Cornered

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taeyeon woke up and found herself hugging the treasure chest. And if the awful feelings weren't enough for Taeyeon's day to start badly, she has forgotten to do her chores the night before. As if on cue, loud banging was heard from the door, accompanied by her uncle's outburst.

"YAH KIM TAEYEON! OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!!"

Taeyeon felt that this time, she was really going to get it. But unlike any other day like this where she will panic and will feel scared, this time, she didn't care if she was going to get it. She walked to the door, unlocked it, and opened it. 

"SO YOU WERE HERE ALL THIS TIME, HUH?"

"I'm sorry uncle." Taeyeon said with her head hung low.

"YOU THINK YOU'RE GONNA GET AWAY WITH IT JUST LIKE THAT?!"

"I-I didn't mean to, uncle. I.."

Before she was able to finish, her uncle grabbed her arm and roughly dragged her to the kitchen. 

"LOOK AT THIS MESS!" He said while pointing to the dirty plates in the sink, as well as the messy floor.  "Sneaking into your room to escape doing your chores isn't really a good plan"..... "Now give me a valid reason why you didn't do your chores last night." His uncle's voice was now softer and calmer but his voice was still stern.

"I...I... " Taeyeon wanted to defend herself, but she didn't want to tell her uncle the real reason why. She just didn't feel like she should tell him the truth.

"Being lazy is a no no.".. Yoona grumbled from behind before grabbing her backpack and leaving.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!" Taeyeon's uncle then grabbed her collar and slapped her. "WHY CAN'T YOU ANSWER ME?!" Taeyeon still didn't answer which earned Taeyeon a punch on the face, sending her on the floor.

"You're not going to school today until you clean up this mess. Do you get me?!" Taeyeon nodded frantically as her uncle grabbed her collar again, only to shove her to the pile of mess in the kitchen.

Taeyeon gripped the edge of the sink for a few seconds to steady herself before she washed up the traces of blood on the side of then proceeded with her chores. Once she was done, she looked at the time and saw that it was already 9 am. She was basically late for class so she decided to just attend her afternoon classes.

 

--------------------------------------

 

School, finally... atleast I'll be safer here. Taeyeon thought as she walked along the hall of the school building. Atleast uncle isn't here, my aunt isn't here, even Yoona isn't here. I'll be alright. ... or so she thought. 

She entered the room and hurriedly went to sit at her usual spot, careful not to let anyone see her bruised and swollen cheek so as not to cause any unwanted gossip and attention.. She looked around the room, checking to see if anyone noticed it and then inwardly smiled when she saw no one. 

"Hey, I heard the swim team's gonna compete this afternoon."

"Yeah, Jessica's included there right?"

Upon hearing Jessica's name, Taeyeon looked at her 2 classmates who were conversing, two chairs away from her.

"Yep. I guess she won't be attending classes this afternoon then."

Taeyeon looked at Jessica's seat, far in the front and saw that she indeed wasn't there. She caught herself slightly frowning, then shrugged it off. I hope she wins. 

While Taeyeon was lost in her thoughts, someone who has also heard the 2 girls' conversation broke out into a smirk. 

*Kriiiiiiiiing

Taeyeon gathered all her belongings and stuffed it inside her bag and was about to leave when..

"Hi Taeyeon."

"Hel-- waaaah!" Taeyeon was about to respond back but then remembered not to show anyone her swollen cheek so out of reflex, she grabbed the first object she laid her hands on and hid her face behind it.

"Taeyeon, why are you hiding behind your bag? .. it's just me, Tiffany" she laughed.

"H-hello Tiffany" Taeyeon greeted while still holding her bag in front of her face.

"I uhh.. just wanted to lend you my notes. You missed quite a lot in some of our subjects although you were just absent for half a day.

" Oh. It's okay. You don't have to."

" You don't need to be shy about it, it's okay." Taeyeon finally peeked from behind her bag, but still careful not to show her cheek, and saw Tiffany smiling. She felt herself sweating all of a sudden as she reached for Tiffany's notebooks

"You're Welcome. I'll be going now."

Taeyeon heard footsteps heading away from her. She peeked again only to see Tiffany exit the room. She sighed as she grabbed her backpack and headed out the room too. Once she reached the 1st floor, Taeyeon felt uneasy. She felt like someone was following her. She kept glancing behind her, hoping to catch whoever it was who was following her. She couldn't take the anxiety anymore so she attempted to run until 2 boys blocked her way. She turned around to run the other way but unfortunately bumped into someone else.

"Where do you think you're going?" Nichkhun smirked.

"What do you want this time?"

"Oh nothing much.. I just wanted to finish our unfinished business and this time... without anyone interrupting us." He smirked again before noddin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter