Chapter 14

Dear Boy

[On the phone]

"Hello." Yubin.

"Yubin-shi? This is Jiyong. Please don't hang up!" Jiyong.

"I really need your help. Please." Jiyong.

"I can't help you." Yubin.

"Please! Just let me see Sohee once." Jiyong.

"She won't see you. She has moved on please don't make it harder for her." Yubin.

"I know she will not want to see me, that is why I'm asking for your help. Please somehow convince her to see me, I beg you." Jiyong.

"Jiyong-shi, she is our precious magnae, seeing her being hurt like that once is enough for us already. We don't want this to---" Yubin.

"I know I did wrong, and I'm trying to fix all of it. Please give me a chance." Jiyong, he cuts her off.

Knowing how much they once loved each other and being unable to refuse Jiyong's begging, she agreed to help. 

"Okay, I'll help just this one time." Yubin.

"Thank you Yubin-shi." Jiyong, they hung up.

"I don't know if this is the right thing to do, but I'm willing to risk it and give it a try. Sohee may seems like she has moved on, but I know somewhere within her heart there is Jiyong. Sohee-ah, I'm doing this for your own sake, please be happy." Yubin, she talks to herself after hanging up the phone call.

[At YG building]

"Hyung, do I have any schedule this Saturday?" Jiyong, he asked his manager.

"Lemme check. No, you're free." said the manager.

"Thanks hyung." Jiyong, he left the building.

[Meanwhile, at JYPE's dance studio]

"Sohee, yah! How are you feeling being back in Korea?" Yubin, she walks over and sits down beside Sohee who is drinking her water.

"We've been back for a month now, why ask now?" Sohee, she laughs.

"Just because. . . hey your schedule is free this Saturday right?" Yubin.

"Yeah, why? Anything special?" Sohee.

Yubin looks around to make sure that everyone was gone. After checking she turns around and face Sohee.

"Look, I know that in your heart you still have some type of feeling for Jiyong." Yubin, she puts her hands on Sohee's shoulders.

As soon as she hears the name Jiyong, she pushes Yubin's hands away and stands up.

"Unnie, I don't want to hear about him. That's the past." Sohee, she tried to walk away.

"Sohee. Be honest with yourself and ask your heart. Is there really no Kwon Jiyong in your heart?" Yubin.

Upon hearing this Sohee turns around.

"Yes, when I hear his name my heart does beats faster, and I get nervous. But it's all over. It's the past now. He has moved on and so do I." Sohee.

"Well that's your choice. I'm just advising you to be honest with your feeling. The more you lie to yourself the more it will hurt you back in the future." Yubin.

Yubin walks closer toward Sohee.

"This Saturday, 7:00PM at the Han River. He will be there waiting for you. Come or not it's your choice." Yubin, she walks out of the room.

Sohee stays in silent and thinks to herself. She touches her chest and feel her heart beats. 

"It hurts, it's still very painful. . ." Sohee, she tears up as she squeezes her chest.

Her head is now a mess thinking about their pasts and what she should do. Couldn't decide, she turns on the music and practice the dances. She dances and dances for hours and hours past midnight. Running out of breath, she drops herself down against the wall and rest. Soon after she regains her energy back, she gets up, grabs her belongings and leave the studio. 

"Sohee! Get in!" Jane.

"Unnie it's fine. I want to walk today." Sohee.

"Are you sure?" Jane.

"I have no makeup no one will recognizes me, plus it's dark already they won't be able to see me." Sohee

"Okay then, be careful!" Jane, she drove off.

Sohee starts to walk, as she walks she takes a deep observation with the surrounding. She looks at the street lights, the stores, the couples walking together hands in hands. She continues on to walk and think back of the memories that they made together. She stopped her foot steps as she reaches the Han River.

"Even though I can't see any stars in the sky, tonight sure is a beautiful night." Sohee, she looks up to the sky, inhale the fresh air and smiled.

She turns around to the noise of laughter. She smiles at the couple all cuddle up together.

"Didn't we once used to be like that? It sure was a good time." Sohee, she thinks to herself and smiled. She squads down to grabs a random tree branch laying on the ground and write out: "Kwon Jiyong." She smiles looking at his name.

"How have you been? Do you still remember me?" Sohee, she continues on to look at his name.

"Should I go to meet you?" Sohee.

"Will my feeling be hurt again?" Sohee, she paused at the thought.

"Will you. . . will you break my heart for the second time?" Sohee.

"It really was painful. So painful that my heart closed it door to everyone else. Will you be able to open that tightly closed door to my heart again?" Sohee, she continues on to question about the possibility of their meeting.

She stays at the Han River for an extra 30 minutes before going home.

When she got inside Wonder Girls' dorm, she walks straight into her room since everyone were already asleep. She walks over to the drawers, pulls out the last drawer and take out an old album. She flips through the pages and revisit all of their pasts. She carefully looks at their pictures one by one.

"Your smiles are always so big and bright. I miss seeing this smile." Sohee, she touches his lips on the picture.

Putting the album away, she gets on her bed and cover herself up with the blanket.

"Maybe. . . maybe we can go back to the way we used to be and be happy." Sohee, she thoughts to herself as she falls asleep.