels empty without you, this world feels so incomplete without your presence. Are you dead or alive? Give me an answer so I can come to wherever you are that way you won't have to feel lonely." Jiyong, he talks as he looks at their photo.

After awhile he gets up, walk out of the waiting room and drove back home.

[At his and Sohee's house]

"Seeing our house like this, I have never realized how much of a presence you had. . . everything seems so lifeless when you're not around." Jiyong, he laughs as he looks at their cold, empty house.

He puts on his slippers and takes our his phone to call Taeyang.

"Any news?" Jiyong.

"No, for the past 4 months we have been calling the search team for news but we still don't have any. . . hopes are getting lower and lower. . ." Taeyang.

"Thanks bro, I will call you later okay." Jiyong.

"No problem." Taeyang, he smiles.

They hang up.

[Next day, at a cafe]

"Noona!!! Noona!!!!" Thunder, he ran inside the cafe.

"Why are you screaming into my ears like this??" Dara, she gets annoyed.

"Noona!!! I. . . I. . ." Thunder, he tries to calm down and catch his breaths.

"I got a call from the search team, they said they saw Sohee at Seongeup Folk Village. She is still alive!!" Thunder, he smiled, trying to breathe.

"What?!! She is still alive?!! UGH!!" Dara, she takes her bag and walks out of the cafe.

"Noona! Where are you going?! Wait for me!" Thunder, he runs after her.

[Back at Jiyong and Sohee's house]

Heard the door bell, Jiyong walks over to the door.

"Hello, this is for Mrs. Kwon." Mailman.

"Kwon Sohee?" Jiyong, he takes the envelop with a questioned face.

The mailman nods and then leave.

Jiyong walks back to the living room, look at the envelop with full of curiosity.

"Full House Pension, Jeju Island??" Jiyong, he reads the address from the envelope out loud.

Without any hesitation Jiyong opens up the envelope.

"The cleaners found these under the bed when she was cleaning. Our apology for not returning them sooner ." Jiyong, he reads the little note out loud.

"Photos??" Jiyong, after reading the note, he takes a look at the photos. 

"Ahn Sohee, you fool!" Jiyong, he was pissed off as he looks at the photos; he couldn't believe all of that happened because of these 2 photos.

He stood up, crumbles the photos, throw them aside, takes his jacket and immediately hurry out to the door.

Just then

"JIYONG!!! Jiyong!!!" Taeyang, he runs to Jiyong.

"Sohee. . . she is. . ." Taeyang, he ran out of breath.

"SOHEE??!! Sohee what?? What about Sohee??" Jiyong, he gets anxious after hearing Sohee's name.

"I got a call from the search team, they saw Sohee at Seongeup Folk Village. She is still ALIVE!!" Taeyang, he smiled big looking at Jiyong.

"Really??!! Sohee is still alive?!!" Jiyong, he smiled.

Jiyong and Taeyang then runs out of to the parking lot, they get into Jiyong's car and drove to the airport, flying to Jeju Island.

[An hour later, at Jeju Island]

"Nichkhun, go get Sohee. She is still picking the oranges by the flowers field, tell her to come home for lunch already." Nichkhun's mom.

"Yes mom. I'm leaving." Nichkhun, he leaves the house.

[At the same time]

"Where the heck is this place?? So old looking. . . ugh!! Make me go through all of these just to find her." Dara, she whines.

"Noona why are you looking for her? Isn't knowing that she is still alive good enough??" Thunder.

"Shut up! What do you know?" Dara.

"Oww!" Thunder, he covers his head.

Thunder bumped into Dara. She stopped walking as soon as she spots Sohee picking the oranges.

"Look at who we have here. Our little princess is doing labor work??" Dara, she smirked, crossing her arms as she walks toward Sohee.

Sohee was caught by surprise, she got scared seeing Dara and Thunder walking toward her, she moves back as Dara gets closer.

"Do you think you can hide from me?" Dara, she looks at Sohee evilly as she pulls Sohee's face close to her.

"Noona! Don't do that!" Thunder, he shouts.

"SHUT Your Mouth!" Dara, she looks back at Thunder.

