Chapter 40

Dear Boy

[At Seongeup Folk Village, Jeju Island]

"Umma, I will be back okay?" Nichkhun, he shouts to his mom and then runs off.

He walks to the ocean.

"Waaaah~~ Today's weather is so beautiful. The ocean seems so clear and blue." Nichkhun, he puts his hands behind his back and smells the fresh air of the ocean.

He slowly opens his eyes and look around.

"Huh? What is that??" Nichkhun, he curiously walks over to the ocean.

"A girl??" Nichkhun, he bends down to look at her.

"Waaaah~~ So beautiful." Nichkhun, he stares at the Sohee's face, from her eyes, to her tall button nose, to her perfect heart shaped lips, and to her white porcelain skins.

"Like an angel~" Nichkhun, he was mesmerized, he continues on to stares.

"So beautiful~ She doesn't look like she is from this village. . ." Nichkhun, he talks to himself staring at Sohee.

"WAIT?! Why is she in the water?? Is she dead?!" Nichkhun, he got a shock thinking that Sohee is dead.

He gets closer to Sohee, places his finger in front of her nose.

"She's breathing, she is still alive!" Nichkhun.

He then takes her out of the water and carries her back to his house in the village.

[At his house]

Nichkhun places Sohee down on the bed.

"Nichkhun?! Who is that?!" Nichkhun's mom, she walks over to the bed.

"I don't know, I found her floating in the water. I've never seen her before. . . I don't think she is from here. . .??" Nichkhun, he scratches his head.

"Of course she is not. Have you ever seen any girl in this village wearing this type of clothing??" Nichkhun's mom.

"I know right? Doesn't she look like an angel in that long white dress??" Nichkhun, he smiles looking at Sohee.

"Stop talking, go dry her up first. She's soaking wet from head to toes." Nichkhun's mom.

"Me?? Drying her up??" Nichkhun, he points at himself with one hand and at Sohee with the other.

"Aah that's right. . . I'll do it. Leave!" Nichkhun's mom.

Nichkhun's mom then takes out the towel and by herself dry Sohee up.

"Who is this mysterious girl? She looks so young. . ." Nichkhun's mom, she talks to herself.

[25 minutes later]

"Umma!! How is she?" Nichkhun, he runs back inside to the bed where Sohee is laying.

"She's all dried up now, poor girl, she looks so pale and weak. . ." Nichkhun's mom, she signs.

"Umma, since you're the only person with some medical skills in this village, can you help me to take a look at her?" Nichkhun.

Nichkhun's mom then sits down by the bed, she takes Sohee's hand, places her fingers on Sohee's blood veins.

"Umma! What's wrong?? Why the expression on your face??" Nichkhun.

He gets worried and asks his mom as his mom's face seems to be in shock.

"She. . . she is pregnant!!" Nichkhun's mom, she looks up to Nichkhun with a shock expression.

"What? Pregnant??" Nichkhun, he got a shock.

"Anyway, stay here and watch over her. I will go make her some soup to eat when she wakes up." Nichkhun's mom, she places Sohee's hand down and walks into the kitchen.

Nichkhun then walks over and sits down on the bed, he stares at Sohee's face.

"You're such a mysterious girl. . . you came out of nowhere, looking so beautiful. . . yet . . ." Nichkhun.

He stops talking and just signs looking at Sohee.

Suddenly, a tear runs down from Sohee's eye.

"Huh?! Tear?! She's crying?! NO way! How can she cry when her eyes are closed??" Nichkhun.

He was fascinated, he looks all over Sohee's face, wondering why she is crying.

"What happened to her?? It must have been painful for her to cry in her sleep like this. . ." Nichkhun, he gets a bit sad looking at Sohee.

He then wipes her tear away and covers her up with the blanket.

"It's been over 7 hours already, she is still not awake. . ." Nichkhun, he signs.

"She will awake soon or later, might it be tomorrow. Just let her sleep." Nichkhun's mom, she walks back into her room.

Got bored, Nichkhun takes out a white piece of paper and a pencil, he starts to draw Sohee's sleeping face as he waits for her to wake up.

"Finished!!" Nichkhun, he looks at his painting, feeling proud.

"She is still not awake. . ." Nichkhun, he signs and place his painting to the side.

[Next day morning]

Sohee slowly opens her eyes, she looks around at the unfamiliar place.

"You're awake?" Nichkhun, he brings the soup over and places it on the table.

"Where am I?" Sohee, she sits up and asks as she looks at Nichkhun.

"You are at Seongeup Folk Village." Nichkhun, he smiles looking at Sohee.

"Seongeup Folk Village? I'm still alive?" Sohee, her eyes were opened wide.

"You're breathing perfectly so you must be alive. Here eat this soup, you've been sleeping for more than 24 hours already, you must be hungry." Nichkhun, he hands her the bowl of soup.

"Thank you." Sohee, she bows.

She looks at Nichkhun once then looks around the room as she eats the soup.

After she finished the soup, Nichkhun takes the bowl and put it aside. He then starts to ask her questions.

"What is your name? Where are you from? You don't look like a village girl? Are you from the city?" Nichkhun, he asks with full of curiousy.

"My name is Sohee, I'm from Seoul. By the way. . . how did I end up here?" Sohee.

"Sohee? What a cute name, it matches you very well. I found you in the ocean." Nichkhun, he smiles.

"So I didn't die after all. . ." Sohee, she looks disappointed.

"Why? Did you really wanted to die?" Nichkhun.

"Right now. . . it's better for me to die than to live." Sohee, she looks at Nichkhun.

"Noooo, no, no, No!! You can't die. If you die what will happen to the baby?" Nichkhun.

"Baby?! What baby?!!" Sohee, her eyes grew bigger as she was shocked and confused.

"Your baby. You are 1 week pregnant." Nichkhun's mom, she walks in and answered Sohee's question.

"This. . . this can't be happening. . ." Sohee, she wraps her stomach, she was in a lot of shocks as she couldn't believe the words they just said.

"You didn't know you were pregnant?" Nichkhun.

Sohee still wrapping her stomach, looking up at Nichkhun and shakes her head.

"Do you guys know who I am?" Sohee, she worriedly asked.

"You just told us your name is Sohee. Welcome to our village." Nichkhun, he smiles.

"So they don't know anything about Wonder Girls, Big Bang or anything at all??" Sohee, she thinks to herself.

"This might be too much to ask for, but can I stay here? I will work, I will do anything just as long as you guys let me stay here." Sohee, she gets on her knees and begs.

"You can stay here as long as you want." Nichkhun's mom, she picks Sohee up and gave Sohee a gentle smile.

"Thank you." Sohee, she bows and smile at Nichkhun and his mom.