"Well, well, well Miss. Having fun hiding??" Dara.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU DIE??!!" Dara, she suddenly shout.

Sohee was frightened by Dara's shout, she jumped a little; Sohee slowly moves back.

"You know, if you were to die in that ocean everything would have been much better and easier. Why are you still living on this earth?? WHY??!!" Dara, she stares evilly at Sohee who is moving back due to being scared.

"It's because of YOU that Jiyong didn't notice me and paid zero attention to me, you evil little witch!!" Dara.

"I'm sorry but right now---" Sohee, she tries to explain the situation.

"DON'T you DARE talk back to me!!" Dara, she slapped Sohee.

Sohee, being scared of Dara, she holds onto her face after being slapped.

"Noona!! Why did you slap her?!" Thunder, he gets a little angry.

"Stay out of it if you don't want to get slap as well." Dara, she warns Thunder.

[Meanwhile]

"This is the place?" Jiyong, he looks at the village and ask.

Him and Taeyang then find their way to Nichkhun's house.

[At Nichkhun's house]

"Excuse me. . . do you know any girl name Ahn Sohee??" Jiyong, he timidly asked Nichkhun's mom.

"You mean that mandu-face girl??" Nichkhun's mom.

"YES!! Yes!! Mandu face!" Jiyong.

"She is picking oranges by the flower field." Nichkhun's mom, she shows Jiyong and Taeyang the way.

"Thank you." Jiyong and Taeyang, they bows to Nichkhun's mom.

[In the meantime]

"Huh?! Who are those people?" Nichkhun, he thinks to himself as he hides behind the bushes.

"Did you think I was going to let you off that easily??" Dara, she stares at Sohee.

"No. . . I was---" Sohee, she quietly tried to speaks.

"I TOLD you not to talk back to me!!" Dara, she fiercefully pushed Sohee.

Sohee fell down to the ground.

"Aaaaahhhhh!!" Sohee, she screams.

"You're screaming?? Are you making me into the culprit right now?? What a little witch you are!" Dara, she smirks looking down at Sohee.

"Noona!! I don't think she's faking it!!" Thunder, he runs over to Sohee.

"Aaaahhhhh!!!" Sohee, she continue on to scream.

"STOP SCREAMING!!" Dara.

Dara suddenly stopped screaming at Sohee, her eyes grew wide opened as she sees blood running down Sohee's legs.

"B-blood???. . . . Blood. . . w-w-what, what happened. . .???" Dara, she panics.

"Sohee!! Sohee!! Why are you bleeding??!" Thunder, he holds her in his arms.

"Why is she bleeding?? I just lightly pushed her. . . I didn't do it!! That was NOT me!!" Dara, she points at Sohee as she shouts in panics.

"Aaaahhh!! . . . It hurts!!! Help. . . help me!!" Sohee, she screams in pains as bloods continue on to run down her legs, she turns pale and her breaths start to become shorter.

"So much blood. . . What do we do? Sohee please don't die on me!!" Thunder, he panics as he holds Sohee.

Just then Jiyong and Taeyang appear.

"Sohee?? SOHEE!!!!" Jiyong, he runs toward Sohee as soon as he arrives.

Taeyang follows and runs after Jiyong.

Jiyong drops down to the ground, he pushes Thunder away and holds onto Sohee.

"Sohee?? Sohee?? What's wrong?? Why are you so pale??" Jiyong, he touches her pale face.

Jiyong panics as Sohee is struggling to breathe, her breath gets shorter and shorter. 

Jiyong looks at her pale face and panics, then he notices the blood.

"Blood??? Why are you bleeding?? Sohee!! Answer me!!" Jiyong, he shouts.

"I didn't do it!! I DIDN'T DO IT!!!" Dara, she screams and run off.

Not knowing what to do, Thunder runs after Dara.

"Sohee!!! Sohee!!! Why are you like this?? What happened to you?!" Jiyong, he looks at Sohee, panicking.

"Let's get her to a hospital first!" Taeyang.

Jiyong carries Sohee in his arms and runs toward the car.

Taeyang gets into the driver seat while Jiyong holds Sohee in his arms in the back, they drove to the main hospital in Jeju Island.